The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Negative Thread 2011-12

WinnipegJet

A nice winning streak, sure, but all these little three game streaks now and again aren't doing anything but ensuring the Habs draft 7+ instead of top 7.

It seems like finally there are 4 teams that will advance from the Atlantic Division, and the 5th team is right in the mix...Unreal...Imagine all teams advancing...Has it ever happened before? What does this mean for the competition in the rest two Eastern Conference Divisions?

Bob Mackenzie just reported on NHL network that the Canadiens Will NOT trade Travis Moen because they intend to re-sign him.

This IMO is a negative on several levels because the one time PG shows his cards is the only time he's ever been holding a royal flush. I don't mind re-signing Moen but I REALLY mind taking him off the market and not seeing what assets we could get in return.

If nobody offers you higher than a 3rd rounder, I completely understand holding onto him and giving him a one year deal. Otherwise, this makes zero sense because his value will NEVER be higher. If someone loses their mind and offers a prospect plus 2nd round pick there's no question you pull the trigger.

Just another curious inconsistent move in a growingly embarrassing gong show that is the Habs brass.

Bob Mackenzie just reported on NHL network that the Canadiens Will NOT trade Travis Moen because they intend to re-sign him.

This IMO is a negative on several levels because the one time PG shows his cards is the only time he's ever been holding a royal flush. I don't mind re-signing Moen but I REALLY mind taking him off the market and not seeing what assets we could get in return.

If nobody offers you higher than a 3rd rounder, I completely understand holding onto him and giving him a one year deal. Otherwise, this makes zero sense because his value will NEVER be higher. If someone loses their mind and offers a prospect plus 2nd round pick there's no question you pull the trigger.

Just another curious inconsistent move in a growingly embarrassing gong show that is the Habs brass.

Oh. Man. <_< Really? That is depressing to hear. Hopefully Mackenzie has it wrong.

Oh. Man. <_< Really? That is depressing to hear. Hopefully Mackenzie has it wrong.

I hope so too but he's about the only credible guy in my eyes because he followed about that statement by saying the habs have said to teams they ARE willing to deal Kostitsyn. So, I don't think he pulled this out of thin air.

I hope so too but he's about the only credible guy in my eyes because he followed about that statement by saying the habs have said to teams they ARE willing to deal Kostitsyn. So, I don't think he pulled this out of thin air.

Well, hopefully we can get something for Kostitsyn. It's just such an annoyance to hear that we CAN'T trade Moen. Why!? :blink: Because he's so important to this struggling and inconsistent team? :rolleyes: Keeping Travis Moen is not going to help the team next year any more than giving the spot to someone else will.

But do you trade an injured guy? by the looks of it, Travis wont be back before the deadline

Well, hopefully we can get something for Kostitsyn. It's just such an annoyance to hear that we CAN'T trade Moen. Why!? :blink: Because he's so important to this struggling and inconsistent team? :rolleyes: Keeping Travis Moen is not going to help the team next year any more than giving the spot to someone else will.

There is another possibility. Not to get too positive here but PG could be saying Moen isn't for sale in order to get teams to raise the stakes on what they are willing to offer for his services.

Trade him or sign him but do it before the dead line. If it's a one year contract and it probably will be, than we can trade him next year. Personally I would like to get some more assets this year and there's no saying we couldn't trade him and then resign him in the summer, if he really wants to be hear so badly.

There is another possibility. Not to get too positive here but PG could be saying Moen isn't for sale in order to get teams to raise the stakes on what they are willing to offer for his services.

Smart thinking. If PG screws up, your in. :D However maybe the teams won't even bother then. I hope your right & we get an offer we can't refuse.

Archived