The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Florida Panthers 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

Florida has been a busy team over the past few days. Just today they inked Jovanovski, Fleischmann, and Theodore.

Are they trying to make the playoffs?

Not with Jose Theodore/Scott Clemmensen and Dale Tallon's band of overpaid has-beens. :lol:

Maybe they'll tank a bit to try to get in the Yakupov lottery, so they can have a stable full of talented young prospects to trade in 6 or so years? B)

I don't know why you'd let Vokoun walk and sign Theodore to replace him... Vokoun has been one of the top 5 goalies in the league for a long time, he's vastly underrated.

Agreed, I don't see clemmenson playing a part next year. I think Markstrom, the stud prospect, gets the call to the big time.

Panthers I think finish 8th-9th next year.

In what dimension? :lol: If you think the panthers make the playoffs, do you think we will?

Yes I do. Montreal, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburg, Tampa, Capitals, Flyers, Panthers.

But in reality, ever spot in the east is up for grabs in my opinion.

Yes I do. Montreal, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburg, Tampa, Capitals, Flyers, Panthers.

Ehh... I don't see it happening like that. I think it's more likely New York (or us. :unsure: ) split the fight for the 7th/8th. Philly is a question mark if you ask me. I think it's quite possible that the Devils take their place, or maybe Buffalo's. Buffalo signed some big players, but they're still like us in a lot of ways, they live and die on the fate of Ryan Miller just like we do with Carey. You're letting your love for sunbelt teams get to your head, the Florida team is not good at all. :P

But in reality, ever spot in the east is up for grabs in my opinion.

I think you're right. But I'm fairly sure there's a few teams that are basically completely out of the contention at the moment. I don't see the Islanders putting the pieces quite back together yet. Ottawa's a lost cause until their prospects start making the big team. Toronto is still coached by Ron Wilson, and they seem to be relying on the Swedish headcase and an unproven kid in net. Florida is starting Jose Theodore, has an overrated (and remarkably overpaid) defense, and four lines of third liners making second liner money. Winnipeg is still the Thrashers, and that team cannot hold it together. Unless their front office was the distraction that ruined the second half of their season, I sincerely doubt that works out. Carolina is rebuilding with an internal budget that prevents them from contending even with Skinner.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with something like this:

Washington (Vokoun allows a more offensive, defensively irresponsible game. They dominate the SE.)

Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin healthy again)

Buffalo

Boston (contending for division title until April, unless Timmy gets tooled or the Sabres go flat.)

Tampa

Montreal (if our lines click and Tampa losing Gagne hurts, it could flip. Or we sink lower.)

New Jersey

Rangers

--------

Philadelphia (really close. maybe one of those last game of the season deals.)

Islanders

Winnipeg

Toronto

Carolina (March/April log jam)

Florida

Ottawa

But this is a discussion for a different thread. :D

Ehh... I don't see it happening like that. I think it's more likely New York (or us. :unsure: ) split the fight for the 7th/8th. Philly is a question mark if you ask me. I think it's quite possible that the Devils take their place, or maybe Buffalo's. Buffalo signed some big players, but they're still like us in a lot of ways, they live and die on the fate of Ryan Miller just like we do with Carey. You're letting your love for sunbelt teams get to your head, the Florida team is not good at all. :P

I think you're right. But I'm fairly sure there's a few teams that are basically completely out of the contention at the moment. I don't see the Islanders putting the pieces quite back together yet. Ottawa's a lost cause until their prospects start making the big team. Toronto is still coached by Ron Wilson, and they seem to be relying on the Swedish headcase and an unproven kid in net. Florida is starting Jose Theodore, has an overrated (and remarkably overpaid) defense, and four lines of third liners making second liner money. Winnipeg is still the Thrashers, and that team cannot hold it together. Unless their front office was the distraction that ruined the second half of their season, I sincerely doubt that works out. Carolina is rebuilding with an internal budget that prevents them from contending even with Skinner.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with something like this:

Washington (Vokoun allows a more offensive, defensively irresponsible game. They dominate the SE.)

Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin healthy again)

Buffalo

Boston (contending for division title until April, unless Timmy gets tooled or the Sabres go flat.)

Tampa

Montreal (if our lines click and Tampa losing Gagne hurts, it could flip. Or we sink lower.)

New Jersey

Rangers

--------

Philadelphia (really close. maybe one of those last game of the season deals.)

Islanders

Winnipeg

Toronto

Carolina (March/April log jam)

Florida

Ottawa

But this is a discussion for a different thread. :D

same here, but i see florida being closer to the cut off than winnipeg.

Really its anybody's guess its that close in my opinion.

Hell Islanders, Panthers, and Carolina, could all make it in.

I dont think any spot is guaranteed, even the caps could miss.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

2-2-1

with a .944 save percentage. He is good enough for back up duty.

Yes, but it's probably more beneficial for him to rack up starts and experience. Unless they wanted to use him in a considerable chunk of the games, he is probably better served eating up the bulk of the starts in the minors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the National Hockey League trade deadline just over a month away, the Florida Panthers and San Jose Sharks have made a deal.

The Panthers acquired defenceman Sean Sullivan from the Sharks in exchange for centre Tim Kennedy.

Sullivan has played in 32 games with the Worcester Sharks (AHL) this season scoring five goals with 19 assists.

Kennedy has split the season between Florida and San Antonio (AHL). He posted two points (in 27 NHL games with Florida this season and added three goals and six assists in 18 AHL games with San Antonio.

yah...not a block buster .....but what the heck.;)

Archived