The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#76 Pernell Karl Subban 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

#76 Pernell Karl Subban

8474056.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

"He's an excellent player. He's a very talented player. Anyone who has met him knows his personality is outgoing, overflowing. It hasn't yet been tempered, yet, with full maturity. I think he should have fun and he should play. Some of those people should shut up and play against him. Just keep their mouths shut and play. I think Montreal is lucky to have him, the NHL is lucky to have him. He's going to be a good player, a better than good player, for a long time." - Bob Gainey - nhl.com February 19, 2011

From the 2010-2011 thread:

"P.K. has shown Montreal that not only can he play at the NHL level, but he can excel. The playoffs are a major stage for teams and individual players to showcase their talent and he did not let anyone down. P.K. really showed that he could play extremely well defensively and he was always a threat offensively. On the power play, he demonstrated that he has the skill and ability to do so many things that guys that have been in the league for 10 years are doing. He took a major step forward in his development." - Sharenews.com, June 16 2010

“I remember the day that Tiger Woods went back to his coach to work on his swing. Everyone was like ‘Why is he doing that? He already has the best swing.’” recalled Subban. “I said to myself that if Tiger Woods is still working on his swing to get better, I can learn something new every day too no matter how well I’m playing or what I’ve accomplished. That’s the mentality you need to have.” - Canadiens.com, July 8 2010 (submitted by gooser & detritus)

"He came in and showed that he can handle himself right away and contribute to our team," said teammate Michael Cammalleri. "We're happy with his progress for sure and we expect him to be a big part of our team. Forget the future, he's a special player now, he's a charismatic guy and he's got a lot of tools. We'll expect a lot out of him." - tsn.ca, August 18, 2010 (submitted by ForeverHabs#10)

People,do you know how lucky you are

To see the rising of PKs star

It is a once in a lifetime thing

To see the sky's open and angels sing

This child was blessed in many ways

Lets hope a HAB he always stays

He has a heart,he has a smile

Humility is his style

But as a player you are privileged to see

Just what PK promises and is sure to be

GO PK GO :lol: :lol:

I think you will see Pierre seek a short-term deal that ends with PK still remaining a RFA. That seems to be his style. I don't mind one bit, either.

I highly doubt this will happen, both PK and Carey should make the bank explode next year.

I wouldn't mind one bit PK signing a deal worth 35-40 million for a lot of years, and i mean a lot of them.

This is exactly what this franchise needs.

Can you imagine how much of a deal it would end up being a couple of years from now if we can lock up PK this year or next summer to a 8-10 year deal with an average cap of 4 million or so ?

It's a complete no Brainer in my book.

Same thing with Carey.

If the team wants to win, that's the way to do it.

Same thing with Carey.

Not that I don't agree with you, but in this day and age of huge front-loaded contracts, locking up Carey and PK to 10 year deals will not be as simple as giving them 5M a year for 10 years. Both of them combined would probably have a 16M cap hit the first year of their contracts.

Locking them up for a decade would be a great thing. But I wonder if having them for around 5 years or so with a reasonable cap hit, followed by big-dollar retirement-style contracts when they're older wouldn't be better for them and the team at the same time?

I'm just confused with what you're saying, how can they have a 16m cap hit if they have cap hit around 4-5m each?

I wasn't even talking about front loaded contracts remember that it's PK first real contract after the entry level and Carey's second.

It could very well be as simple as giving them 4-5 million a year for 8-10 years straight.

And if that ever happens, it definitely would be a steal.

I highly doubt this will happen, both PK and Carey should make the bank explode next year.

I wouldn't mind one bit PK signing a deal worth 35-40 million for a lot of years, and i mean a lot of them.

This is exactly what this franchise needs.

Can you imagine how much of a deal it would end up being a couple of years from now if we can lock up PK this year or next summer to a 8-10 year deal with an average cap of 4 million or so ?

Same thing with Carey.

Difference. Carey is already on his second contract, Subban is one his first. I'm pretty sure Pierre will want to handle them in different ways. Yes, Carey may be at his "break the bank" contract, but PK isn't, IMO.

I'm just confused with what you're saying, how can they have a 16m cap hit if they have cap hit around 4-5m each?

I was just saying that I think it'd be unlikely that they'd get straight-up 4-5M/year contracts without any significant front-loading. PK Maybe because he's a bit younger, but Carey will be 24 this year.

Difference. Carey is already on his second contract, Subban is one his first. I'm pretty sure Pierre will want to handle them in different ways. Yes, Carey may be at his "break the bank" contract, but PK isn't, IMO.

This isn't the George Gillette Era anymore my friend, it's the Geoff Molson Era and god knows Geoff loves PK.

Remember 2 years ago when we eliminated the Penguins? Geoff was celebrating with P.K. in the locker room when the cameras of RDS and TSN were there.

He will break the bank, mark my words.

P.K. is just one of those.

I'm sure Geoff will over rule Pierre on that signing you'll see... and i highly doubt i am wrong.

And of top of all that it's the best bang for the buck this team could possibly get, a PK with a cap of 4-5m for 10 years?

That's the price to pay anyway!

P.K. helps Haiti

20110706-104944-g.jpg

"P.K. Subban and former Canadien Georges Laraque are in Haiti this week to raise awareness of the ongoing problems created by the earthquake that devastated the country in January 2010."

Way ta go there P.K.

This isn't the George Gillette Era anymore my friend, it's the Geoff Molson Era and god knows Geoff loves PK.

Remember 2 years ago when we eliminated the Penguins? Geoff was celebrating with P.K. in the locker room when the cameras of RDS and TSN were there.

He will break the bank, mark my words.

P.K. is just one of those.

I'm sure Geoff will over rule Pierre on that signing you'll see... and i highly doubt i am wrong.

And of top of all that it's the best bang for the buck this team could possibly get, a PK with a cap of 4-5m for 10 years?

That's the price to pay anyway!

Fair enough. I guess we will have to wait and see. ;) If we can trade Gomez, I say go for it!

P.K. helps Haiti

20110706-104944-g.jpg

"P.K. Subban and former Canadien Georges Laraque are in Haiti this week to raise awareness of the ongoing problems created by the earthquake that devastated the country in January 2010."

What a class act,he was working for world vision for 2 years before the earthquake and hasn't stopped because he is a star,and there is not a word about it on NHL,still who cares just shows that he is a good person with style,Thomas can't say that about their rookies.

GO PK GO :D :D

Just to add a little more on this piece...for those who seem interested...

HABS' SUBBAN SAYS TRIP TO QUAKE-RAVAGED HAITI A LIFE-CHANGER

They just showed a whole 5 minutes about this on That's Hockey on TSN,nice to see one of our players getting some air time,but of course it's Steve Koulias he's a HABS fan.

GO PK GO :lol: :lol:

Steve Koulias he's a HABS fan.

Yes,he is...one of my favorites hockey analysts

Mine too,I spoke to him once when he was on the score on his phone in bit,about fighting in hockey,

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Really...you actually got through....thats cool maddie...enjoyed & never missed his Hardcore Hockey Talk show....I actually miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived