The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

San Jose Sharks 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

• 2 weeks later...

There is no emoticon thingy that depicts shock that can accurately depict my shock at the stupidity of their trade. I mean, I get dumping salary for a signing, but Havlat? Yeesh... :blink::mellow::o

And they broke up the Big 3 that dominate in the season and choke in the playoffs. What is happening to tradition... :(

There is no emoticon thingy that depicts shock that can accurately depict my shock at the stupidity of their trade. I mean, I get dumping salary for a signing, but Havlat? Yeesh... :blink::mellow::o

And they broke up the Big 3 that dominate in the season and choke in the playoffs. What is happening to tradition... :(

I prefer havlat to heatley.

• 4 weeks later...

The San Jose Sharks have signed defenceman Colin White to a one-year contract reportedly worth $1 million.

White became an unrestricted free agent on Tuesday after his contract was bought out by the New Jersey Devils.

"Colin is a tough, veteran defenseman who has a Stanley Cup on his resume," Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said in a statement. "He plays a physical style of hockey and is an excellent penalty killer who is known for his strong leadership qualities. You can never have enough quality defencemen."

White had six assists in 69 games last season, and has appeared in 743 games over 11 seasons, all with the Devils.

It the second move on the blue line for San Jose this week after the team signed Brent Burns to a five-year contract extension on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Goaltender Antero Niittymaki was placed on waivers by the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday.

In 24 appearances this season, Niittymaki has a record of 12-7-3 with a goals-against-average of 2.72 and a save percentage of .896.

Niittymaki, who was signed by the Sharks as an unrestricted free agent prior to the 2010 season, is currently on a conditioning stint with the Sharks' AHL affiliate in Worcester.

• 1 month later...

Archived