The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#81 Lars Eller 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

#81 Lars Eller

8474189.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

“This year was a good start for me and the playoffs were a nice way to finish that. I found a way to be at my best at the right time and that’s something I’ve always tried to do. You want to be at your best when everything is on the line and now I want to pick up where I left off. I’m confident I’ll have a good summer and I’ll come back even stronger next year.” - Lars Eller - canadiens.com April 30 2011

For most of the season I was a lil concerned he wasn't ready for the NHL. That all changed when JM let him centre his own line. He's obviously a natural centre, who struggles on the wing. I just hope AK plays on his wing again this season.

He's a year older, gathered experience last season and seems to have found a winger with which he clicks. If Andrei and Eller continue to build on what they found last season, we could have a pleasant surprise. Bit of a long shot, but there is a chance that they turn into another scoring line. Would be nice to have 3 scoring lines.

Realistically I'm not holding my breath. Wondering who will be finishing off that line. Also hoping that AK continues to build on the success he found last season. Wasn't a break out season, but was nice to see him find other ways to contribute, even when in a scoring slump.

????-Eller-AK

For most of the season I was a lil concerned he wasn't ready for the NHL. That all changed when JM let him centre his own line. He's obviously a natural centre, who struggles on the wing. I just hope AK plays on his wing again this season.

He's a year older, gathered experience last season and seems to have found a winger with which he clicks. If Andrei and Eller continue to build on what they found last season, we could have a pleasant surprise. Bit of a long shot, but there is a chance that they turn into another scoring line. Would be nice to have 3 scoring lines.

Realistically I'm not holding my breath. Wondering who will be finishing off that line. Also hoping that AK continues to build on the success he found last season. Wasn't a break out season, but was nice to see him find other ways to contribute, even when in a scoring slump.

????-Eller-AK

Moen = ????

I wouldn't mind seeing a third line of Kostitsyn-Eller-Darche.

I'm with you weep, like Darche better than Moen. He showed he could chip in offensively when he played with Gome and Gio.

If he plays like he did with Gomez, it could be fun to watch. Lars to AK and Darche in the crease picking up loose pucks. Plus they won't be facing the leagues top lines night in and night out.

For them to have any success, AK needs to play like he did last season. Making 2nd and 3rd efforts.

Interesting trio, but waiting to see who else PG picks up before settling on Darche.

They are a 3rd line playing 3rd line roles, but with the possibility of chipping in offensively from time to time.

I'm with you weep, like Darche better than Moen. He showed he could chip in offensively when he played with Gome and Gio.

If he plays like he did with Gomez, it could be fun to watch. Lars to AK and Darche in the crease picking up loose pucks. Plus they won't be facing the leagues top lines night in and night out.

For them to have any success, AK needs to play like he did last season. Making 2nd and 3rd efforts.

Interesting trio, but waiting to see who else PG picks up before settling on Darche.

They are a 3rd line playing 3rd line roles, but with the possibility of chipping in offensively from time to time.

Agreed on all counts. What gives me hope is that Andrei will face less pressure on the third line while benefiting from weaker matchups. The other thing is that Eller plays a strong north-south game that seems to inspire Andrei to do the same. To me, Kostitsyn is at his best imposing himself physically down low and using his upper-body strength to win puck battles at the net.

As you said, we'll have to wait and see how PG rounds out our bottom-six, but as it stands now, I'd be perfectly fine with a third-line trio of Kostitsyn, Eller, and Darche. That line would have a nice mixture of size, skill, and net presence.

I wouldn't mind seeing a third line of Kostitsyn-Eller-Darche.

I'm with you weep, like Darche better than Moen. He showed he could chip in offensively when he played with Gome and Gio. If he plays like he did with Gomez, it could be fun to watch. Lars to AK and Darche in the crease picking up loose pucks. Plus they won't be facing the leagues top lines night in and night out. For them to have any success, AK needs to play like he did last season. Making 2nd and 3rd efforts. Interesting trio, but waiting to see who else PG picks up before settling on Darche. They are a 3rd line playing 3rd line roles, but with the possibility of chipping in offensively from time to time.

Agreed on all counts. What gives me hope is that Andrei will face less pressure on the third line while benefiting from weaker matchups. The other thing is that Eller plays a strong north-south game that seems to inspire Andrei to do the same. To me, Kostitsyn is at his best imposing himself physically down low and using his upper-body strength to win puck battles at the net. As you said, we'll have to wait and see how PG rounds out our bottom-six, but as it stands now, I'd be perfectly fine with a third-line trio of Kostitsyn, Eller, and Darche. That line would have a nice mixture of size, skill, and net presence.

