The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#79 Andrei Markov 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

#79 Andrei Markov

8467496.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

“It must be interesting (to learn one’s UFA value), but I like this team, this town, and our crowd is the best in the league. Every time I step on the ice, I enjoy that moment. I want to continue that and I’m happy to stay. … I hope it’s not going to be my last contract.” - Andrei Markov - The Gazette June 25 2011

From the 2010-2011 thread:

"What you are looking for first and foremost is a player that leads by example on the ice and shows up every game." - Habs Eyes on the Prize, July 28 2009

"I like this city and I like this country, and it's important for me to be Canadian" - Andrei Markov - The Gazette, July 17 2010

Markov we are so glad to see you well

You can't wait to play,it's easy to tell

I hope you can play at the season start

We need your talent,your skill,your heart

I am so glad you decided to stay

But you know it was meant to be that way

You will be as good as you were before

As a team we can't ask for more

You will always be one of the best

a heart and head taller among the rest

GO MARKOV GO :lol: :lol:

Stay healthy, thanks! :D

Enough said.

QUOTE LIBRARY

"What you are looking for first and foremost is a player that leads by example on the ice and shows up every game." - Habs Eyes on the Prize, July 28 2009

This quote seems misplaced given this player has not shown up every game. The player best described by the above is no longer on the team.

This quote seems misplaced given this player has not shown up every game. The player best described by the above is no longer on the team.

The quote illustrates the player's ability deliver on the ice, assuming he's healthy. It's not meant as a reflection of Markov's iron man status. When Markov has been healthy, he has still lived up to the quote description.

The quote illustrates the player's ability deliver on the ice, assuming he's healthy. It's not meant as a reflection of Markov's iron man status. When Markov has been healthy, he has still lived up to the quote description.

I have to admit when I saw a quote about showing up every game attached to Markov I kind of chuckled.

something said in July 2009

:lol:

What makes ME chuckle is that something said in July 2009 copied from last year's thread as a matter of consistency between all the players thread is picked on as if it was today's news. B)

Well it's not even a quote from Markov as far as I can tell, anyway no one is picking on it as if it was today's news. It's just worth a chuckle to open the thread of a player whose played in something like 30% of the team's games the last 2 years and see that quote.

What makes me chuckle is even though it's a quote from July 2009 wasn't that right after Markov missed the end of the season and his first of three in a row missed playoff runs? :o

And I even to beg to differ that when he's been healthy that his playoff success does meet his regular season success. Trust me - I never dreamed the quote had anything to do with Iron Man status. Even Josh Gorges can't stake his claim to that one anymore.

We'll see how this year goes but geez Gauthier looks like he's banking on a healthy D and everything falling into place. I don't see any preparedness for injuries this year.

We'll see how this year goes but geez Gauthier looks like he's banking on a healthy D and everything falling into place. I don't see any preparedness for injuries this year.

It's still early and we still have money to spend. I don't think he's done and most in here agree i believe. ;)

What makes me chuckle is even though it's a quote from July 2009 wasn't that right after Markov missed the end of the season and his first of three in a row missed playoff runs? :o

And I even to beg to differ that when he's been healthy that his playoff success does meet his regular season success. Trust me - I never dreamed the quote had anything to do with Iron Man status. Even Josh Gorges can't stake his claim to that one anymore.

Man, it was a quote from 2009. Just move on.

Hopefully Andrei's due for a healthy season.

One things for sure, we know we can depend on him for an often unmatched two way game with vision at both ends of the rink when he's healthy.

His vision is almost certain to return to about 100% IMO, his ability to execute and match up against high caliber opponents is still at least somewhat questionable. We really don't know the impact the injuries will have on his game and further to that he's probably exiting his physical prime years.

Make no mistake about it, there's a lot of risk involved in this signing. It was a worthwhile risk because of what we need to do to get over the hump but there's a lot of risk and it's more than just keeping him on the ice.

Andrei always played like a man possessed when healthy,by far the best player on the team.He can control the pace of a game and is a gamebreaker with his abilities to score or set up a score when needed.Stanley Cup parades wouldn't have been out of the question had Markov been healthy and in the lineup the last two seasons.

Andrei always played like a man possessed when healthy,by far the best player on the team.He can control the pace of a game and is a gamebreaker with his abilities to score or set up a score when needed.Stanley Cup parades wouldn't have been out of the question had Markov been healthy and in the lineup the last two seasons.

Well said. I think we would have fared alot better the past 2 years with a healthy markov, and think that the next 3 years will be enjoyable.

Really Markov was a great player for us and will still be a great part of our team. Lets just hope that his knee can stay together for the next few years. I am concerned if he goes down again, because we will have far more trouble replacing him. We were fortunate that Wisniewski was available, but players like that are in demand and will not be so easy to find. I can not see us being that lucky again. With Markov in the lineup our team will be much better than last year. Without him we will be much worse.

Really Markov was a great player for us and will still be a great part of our team. Lets just hope that his knee can stay together for the next few years. I am concerned if he goes down again, because we will have far more trouble replacing him. We were fortunate that Wisniewski was available, but players like that are in demand and will not be so easy to find. I can not see us being that lucky again. With Markov in the lineup our team will be much better than last year. Without him we will be much worse.

We could be much worse. Of course we do have prospects in our system like Yemelin or Diaz. However neither are likely to come close to wisniewski or Markov. However I have strong feeling markov will be in uniform for the whole season.

We could be much worse. Of course we do have prospects in our system like Yemelin or Diaz. However neither are likely to come close to wisniewski or Markov. However I have strong feeling markov will be in uniform for the whole season.

Yes, lets all hope so! I want to see Montreal make a longer, 16 win, run in the playoffs next year. :)

Archived