The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington Capitals 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

• 2 weeks later...

What a huge lucky break for the Caps...

CAPITALS THOUGHT THEY WERE DONE MAKING MOVES BEFORE VOKOUN

He was snapped up by McPhee for a bargain -- a one-year deal worth US$1.5 million signed late Saturday.

"I don't think we anticipated being this fortunate," McPhee said Sunday. "This is a heck of a move for the organization. We thought we were done a couple of days ago. ... We've been telling other GMs and the media that we were done making offers because we thought we were."

What a huge lucky break for the Caps...

CAPITALS THOUGHT THEY WERE DONE MAKING MOVES BEFORE VOKOUN

He was snapped up by McPhee for a bargain -- a one-year deal worth US$1.5 million signed late Saturday.

"I don't think we anticipated being this fortunate," McPhee said Sunday. "This is a heck of a move for the organization. We thought we were done a couple of days ago. ... We've been telling other GMs and the media that we were done making offers because we thought we were."

They will be tougher to score upon now. Neuvirth, who is also good, will still see plenty of action, as Voukun is not the type who can consistently play 70 games.

Wow, Vokoun for 1.5? That's a steal.

Guess Vokoun realized that the market for goalies is weak and took his chances with a contender on a one year deal.

What steal for GMGM... replaces Varlamov (who was headed for the KHL) for Vokoun, a 1st and 2nd round pick in the 2012 NHL draft.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Poti tradable or are they just going to bury him??

Depends, you need to find a team looking for a defender. I can't name any off the top of my head, Edmonton obviously needs D but they have an aging core as is.....I can see him fitting in Philly as an attempted replacement for Pronger or something. But my best guess is they bury him.

Depends, you need to find a team looking for a defender. I can't name any off the top of my head, Edmonton obviously needs D but they have an aging core as is.....I can see him fitting in Philly as an attempted replacement for Pronger or something. But my best guess is they bury him.

He makes just under 3 mill this season. Tough to unload that.

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seen this coming also.....along with the other coach fired today.<_<

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Washington Capitals

caps.gif

2010-2011 Playoffs: Eliminated in 4 games - 2nd round Stanley Cups:None

They keep it up...may not have to worry about being eliminated from any playoff round.<_<

In 10th spot in the east as we speak.

Archived