The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs Broadcasts 2011-12

WinnipegJet

The puck drop to the new hockey season is only a day away! The HNIC doubleheader for tomorrow and on Saturday are all televised nationally because there are no other canadian teams playing. The surprise is that the CBC has already released the four way split telecast distribution of games on October 15.

Colorado @ Montreal......Quebec only

Winnipeg @ Phoenix......Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Northwestern Ontario

Calgary @ Toronto......Alberta, Atlantic Canada, and Ontario excluding the Ottawa Valley and Northwestern Ontario

Ottawa @ Washington......Ottawa and Ottawa Valley only

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/10/15/cbc_television/

• 4 weeks later...

Game distribution for October 29

Boston @ Montreal......Quebec only :angry::angry:

Winnipeg @ Tampa Bay......Manitoba only

Pittsburgh @ Toronto......everywhere else :angry: :angry:

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/10/29/cbc_television/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simply brutal decision making by the CBC. The Habs game was originally supposed to be the national game. Only Alberta and most of Ontario were going to see the Leafs game. Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario were supposed to see the Jets. The change happened Tuesday afternoon.

The CBC surprisingly showed games in the right areas this past Saturday. The Jets for Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northwestern Ontario. The Senators for the Ottawa area and the Leafs-Habs was the national game.

Game distribution for November 5

Montreal @ New York Rangers......Quebec only :angry: :angry:

Winnipeg @ New Jersey......Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario

Buffalo @ Ottawa......Ottawa area only

Boston @ Toronto......everywhere else :angry: :angry:

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/11/05/cbc_television/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another terrible decision by the CBC, it really is pathetic. The Bruins get shown nationally this week because they play the Leafs? The Bruins-Habs rivalry is what brings high ratings. The Habs-Rangers is the better original six rivalry than the Bruins-Leafs and the better game.

Game distribution for October 29

Boston @ Montreal......Quebec only :angry::angry:

Winnipeg @ Tampa Bay......Manitoba only

Pittsburgh @ Toronto......everywhere else :angry: :angry:

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/10/29/cbc_television/

Simply brutal decision making by the CBC. The Habs game was originally supposed to be the national game. Only Alberta and most of Ontario were going to see the Leafs game. Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario were supposed to see the Jets. The change happened Tuesday afternoon.

The CBC surprisingly showed games in the right areas this past Saturday. The Jets for Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northwestern Ontario. The Senators for the Ottawa area and the Leafs-Habs was the national game.

I feel your pain. I used to fume like that; and then I had a Eureka moment.

$5/month (= $0.50/game?) to RDS add to my satellite dish service, and I get:

1. Every single Hab game
  2. Nos Canadiens and other features on the Habs and the players
  3. Canadiens Express re-broadcasts of every single game, shortly after they are over, which I have the PVR set to record and so I get to keep every Hab game (Canadiens Express is 60 minutes, and pretty much the whole game is shown, without between face-off nothingness, and skippin most of the banter). It's great. I was getting withdrawal symptoms this week (what, with 5 days between games!!) that last night I pulled up the 5-1 win over Philly (hadn't watched it) and the 4-1 win over Boston, from last week. Watched them both in about 1.5 hours with some advancing. It was great. Sometimes (like tonight) I can't watch the game live (out and about, shortly). I'll watch it in 1 hour at 11:30pm instead, when I return, and then hit the sack.
  4. RDS commentators and play-by-play which are far better than both HNIC and TSN (and almost as good as Versus which, shame to say as they are not even a Canadian production, is the best hockey broadcasting in North America.)
  5. No Cherry, no McLean, no Cole, no Duffy, no McKenzie, no dumb CBC commercials .... it's just heaven!!

As far as I'm concerned, CBC/HNIC can go fly a kite, or carry just Leaf games, or broadcast cricket instead. It doesn't affect me (anymore).

Do it. You won't regret it.

"Et le but!!!!"

I feel your pain. I used to fume like that; and then I had a Eureka moment.

$5/month (= $0.50/game?) to RDS add to my satellite dish service, and I get:

1. Every single Hab game
  2. Nos Canadiens and other features on the Habs and the players
  3. Canadiens Express re-broadcasts of every single game, shortly after they are over, which I have the PVR set to record and so I get to keep every Hab game (Canadiens Express is 60 minutes, and pretty much the whole game is shown, without between face-off nothingness, and skippin most of the banter). It's great. I was getting withdrawal symptoms this week (what, with 5 days between games!!) that last night I pulled up the 5-1 win over Philly (hadn't watched it) and the 4-1 win over Boston, from last week. Watched them both in about 1.5 hours with some advancing. It was great. Sometimes (like tonight) I can't watch the game live (out and about, shortly). I'll watch it in 1 hour at 11:30pm instead, when I return, and then hit the sack.
  4. RDS commentators and play-by-play which are far better than both HNIC and TSN (and almost as good as Versus which, shame to say as they are not even a Canadian production, is the best hockey broadcasting in North America.)
  5. No Cherry, no McLean, no Cole, no Duffy, no McKenzie, no dumb CBC commercials .... it's just heaven!!

