The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2011-2012 Habs Rumors

BigTed3

Well,that's all he's wanting to sign for so he says,1 yr......I to am so curious to see how he would fit in here.....I'd try it,if the cost was right of course.

FWIW,,,I would love to see him playing for us, but I think there are 2 criteria for Jagr,,,,,,$$$$$ (4-5 mil. min.) and playing for a team that has a REAL chance at the cup. Pitts. or Det. fit that bill. We could afford it, but do we have a real chance at the cup this year? If everyone was healthy for longs periods (missing 5-15 games is OK by me),,,,then yes, we have a very good chance.

Well our team is better this year with markov and gorges, and if price is good i can see us being a decent contender, but everyones gonna have to play over their heads, I completely forgot about subban to, with philly getting worse by the day, I like our chances more and more. Is kaberle available?

A few notes from Renaud Lavoie:

- He believes the Habs have questions as to whether Auld is really the best goalie to back up Price

- He suggests Hamrlik is looking for a 2-year deal but that if PG makes him an offer it will be for one year

- He claims Jeff Halpern will not be offered a contract before July 1st but could be re-signed at a later date

- He is uncertain as to whether Pouliot will get a qualifying offer from PG but notes that he would likely readily accept a renewal of his contract.

A few notes from Renaud Lavoie:

- He believes the Habs have questions as to whether Auld is really the best goalie to back up Price

Hummmm <_<

HA apparently contracts don't matter anymore. Devin Setiguchi just signed a three year deal then gets ousted the next day!!! It's crazy!

I wouldn't mind trading Spacek or Weber if it meant keeping Wiz. I like Weber a lot, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as Wiz's is. Just my opinion....although he is a heck of a lot cheaper.

HA apparently contracts don't matter anymore. Devin Setiguchi just signed a three year deal then gets ousted the next day!!! It's crazy!

I wouldn't mind trading Spacek or Weber if it meant keeping Wiz. I like Weber a lot, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as Wiz's is. Just my opinion....although he is a heck of a lot cheaper.

Well if you trade just his rights and a first round you won't get burns.

Contract deal was simply to maximize profit on a trade return IMO.

Guest olddude

Was this the Jets draft pick trade or another one?

Not sure, that was all he said. It's in the TSN TWEETBOX on TSN's Tradecenter.

Adam French, a Phoenix Coyotes blogger on hockeybuzz (yes I know, but other then Eklund, they have semi reliable writers like Hindle and Engles), states that an RDS report states that Phoenix is in talks with Montreal and Toronto about getting a player with a high cap hit. He states that the name being mentioned is Scott Gomez and speculates that this is actually a semi-good idea for the Phoenix Coyotes.

Ok...I know, take every rumour with a grain of salt, but RDS is reporting the interest. I haven't even tried to look it up and my lack of understanding in the French Language complicates things a tad (sorry, I'm still learning slowly). Just thought it was interesting. It probably won't happen because, lets face it, I would be REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY if it did, so therefore it won't.

While I understand your seniments, if Gomez was traded I will personally invite PG down to New Jersey and throw a Parade in his name...I'd foot the bill for it too.

I think, at his very best with everything going for him, he's a 50-60 point guy. And that's at his VERY best. I really think his point-per-game days are behind him. 60 points, again at his very best, just isn't cutting it for the money. I'd rather give someone else a shot at second line center duties. If he were paid sayyyyyyy 2.5 million? Fine. 3-3.5.....I wouldn't be thrilled but he would make do. 4 million? Now we start talking about other players that can out produce him for the same amount or maybe a few dollars more. For a million more (roughly 5 million) you can get a guy like Pleks or Mike Richards or a player of that caliber. Heck for 6-7 you can get a 90 point player in Brad Richards. So I'd say at 4 million, Scott Gomez is over paid. 7.5 is just plain stupid.

I would rather have DD or Eller on our second line or even try out Trotter there. We could make a trade or sign a free agent. Boy that could save a lot of bucks for a free agent or a nice trade or even signing Wiz or save it for the new contracts that Price and Subban are going to need. Again, I doubt this will happen but take it for what it's worth.

Guest habs1952

While I understand your seniments, if Gomez was traded I will personally invite PG down to New Jersey and throw a Parade in his name...I'd foot the bill for it too.

I think, at his very best with everything going for him, he's a 50-60 point guy. And that's at his VERY best. I really think his point-per-game days are behind him. 60 points, again at his very best, just isn't cutting it for the money. I'd rather give someone else a shot at second line center duties. If he were paid sayyyyyyy 2.5 million? Fine. 3-3.5.....I wouldn't be thrilled but he would make do. 4 million? Now we start talking about other players that can out produce him for the same amount or maybe a few dollars more. For a million more (roughly 5 million) you can get a guy like Pleks or Mike Richards or a player of that caliber. Heck for 6-7 you can get a 90 point player in Brad Richards. So I'd say at 4 million, Scott Gomez is over paid. 7.5 is just plain stupid.

I would rather have DD or Eller on our second line or even try out Trotter there. We could make a trade or sign a free agent. Boy that could save a lot of bucks for a free agent or a nice trade or even signing Wiz or save it for the new contracts that Price and Subban are going to need. Again, I doubt this will happen but take it for what it's worth.

Do you have proof Richards would get 90 points in a Habs uniform? I don't necessarily like Gomez's salary either but to predict players could come to Montreal and automatically score 50 goals or 90 points is ludicrous.

id love to get rid of gomez and spacek, gomez especially; dont get me wrong, i love gomez as a person, hes hillarious but that said; hes making a 7.35 cap hit doing almost nothing, i'd rather get us a BIG center that will give us a good bang in the east instead of favouring the smurf that promises hell be good this year

If we could ever get rid of Gomez's contract..this is the year dew to some teams having to reach a rather high cap floor. I'd give up Gomez and Spacek for anything. a prospect, 4th round pick whatever.

Archived