HabsRuleForever

imagesCA6YPSCL-1.jpg

Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins

Game 1

7pm CBC(HD),RDS(HD)

ilyq87.gif

This one's in Beantown

a1d2f5d815a3544cdaa3e99f164d_grande.jpg

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are here once again. I remember last post season like it was yesterday. We knocked out the Washington Capitals & the Pittsburgh Penguins. We sent Ovie & Cindy packing, it was so much fun!

So much fun because it was as far as we have made it since '93. That's a long time ago, a lifetime for some of our younger members. For our other posters who remember the glory years it was a reason to have hope, to believe again.

We were outshot most of the time & usually outplayed. Still we found a way to win because we played as a team. Oh yeah, there was that Halak guy too. Enter or re-enter Carey Price. I know there were doubters, even haters, however he has helped this team to a sixth place finish in our conference.

For our 6th place finish we have been awarded the Big Bad Boston Bruins. This will be the 33rd meeting in the playoffs for the two teams. Sure they look big & strong & tough(ugly) & will be a difficult opponent. We can do this. We are faster, have more heart & play as a team, not as a bunch of goons as (the Booins) have shown themselves to be once again this year.

Some of our "star" players have under-achieved this year. This new season is a shot at redemption for them. This is the time to skate a little faster, hit a little harder & check with more authority. Now is the time to take it to the next level & take us to Lord Stanley's Cup.

There is no tomorrow. Our time is now

GO HABS GO

Awsoem.gif

16c60ff6b330347e0bd978bb7c4da25a.jpg

HRF and Clues your GDT is beyond compare

Your talents are many and very rare

So here it is at long long last

This is a new season we can forget the past

The pundits are singing the same old song

How many times do we have to show them their wrong

But I listen to them with a smile

Don't they know by now the HABS have style

We are not going into this playoffs crying

The Booins are the ones that will end up dying

We have the heart we have the soul

And we will beat them by many a goal

Their size is a hinderance it makes them slow

They can't catch us they have to know

So come what may we will give our all

When we get the cup we will have a ball

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Montreal Canadiens at Boston Bruins

Game 1

There is no tomorrow. Our time is now

Great GDT there hrf...nicely done.

GO_HABS_GO_by_Kiwi_kun.jpg

If I were the Habs, my bulletin board material for this series would include pictures of Chara, Bettman, and Campbell, the Colin Campbell emails asking the refs to cheat for his son, and the Bettman quote about the league being extraordinarily comfortable with the decision not to suspend Chara. If I'm JM, I'm reinforcing to my guys that the league is behind Boston and that the refs will do anything they can to catch us being undisciplined, and that to win, we have to play fast, play smart, and stay out of the box. Whether the league and/or refs really do will do anything to manipulate this series is a total other question, but if I'm the coach, I want my guys thinking it will, and wiping the smug smiles off Bettman and Campbell's faces would be all the motivation I need as a player, not to mention sending Chara packing for the year.

Anything is possible in sports. Yep the bruins are bigger and badder, but were quicker.

And i actually like our dee for the playoffs, I would sooner have Markov then Spacek, a hundred times over....but

Big Gill and Sopel shoudl be good for the penalty kill and I would try to get them out against the Lucic Hornton Line....And I would match up Hammer and PK, Spacek and Wiz...

Top two lines have to be the top two lines in this series...I actually like our depth on 3 and 4 ... you have sone young talented players in Eller, Desharnais and Pouliot, YOu have a couple of hard nose players in Moen and White....

Great goaltending and a sleeper line such as White, Deshanais and Pouliot, or Moen, Eller and Pouliot.

I personally would like to see Eller between White and Pouliot for my third line....but either way I think our bottom six may make a differnce.

I said it in the AK thread and I am saying it here also...AK will be one of the most valuable players for this team , in these playoffs..

Go Habs..................

I just want us to play our game. Never mind trying to outgoon the Bruins. We have to execute in five-man units with precision and speed, get the puck deep and tire out Boston d-men in their own zone, win the special teams battles, and clear the rebounds at our own net (Carey can make the first save -- it's up to the D to ensure that the Bruins don't get second or third chances). We can't be goaded into stupid retaliation penalties and we can't play a perimeter game. When focused and executing, this team is fully capable of beating Boston. Whether we can do it four times in a seven-game series remains to be seen, but it's definitely possible. It all starts with a strong performance out the gate tonight. If we're sluggish in the first period, it could be disastrous.

Boston in 4 or 5 games and we score maybe 2 goals in the entire series. This is probably the case unless they pull off some hurculean effort like last playoffs and set up land mines and grenades at the blue line!!

HEY!!!!! You know i still owe you a one week ban from that last prediction you made,,,right??? :P:P

I havent forgotten.Wanna go double or nothing?? :lol:

Guest youppipwns

I can't wait for tonight. I'm locking myself in my room, no communication with my friends (leafs fans) and I told my parents not to enter my room. TODAY IS GAMMMMEEEEE DAYYY!!!GO HABS GO

I can't believe this day has finally come

The players know what needs to be done

This is the game that matters most

We have to play well or else we're toast

We have to play wise can't depend on luck

Seems like an eternity before they drop the puck

This is a team who will play us hard

Gotta keep them off of the score card

We need to play with great intensity

Have to show them a lot of perversity

So many think we will roll over and die

How can they think that,I don't see why

There is now way we are giving in

When a bit of hard work will give us a win

So come on Habs let us see you smile

The Booins won't be doing that for a while

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I just want us to play our game. Never mind trying to outgoon the Bruins. We have to execute in five-man units with precision and speed, get the puck deep and tire out Boston d-men in their own zone, win the special teams battles, and clear the rebounds at our own net (Carey can make the first save -- it's up to the D to ensure that the Bruins don't get second or third chances). We can't be goaded into stupid retaliation penalties and we can't play a perimeter game. When focused and executing, this team is fully capable of beating Boston. Whether we can do it four times in a seven-game series remains to be seen, but it's definitely possible. It all starts with a strong performance out the gate tonight. If we're sluggish in the first period, it could be disastrous.

Bingo right there.

We have a team full of guys who talk the talk well - and last playoffs they proved they could put their money where their mouths were. Lets see if it happens again this year.

Archived