The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #68: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 Canadiens @ Blues 8:00 Pm Rds(hd),tsn-habs(hd)

HabsRuleForever

Thank you for opening the thread hrf :)

While not forgetting what happened to Max (I cant even find a word to call or describe the horror of it), lets try to put our focus on the rest of the team and the games ahead :)

I hope the guys will be able to have their head in the game tomorrow. Win or lose, if they manage to play a disciplined game (as in sticking to the game plan) it will be a loud statement. I'm expecting a strong display of character by the boys in bleu-blanc-rouge tomorrow night and my gut tells me I wont be disappointed.

Its tough to focus on hockey again after that travesty. I dont know how the guys will find the inner strength to get themselves motivated to play this next few games with the memory of Patches fresh in their minds.I'm only a fan and i'm finding it difficult. The boys will need our support even moreso now, as they try to refocus their energy and drive.One shift at a time boys.

P.S. Nice GDT. ;)

Right now my thoughts & prayers are with Max & his family & friends.

I guess we have another game to play. Coming up the St. Louis Blues

Nice thread hrf....lets get this win for patches :(........Go habs!

Nice GDT HRF and I hope everything turns out better than it was for Max he worked so hard to make the Habs.I'm sure the team must be having trouble keeping a focus,but I'm sure Max would want them keep this winning streak going.This team was brought together more than ever after the Boston game,now will most assuredly be the hardest stretch of games.Go Habs Go!

Please join this Facebook group. Max Pacioretty for 3rd Star

I'm trying to gather up enough support so that we can vote Max Pacioretty for 3rd star of every home Canadiens game until he can return to the lineup. He needs our support more than ever right now. He has a very long and difficult journey ahead of him.

And in regards to the Habs game tonight, I expect to see the team play with a giant fire inside them all. Tragic events like this can destroy, or inspire teams. I believe the Canadiens will be inspired.

Please join this Facebook group. Max Pacioretty for 3rd Star

I'm trying to gather up enough support so that we can vote Max Pacioretty for 3rd star of every home Canadiens game until he can return to the lineup. He needs our support more than ever right now. He has a very long and difficult journey ahead of him.

And in regards to the Habs game tonight, I expect to see the team play with a giant fire inside them all. Tragic events like this can destroy, or inspire teams. I believe the Canadiens will be inspired.

I'm pretty certain you can't vote for a player not playing in the game. As I've said in other threads this would be akin to putting Markov as first star, Gorges as second star and rotating Spacho and Patches for third star, won't happen and takes away from the players making an impact in THAT game.

That being said, I'm still feeling a bit deflated and not sure if I'll bother watching this game, even though i was pretty excited for it in the previous couple of weeks.

HRF your GDT was very thoughtful

I like everyone just feel awful

I wasn't sure I wanted to make a rhyme

Somehow it didn't feel like a good time

I think this is the way Max would like it done

We have to keep focused on our playoff run

We all feel for Max in his adversity

But he would want us to win with his tenacity

So come on team this games for him

We know that he would want us to win

I was looking forward to this game

We know it doesn't mean the same

We know we can never make it right

But we can't give up with out a fight

So come on guys we can't relax

Gotta win this cup for our guy Max

GO HABS GO :huh: :huh:

And for all our injured guys

GO HABS G :D :D O

Nice job on the GDT HRF. Obviously MaxPac is on everyones mind, especially the players. They also need all our support right now. Like some have already said, as long as they stick to the game plan and stay focused, they will do just fine.

GO HABS GO!!!

The next game or two will be telling as to how the Habs as a team respond to the adversity and constantly being slapped in the face by the NHL. Off the ice, I encourage all fans and media to continue to show their disapproval of the NHL's head office and to do everything that can be done to have Bettman, Campbell, and Murphy ousted. On the ice, however, the Habs players need to keep their collective cool and continue to play smart hockey. We are playing well right now and tonight's game is against an opponent that is going through a tough stretch, so for us this will be more about mental fortitude than anything.

And at least the Habs can take solace knowing they aren't in the place of a guy like Ference. He had the courage to speak out against Paille and yet he still has to put up with playing with a bunch of head-hunting hypocritical morons. I really hope that behind closed doors some of the Bruins have turned on Chara, Thornton, Campbell, and Paille as teammates. These guys are as bad as the Flyers with their reckless play and it will take a more public voice from a Ference, a Bergeron, or a Savard to come out and call Chara what we all know he is.

Archived