The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Erik Cole

ColRouleBleu

Hey thanks for visiting, I am very excited to see him playing in a Habs jersey. It will be nice to see him score for us instead of so many times against us.

Hopefully not against Carolina. I'd hate for him to do to us what he did against Canadiens for the Canes. :)

Has he been willing to play defense when the ocassion calls for it?

He did do some penalty killing last year in Carolina (over a minute per game) and he faced very, very tough match ups all year playing with Staal. I can't really say a lot about his defensive game because I haven't paid a ton of attention to the Canes but I don't think he's bad, at all.

Great signing! While it is a little on the pricey side, at least given his injury history, I'd rather overpay a little bit to get exactly the player we need. A big, physical winger with some skill could complement either of our lines well. Hopefully if Patches returns to form, that will give us two solid power forwards.

Has he been willing to play defense when the ocassion calls for it?

He is a two way player and is generally in position at the half-boards to cover the point or assist his defender. Not a puck handler, but strong and responsible. I wouldn't expect that to be a problem.

If he gets possession - look out. A little chip past a pinching defender and bye-bye.

I like this signing. Alot. It fills the void for a top 6 BIG forward that we've been pining for, along with a proven scorer. Last year playing 82 games also dispels some of the health concerns since his broken neck.

I always hated Cole when he played for the Canes. Always seemed to be a huge Hab killer when we played him... Hope he can make other teams feel like that!

Archived