The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2011 Hockey Hall Of Fame Candidates

2011 HOCKEY HALL OF FAME CANDIDATES

The Hockey Hall of Fame is preparing to honour another class of legends. With the exception of Ed Belfour, every leading candidate has been on the ballot before, but there is no shortage of stars among this year's crop. Pavel Bure, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros, and Joe Nieuwendyk are only a few of the players who might hear their names called to the Hall.

Ed Belfour...Goaltender

Pavel Bure...Right Wing

Guy Carbonneau...Centre

Theoren Fleury...Right Wing

Doug Gilmour...Centre

Phil Housley...Defenceman

Mark Howe...Defenceman

John LeClair...Left Wing

Eric Lindros...Centre

Kevin Lowe...Defenceman

Joe Nieuwendyk...Centre

Pat Burns...Builder

*Watch the Inductee Announcement live on June 28 at 3pm et/Noon pt on TSN2

Here are some career stats & info

I am really looking forward to hearing Pat Burns being inducted...

Pat+Burns+Dead.jpg

2011 HOCKEY HALL OF FAME CANDIDATES

The Hockey Hall of Fame is preparing to honour another class of legends. With the exception of Ed Belfour, every leading candidate has been on the ballot before, but there is no shortage of stars among this year's crop. Pavel Bure, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros, and Joe Nieuwendyk are only a few of the players who might hear their names called to the Hall.

Ed Belfour...Goaltender

Pavel Bure...Right Wing

Guy Carbonneau...Centre

Theoren Fleury...Right Wing

Doug Gilmour...Centre

Phil Housley...Defenceman

Mark Howe...Defenceman

John LeClair...Left Wing

Eric Lindros...Centre

Kevin Lowe...Defenceman

Joe Nieuwendyk...Centre

Pat Burns...Builder

*Watch the Inductee Announcement live on June 28 at 3pm et/Noon pt on TSN2

Here are some career stats & info

In order for me,

1. Pat Burns

2. Pavel Bure

3. Joe Nieuwendyk

4. Guy Carbonneau

I wouldn't have voted for anyone else yet this year, although there are other good candidates. Those are my top 4.

About damn time they put Burns in there. What a bunch of idiots, it's a kick to the groin and even more so now because what was the difference between this last year. They should all be ashamed of themselves, yes, I am still mad too.

Guest habs1952

1. Pat Burns

2. Pavel Bure

3. Joe Nieuwendyk

4. Guy Carbonneau

Lindros? As far as I'm concerned his only claim to fame was snubbing the Nordiques when he was drafted. Besides that, I don't think his mother would let him out at night to go to the induction ceremony.

Lindros? As far as I'm concerned his only claim to fame was snubbing the Nordiques when he was drafted. Besides that, I don't think his mother would let him out at night to go to the induction ceremony.

I agree,,,I watched the draft and he wouldn't even put on the jersey. Disgusting. :angry:

1. Pat Burns

2. Pavel Bure

3. Joe Nieuwendyk

4. Guy Carbonneau

You stole the words out of my mouth, especially about Lindros.

I think John LeClair and Theo Fleury should eventually be in, but not this year. And it's still a disgrace that Pat Burns isn't in yet.

And it's still a disgrace that Pat Burns isn't in yet.

Will be corrected this time around.

The candidates will be announced tomorrow,Tuesday,June 27....(TSN2, TSN.ca) at 3pm et/Noon pt

Go Carbo...Gilmour.......and of course,P.Burns.

June 28th ;)

oops....yep,right...tks .:D

No mention of Pat Burns

Ed Belfour was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame on his first try on Tuesday, and will enter the shrine along with fellow one-time Toronto Maple Leafs Doug Gilmour and Joe Nieuwendyk. Defenceman Mark Howe was also elected to the Class of 2011, which will be inducted on Nov. 14 in Toronto.

The 18-member Hockey Hall of Fame committee chose the foursome from amongst a deep field of candidates. Among those who will have to wait at least another year are Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros, Theo Fleury, John LeClair, and Phil Housley.

Belfour is third all-time in goalie wins with 484, and twice won the Vezina Trophy. He also captured the Calder Trophy with Chicago and claimed the Stanley Cup with the Dallas Stars in 1999. Five of the six goalies directly behind him on the wins list are already in the Hall of Fame.

Gilmour, with 1,414 points over 20 seasons, was a Selke Trophy winner who was known for his gutsy playoff performances. He is part of an exclusive group of players who averaged more points per game during the playoffs (1.15) than the regular season (.96), and is seventh all-time in playoff scoring. A natural leader, Gilmour captained both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks.

Nieuwendyk, with 564 career goals, goes into the Hall of Fame on his second attempt. He is one of just nine players to have won a Stanley Cup with three different teams, and is the owner of 93 career game-winning goals. Nieuwendyk played for Calgary, Dallas, New Jersey, Toronto, and Florida, and also won Olympic gold for Canada in 2002.

Howe was a three-time runner-up for the Norris Trophy and twice appeared in the Stanley Cup Final with the Philadelphia Flyers. One of Gordie Howe's hockey-playing sons, Mark Howe netted 1,246 points over 22 seasons split between the World Hockey Association and the NHL. Howe was a six-time NHL all-star.

Absolutely disgraceful that the NHL once again let out Pat Burns, one of the most and well-liked successful coaches of the past 30 years. Yet somehow, 3 former Leafs managed to creep into the HOF. And while Burns also coached the Leafs, I still think it's a travesty. I can agree with Nieuwendyk getting in, and I think Gilmour deserved to be in eventually and to a lesser extent Howe. But I don't understand how Belfour got in on his first ballot while guys like Pavel Bure (arguably the most dangerous Russian scorer ever to play in the NHL)and Guy Carbonneau (who defined defensive play for forwards for a decade) have to wait around. Yes, Belfour had a solid career, but I don't think he's a first-ballot guy and he's certainly not ahead of many of those others names that didn't make it.

No mention of Pat Burns

Seriously speechless.:angry:

Just curious though,where no one has been put in for builder....could he still be named?

I am pleased though for Gilmour.

too many flipping former leafs.

Gilmour_TOP.JPG

Seriously speechless.:angry:

Just curious though,where no one has been put in for builder....could he still be named?

I am pleased though for Gilmour.

I'm hoping they will put Pat in. he is the only one in the builders catagory.

As for Gilmour? Big whoop, he's got one Cup and one Selke and 1400 points.

Mark Howe? No big deal either, the best he could do was 1st team All Star for 3 years, and over 700 points,,,in the NHL

I don't have any problems with Joe and Eddie.

Big whoop,

Settle down.

:lol:

Archived