As far as I'm concerned, CBC/HNIC can go fly a kite, or carry just Leaf games, or broadcast cricket instead. It doesn't affect me (anymore).

Do it. You won't regret it.

"Et le but!!!!"

You are correct about RDS. I do have it with Shaw Cable and I enjoy it. I just hate the fact that the CBC is ignoring Habs fans outside of Quebec. They really do not listen to their viewers. Many restaurants in Victoria and Vancouver that have Bell and Shaw Direct switch to CBC Montreal as most fans prefer the Canadiens than the stinkin' Leafs.

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never.

Game distribution for November 12

Montreal @ Nashville......Quebec only :angry: :angry:

Winnipeg @ Columbus......Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario

Ottawa @ Toronto......everywhere else :angry: :angry:

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/11/12/cbc_television/

Western Canada follows western conference teams so once again the CBC is showing the wrong game nationally!

• 2 weeks later...

]

Game distribution for November 26

Pittsburgh @ Montreal......Ontario to Newfoundland :angry: :angry:

Winnipeg @ Boston......Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario

Edmonton @ Colorado......Alberta and British Columbia

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/daily/2011/11/26/cbc_television/

Bob Cole is calling the Habs game with Garry Galley and Glenn Healey. Cassie Campbell will be the interviewer host.

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/nhl-canadian-tv-guide-november-21-27/

The CBC gets it wrong again with the Crosby comeback. Unbelieveable. Furthermore the Oilers-Avalanche game should be at 1900h Pacific, 2200h Eastern as part of a split telecast with the Canucks-Sharks game. Having last week's Rangers at Habs game for Quebec only was terrible with the Leafs seen everywhere else.

So what is it like watching the Habs at this time of day? Out west, we viewers get these games at 1600h, 1700h Pacific and Mountain regularly. For most of you, today's game began at 1530h, 1630h Eastern and Atlantic. I would not mind if the CBC did these tripleheaders regularly starting at this time or thirty minutes later to make for a continuous HNIC tripleheader.

The other question is would eastern and atlantic viewers have preferred this game at 2200h eastern as part of split telecast with the battle of Alberta or at 1900h with the Jets, Leafs, and Senators games?

So what is it like watching the Habs at this time of day? Out west, we viewers get these games at 1600h, 1700h Pacific and Mountain regularly. For most of you, today's game began at 1530h, 1630h Eastern and Atlantic. I would not mind if the CBC did these tripleheaders regularly starting at this time or thirty minutes later to make for a continuous HNIC tripleheader.

The other question is would eastern and atlantic viewers have preferred this game at 2200h eastern as part of split telecast with the battle of Alberta or at 1900h with the Jets, Leafs, and Senators games?

I dont understadn what you said cause I use a 12 hour clock :blink:

• 5 weeks later...

Today my family ordered Eastlink Cable. I didn't really want to get rid of Shaw Direct because Shaw has that TSN Habs channel. My Aunt ordered Eastlink today and she said that the lady at eastlink told her that we would be getting all Habs games via CBC Montreal. I found this very difficult to believe because I know that CBC Montreal only shows games on Saturday. I called eastlink myself today to confirm this. The guy told me that CBC Montreal will now piggyback off of other channels sI o they can show ALL the Habs games. I researched both Eastlink, CBC and other websites trying to confirm this and I can not find anything. Has anyone else heard of this?

Today my family ordered Eastlink Cable. I didn't really want to get rid of Shaw Direct because Shaw has that TSN Habs channel. My Aunt ordered Eastlink today and she said that the lady at eastlink told her that we would be getting all Habs games via CBC Montreal. I found this very difficult to believe because I know that CBC Montreal only shows games on Saturday. I called eastlink myself today to confirm this. The guy told me that CBC Montreal will now piggyback off of other channels sI o they can show ALL the Habs games. I researched both Eastlink, CBC and other websites trying to confirm this and I can not find anything. Has anyone else heard of this?

I would highly doubt this is true. Networks have to buy the rights to the games and cannot just take feeds from other networks. CBC Montreal may show all the Montreal games when hockey is on CBC (i.e. Saturdays) but otherwise, the only channel showing all Habs games is RDS, which has exclusive rights to the french broadcasts. The english ones are divided amongst a number of networks, of which CBC is one.

• 4 weeks later...

I was unfortunate enough to have watched the game on TSN and I must say that I was disgusted. They talked the entire game about how much of a poor performance from the wings it was and how much they missed lidstrom.

Would it kill them, FOR ONCE, to give the habs credit for a solid team effort and praise a team other than the laffs? They also failed to mention the fact that WE ARE ALSO missing our best D man in Markov.

• 2 months later...

Archived