The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Negative Thread 2011-12

WinnipegJet

Guest Regis2

[*]How poor Scott Gomez's production has been this season. I didn't think it could get any worse.

I remember people saying that ......and it did get worse :P

Grabovski's goal Saturday night made No. 3 on ESPN's Top Ten Weekend plays. Another insult to injury.

He can be at the top-3 goal chart but 20 goals a season for 5,5M, is a joke. Jordan Staal earns 4M a year. Leafs will always suck. Oups, the Leafs sucking thing, should be in the positive thread. :lol:

Edmonton just had too much tanking experience.

It's easy to credit the other team, but at some point, we have to learn how to lose games even when facing elite tankers. Anyone can lose to the Canucks or the Rangers -- it takes something special to lose to a team below you in the standings, when you're 28th in the league.

My only concern is that if we stay where we are, 28th, or drop to 29th (a possibility, Columbus is out of the question), can we trust PG to get the player that we feel we need? Personally,,,I think he will flub it and pick someone who is not in the top 5 prospects, or heaven forbid,,,,,trade that pick for a player and a lower 1st round pick. I am sure he will receive all kinds of offers for that pick, and all of this tanking will be for naught.

JMHO

It's easy to credit the other team, but at some point, we have to learn how to lose games even when facing elite tankers. Anyone can lose to the Canucks or the Rangers -- it takes something special to lose to a team below you in the standings, when you're 28th in the league.

Thankfully we can practice against the Islanders on March 17th. They're not below us, but they're not far ahead. B)

My only concern is that if we stay where we are, 28th, or drop to 29th (a possibility, Columbus is out of the question), can we trust PG to get the player that we feel we need? Personally,,,I think he will flub it and pick someone who is not in the top 5 prospects, or heaven forbid,,,,,trade that pick for a player and a lower 1st round pick. I am sure he will receive all kinds of offers for that pick, and all of this tanking will be for naught.

JMHO

Hopefully Pierre isn't the general manager when the draft rolls around.

JMHO

Isn't Timmins in charge of the draft? And he actually has done a good job in the draft.

Hopefully Pierre isn't the general manager when the draft rolls around.

;)

Isn't Timmins in charge of the draft? And he actually has done a good job in the draft.

Timmins only recomends particular players according to his and others scouting reports (caveat,,,things may change during or before the draft), it is PG who has the final say.

I think he's an adequate backup for Price. I would have no problem bringing him back next year on the same contract, but then again I thought the same thing about Auld.

He should play more games though.

Didn't we sign him to a two year deal? Maybe i imagined it. :lol:

Archived