The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Colin Campbell Stepping Down

Darren Dreger of TSN reports that: Colin Campbell is giving up role as NHL disciplinarian. Brendan Shanahan will likely take over. Campbell will remain key component in Hockey Ops. Shanny's role has continually evolved, so it made sense to make change.

-----------------------

Time for every hockey fan to rejoice? - except maybe Boston's then again I said hockey fan B):D

About two years too late but it's about time the NHL finally deals with that travesty they call a justice system.

6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f74f2ed8834-.gif

Guest habs1952

If Campbell is Shanahan's boss I'd still be leery of any decisions regarding the Bruins. But good riddance. Discipline can't get any worse. Can they?

Unfortunately, the piece of... stuff isn't getting forced out, he's just no longer managing supplementary discipline. He still has a cushy job, and still exerts control over people who keep his dirtbag little son in check.

I'm happy, but not.

Anyone know what made him want to step down?

He finally got some common sense?

Now if only bettman can pick up on the subtle clues... Funny, every arena he goes into, whether it's for the allstar game, to award trophies or the stanley cup, he is booed. Really, can't he get the hint? :blink:

From what i have read,, it appears this doesn't take effect until next season. Even though Murphy has been assigned to handle the Cup Finals,,,he still answers to Campbell. We might not have heard the last of him quite yet.

From what i have read,, it appears this doesn't take effect until next season. Even though Murphy has been assigned to handle the Cup Finals,,,he still answers to Campbell. We might not have heard the last of him quite yet.

Not until the finals are over... He has to watch over his son's team. Make sure they get preferential treatment. :P

Archived