The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens Sign Swiss Defenceman Raphael Diaz

brand__x

This is the type of signing that can easily go under the radar. One year - two way deal to try things out. If he can crack the club, then good. If not, he can be a solid player for Hamilton.

For what it's worth, I think he was one of the best Swiss defenseman at these WHC. Seems to be a solid PMD. One of the only things he has going against him is his size.

This is the type of signing that can easily go under the radar. One year - two way deal to try things out. If he can crack the club, then good. If not, he can be a solid player for Hamilton.

For what it's worth, I think he was one of the best Swiss defenseman at these WHC. Seems to be a solid PMD. One of the only things he has going against him is his size.

THE WIZ

Taille

Poids 1,8 m (5′ 11″)

90 kg (198 lb)

Rafael'

Weight 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)

185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)

so basically needs to get a bit bigger but would look like wiz lol

Interesting signing. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on this side of the pond.

Are you sure about that. Hmmm not exacly what I expected here really but a alrigt defender, not so sure he is NHL caliber though. This smells Hamilton a long way to me.

Or maybe PG is edit this week <_<

I mean isnt he at the WC and "looking" at the moment. Wow just wow.

Are you sure about that. Hmmm not exacly what I expected here really but a alrigt defender, not so sure he is NHL caliber though. This smells Hamilton a long way to me.

He'll be at training camp and the story is that he could be NHL ready. If he can steal a job, then thats great for us. Young and cheap. Worse case scenerio,,,,he's a Bulldog. ;)

Lol I really don't get what you're implying but he sure seems like a promising player.

We'll see how he does in the training camp..... THEN you can complain :D

Daughter says "he's cute, he can stay" :lol:

:lol:

What else do we know about Diaz? What is his potential defensively?

I'm swiss and can only tell you that he has the better offensive skills than Streit and the same good shot from the blue line. He is a good one-timer shooter so he will score also on NHL-size rinks.

Defensive he has to add some weight, but he keeps his head everytime high.

I think you will have fun with him when you give him a chance.

And he ist much better than Weber! He has already a lot more experience in important games.

Have fun!

I'm swiss and can only tell you that he has the better offensive skills than Streit and the same good shot from the blue line. He is a good one-timer shooter so he will score also on NHL-size rinks.

Defensive he has to add some weight, but he keeps his head everytime high.

I think you will have fun with him when you give him a chance.

And he ist much better than Weber! He has already a lot more experience in important games.

Have fun!

Thanks for that info muelb and welcome to the forum. ;)

Archived