Darche and or Moen are both a good fit for different reasons (one better defensively and the other with some offensive upside)... however, with some of the cap still available I personally would like to see PG go out and get another player with size and greater ability than either. Darche and Moen can still provide decent depth if needed.

I am a little concerned about the injury to Lars and what that could mean in terms of his getting back to where he had developed and beyond.

interesting points in here so far. i also love the idea of AK eller making up a 3rd line, darche would work well there i think but i would also ideally like to see someone with a little more skill there. i do think we need to add one more player to the bottom 6, but even if its just a smasher and banger, we also have the option of throwing desharnais in there on the wing if we need offense. DD looked good on the wing with gomez and gio for the stint he did, and he would be insulated by 2 guys with size

im a very big fan of eller, he is a slick and smart player. i dont know how good his numbers will be but i know he is going to be a good nhl player for a long time, and will almost undoubtedly improve his numbers from last year

Lars we hope camp you can attend

That your shoulder is on the mend

Looking forward to next year

To see what kind of player will appear

You have so much promise to fulfill

Just as long as you have the will

But to me there is no doubt

so other teams just watch out

GO LARS GO :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Agreed on all counts. What gives me hope is that Andrei will face less pressure on the third line while benefiting from weaker matchups. The other thing is that Eller plays a strong north-south game that seems to inspire Andrei to do the same. To me, Kostitsyn is at his best imposing himself physically down low and using his upper-body strength to win puck battles at the net.

As you said, we'll have to wait and see how PG rounds out our bottom-six, but as it stands now, I'd be perfectly fine with a third-line trio of Kostitsyn, Eller, and Darche. That line would have a nice mixture of size, skill, and net presence.

I agree...AK plays best when he gets nailed early in the game and gets a little anger on. It makes him more aggressive and he uses that large frame of his more. Eller is my pick for the future. He has the build to be a power forward and the hands and skating ability to be a good scorer. He is very good at his defensive responsibilities and once he gets some weight and strength improvement, he'll be a great 2-way player....love his potential..

From my understanding Eller will miss the start of the regular season. I wonder who PG will get to play center until Eller is healthy? I hope that AK46 has a good start to the season and if this occurs it would likely mean that Eller will not center AK46. At least until JM puts the lines into the blender to create new lines. :rolleyes:

From my understanding Eller will miss the start of the regular season. I wonder who PG will get to play center until Eller is healthy? I hope that AK46 has a good start to the season and if this occurs it would likely mean that Eller will not center AK46. At least until JM puts the lines into the blender to create new lines. :rolleyes:

I would be okay with giving that job to Andreas Enqvist.

He means the open center position, we already have Pleks G-love, and DD who will move up to third line while Eller is hurt. We are essentially short a centre at the beginning of the season, meaning Engqvist is likely going to end up with the big club for about a month.

After the playoffs in the AHL last year Engqvist impressed JM but,now Trotter has resigned and is another option at center while waiting for Lars and never underestimate a healthy Louis Leblanc's desire and talent when he's healthy.

After the playoffs in the AHL last year Engqvist impressed JM but,now Trotter has resigned and is another option at center while waiting for Lars and never underestimate a healthy Louis Leblanc's desire and talent when he's healthy.

I wasn't aware that Brock Trotter played center when he was last with the Bulldogs. True that Leblanc could also be an option but it would seem to me he is behind Engqvist in terms of development (as yet to play against men in a higher league than the Montreal Juniors) and is a relative light-weight at less than 180 LBS. Leblanc also had injury problems last season if I am not wrong. Andreas has played in both the AHL and the Swedish elite League as well as the World Cup. He already did get called up last season, albeit for just 3 games.

Won't Eller be recovered before Leblanc will be back from injury?

No word on how either of them are progressing,that's what I hate , and it's worse in the summer,I want to know how they are getting on, if they are able to work out at all. If they are doing OK man that gets me mad when I don't know.

GO ELLER GO :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No word on how either of them are progressing,that's what I hate , and it's worse in the summer,I want to know how they are getting on, if they are able to work out at all. If they are doing OK man that gets me mad when I don't know.

GO ELLER GO :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah I would love to hear how their doing as well, I'm sure the lack of news means their doing just fine though.

Archived