Detroit Red Wings 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

Detroit Red Wings

red_wings.gif

Conference: West Division:Central

Arena: Joe Louis Arena

Captain: Nikclas Lidstrom Headcoach: Mike Babcock

2010-2011 Season Results: 47-25-10-104 Rank:3rd in the West

2010-2011 Playoffs: Eliminated in 7 games - 2nd round Stanley Cups:1936 1937 1943 1950 1952 1954 1955 1997 1998 2002 2008

• 3 weeks later...

Osgood retires.

RED WINGS' OSGOOD RETIRES FROM THE NHL AFTER 17 SEASONS

Happy retirement Chris.

I actually like him as a backup tender. He did well when he was backing up Fleury and he also did well in St Louis. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was hoping we'd get him to backup Carey.

He should do well in Detroit, he's been there before, he knows the organization. But the mighty wings we've known since the 90's is slowly changing. Their stars are getting older, some retiring and they're kinda in rebuild mode. Should be interesting to see if they can continue to play at the level we've seen from them over the past decade.

I actually like him as a backup tender. He did well when he was backing up Fleury and he also did well in St Louis. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was hoping we'd get him to backup Carey.

He should do well in Detroit, he's been there before, he knows the organization. But the mighty wings we've known since the 90's is slowly changing. Their stars are getting older, some retiring and they're kinda in rebuild mode. Should be interesting to see if they can continue to play at the level we've seen from them over the past decade.

He is a good back up, had a forgettable year though.

Good luck in Detroit

He is a good back up, had a forgettable year though.

Good luck in Detroit

He did ok as a starter, but in his defense he was playing for the Oil at the time and they weren't a good team. That was the year the Oil brought in Roli and went to the cup finals. They won just about every game after acquiring Roli and squeaked into the playoffs.

He did great backing up Fleury. I believe Fleury and Sid were injured at the time, Malkin kept the offense going and Ty was doing his job between the pipes.

Osgood leaves with 401 wins.

Thanx to Lidstrom.

He did ok as a starter, but in his defense he was playing for the Oil at the time and they weren't a good team. That was the year the Oil brought in Roli and went to the cup finals. They won just about every game after acquiring Roli and squeaked into the playoffs.

He did great backing up Fleury. I believe Fleury and Sid were injured at the time, Malkin kept the offense going and Ty was doing his job between the pipes.

Thanx to Lidstrom.

I meant a forgettable year in St. Louis, but they had a revolving door of players coming in and out

Kris Drapers retires after 20 seasons and will remain in the front office. He led the Red Wings to four Stanley Cups and played 1137 games with the team and his 222 playoff games trails only Niklas Lidstrom. He also takes pride in being acquired from Winnipeg in 1993 for the waiver price of $1.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

red_wings.gif

Suck!

I doubt they fire babcock

:lol: I believe it was...*see JM* <_<

In regards to the last weeks whoopa :lol:

fire the coach!

lol

Archived