Price DD and PK can't do it all

It's not fair to depend on them to rise or fall

So where are the players with thoughts of winning

This season is nearly over not beginning

So come on HABS lets see some heart

We need EVERY player to play his part

GO HABS GO :D :D

A bit insulting but I'll let it pass...

Sorry I didn't mean to put your game day thread down, its very cool and one of the best I've seen. I just really like the other one and we won when we used it so that's why I brought it up. If you can, you could delete my previous post because I do see how it could come off insulting and I apologize.

Nice one.

As I'm sure most of you are, I'm looking forward to this game.

I hope the Habs get theb est revenge possible: a decisive victory.

Wonderful Thread, CRB. As usual.

I was talking with a coworker on Tuesday, before the Sabres game, and he put a bug in my ear that I can't seem to shake. He suggested starting Auld against the Bruins. While I agree this is a big opportunity, a must-win if we are going to have any hope of getting the Division, I also think our chances are still pretty slim given the 2-games in hand Boston has and some of the opportunities to gain ground that we've let slip through our fingers. Granted, Carey Price would give us a much better chance to win but I can't help but be a little nervous of Boston's tactics. I wouldn't put it past them to run the crease, hard, and - while not intending to hurt anyone - maybe hoping to put some lasting discomfort on Price.

I would much rather lose the game than lose Price for any length of time.

If Auld gets lit up, oh well; he's our 2nd stringer.

If Auld played like he did against Minnesota, and we pulled out a win, it would be salt in the wound for the Bruins.

I know, I know. Probably not the smartest decision but I can't help but think it's the safest.

Anyway, it's going to be Epic tonight. 'Hostile environment' doesn't say enough. GO HABS GO!

Here's the antidote for your bug: Price will be in because he'll most likely have to face Boston tactics in the playoffs anyway. If they dont play him tonight, imagine the field day of trash talk from the Booins and even more crashing of the crease next time they play him. Then again that's just the way I see it so scratch that . The actual antidote for your bug is that Martin already confirmed Price for tonight ;)

Here's the antidote for your bug: Price will be in because he'll most likely have to face Boston tactics in the playoffs anyway. If they dont play him tonight, imagine the field day of trash talk from the Booins and even more crashing of the crease next time they play him. Then again that's just the way I see it so scratch that . The actual antidote for your bug is that Martin already confirmed Price for tonight ;)

Very good point, that. I'll concede I'm just jittery. :unsure:

Vets Dan O’Halloran and Dan O’Rourke to ref the game

Two guys who are not always great but who are decent. You knew the NHL was going to send two veterans and I'm just glad we didn't get McCreary. McCreary was a good ref back in the day, but since the rule changes, his philosophy of putting the whistle away just doesn't gel with the way the rest of the league calls penalties and that inconsistency is frustrating. In this game, it would have been awful to have a ref who let everything go on behind the play and then call a random penalty to keep guys on their toes the way McCreary does. So all things considered, I'm okay with it being the two Irish Dans and let's hope they do their job tonight.

From TSN today.

"NHL commissioner Gary Bettman met with Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli and Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier last week in Florida and made it clear to both that Thursday's game between Montreal and Boston had better not result in a gong show.

The NHL isn't taking extraordinary measures to police the game, however veteran referees Dan O'Halloran and Dan O'Rourke have been assigned to manage the on-ice crew, while Terry Gregson, the league's director of officiating will also be on site to monitor the action from the press box."

On edit,,,,the NHL could have the stands filled with people, but they have NO control over what happens on the ice.

Archived