The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cops to Question Chara in Pacioretty Hit

DCH

:lol: okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

:lol: okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Exactly what I said. Why can't they just drop it? It's a little embarrassing

I hated the whole incident more than the next guy but barring a Bertuzzi-esque attack causing a career ending injury, the police have no place on the ice.

Pointless? Sure. But anything that inconveniences Chara, the Bruins, or the league is fine by me. You won't see me feeling sorry for any of those jerks anytime soon.

Was not a knock against Pac of course....but as you say,IMO also....pointless,won't go nowhere's....but WE ALSO do not need the INCONVENIENCE/distraction starting off the new upcoming season....where we all know it will amount to squat....just my thought.

You won't see me feeling sorry for any of those jerks anytime soon.

Oh I totally know where your coming from friend.

If the police do anything about it in the end, I would be suprised,but if the NHL can't police themselves somebody has to do it,if that was done on the streets it would be aggravated a assault with grievious bodily harm, that is not sport,there is far too much of this kind of thing in hockey,there is nothing wrong with a good clean hit but this kind of thing has to be stopped,how many great players for the future did the sport lose because of these hits,a lot of parents said their children will never play hockey now.It was bad for hockey.

GO HABS GO :( :(

If the police do anything about it in the end, I would be suprised,but if the NHL can't police themselves somebody has to do it,if that was done on the streets it would be aggravated a assault with grievious bodily harm, that is not sport,there is far too much of this kind of thing in hockey,there is nothing wrong with a good clean hit but this kind of thing has to be stopped,how many great players for the future did the sport lose because of these hits,a lot of parents said their children will never play hockey now.It was bad for hockey.

GO HABS GO :( :(

i think this is the point. the MTL police are making the NHL look like clowns for doing nothing, why? because boston was the chosen team thisa year thsats why they had the outdoor game jan 1 the previous year same as chi and pitt the years previous, also colin campbells boy played for boston, i dont think chara will be arrested but it was horrible for the NHL to just say we talked to chara he said he was sorry and has never broke anyones nexk before so no punishment

I thought they were over the whole thing...

Wish they were.

It'll end up squashed anyways.<_<

Good.

Not that anything will happen, it will only further add to fire that Montreal fans are "whiners". However, seeing as the NHL is biased to the bruins, I'm glad someones getting both sides to the story.

I saw a heck of a lot of Bruin fans whining (and worse!!!) after the Horton hit - and that was borderline legal - and DEFINITELY not as egregious as the Patches hit!

It was a gross injustice and any attention brought to it is good attention - maybe it will all add up to bring down the real clown - Bettman!

No they won't, they'll complain that he only got a fine...

Bottom line: It's not fair to Patches if he doesn't want to pursue then it should be dropped. Patches was the victim and if he's able to look past it then so should we.

Leave ol' knock-kneed pigeon toed Chara alone it's not fair we should hold him accountable considering he's just not done growing into his body, he doesn't yet realize what his own strength.

• 1 month later...

MONTREAL -- A police investigation into Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara has been completed and the file has been transferred, as per standard procedure, to criminal prosecutors.

Now that the investigation's over Crown lawyers must decide whether to lay charges over Chara's devastating hit against Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty.

Montreal police had held off interviewing Chara during the spring, while his Bruins were on their Stanley Cup-winning run; investigators finally questioned him last month.

Authorities in Quebec got involved in the file last March, amid a public outcry after the NHL said it would not suspend Chara for smashing his opponent into a stanchion.

Pacioretty has recovered from a cracked vertebra and concussion, and is expected to return to action next season.

Before the hit, the Habs forward had been involved in a series of skirmishes with Chara in an increasingly bitter rivalry.

Pacioretty later said he was disgusted by the league's failure to suspend him, but also added that he disagreed with decision for law-enforcement to get involved.

I as a habs fan think this is ridiculous. But had Campbell and the leagued dealt with it, it would've never gotten to this point.

When one of your biggest investors threaten to pull out, then there's a problem.

I don't think the cops should've been involved, the league did bring it upon themselves. Given the history between the 2 players, the fact Chara said to reporters he would get his revenge and the idiotic responses he made after the hit (like saying that he wasn't aware of who was on the ice... C'mon, a vet dman's job is to know what threats are on the ice).

I think it's pretty clear he was trying to cover his tracks.

Regardless, I don't think much will come of it.

I as a habs fan think this is ridiculous. But had Campbell and the leagued dealt with it, it would've never gotten to this point.

Agree with both points.

The police shouldnt have ever been involved, its ridiculous & makes the Habs and Habs fans look like whiners (even though neither group is responsible). However, ALL of this would have been avoided with a 1 or 2 game suspension. Instead, the league washed it over and upset feelings turned into outrage & look how its snowballed from there...

Agree with both points.

The police shouldnt have ever been involved, its ridiculous & makes the Habs and Habs fans look like whiners (even though neither group is responsible). However, ALL of this would have been avoided with a 1 or 2 game suspension. Instead, the league washed it over and upset feelings turned into outrage & look how its snowballed from there...

Exactly, 1 or 2 games would've satisfied everyone. I don't even think the b fans could've really complained. Considering what pronger got a few years ago in the post season, what McSorely got for his stick swinging incident and what bertuzzi got for jumping the young Avs player.

Archived