The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

#76 Pernell Karl Subban 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

Guest habs1952

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=378314

Very mature article, but also just cause you make it most of the time and don't get stripped....don't do it so often then :P

"If I make that move and I beat the guy and go in and score, no one's going to say anything," said Subban. "But I turned it over and obviously you're going to get flack for it".

PK being arrogant. Stastny wasn't the last man back. PK had four more Avalanche players to get through not including the goalie.

"If I make that move and I beat the guy and go in and score, no one's going to say anything," said Subban. "But I turned it over and obviously you're going to get flack for it".

If he makes the move, goes in, and scores, everyone and their pet dog is going to be singing his praises for about two weeks straight. P.K. should just admit it was a stupid decision and not do it again. Also... When was the last time he, "Made that move and I beat the guy and go in and score...?" <_<

If he makes the move, goes in, and scores, everyone and their pet dog is going to be singing his praises for about two weeks straight. P.K. should just admit it was a stupid decision and not do it again. Also... When was the last time he, "Made that move and I beat the guy and go in and score...?" <_<

Remember when people used to say Price was cocky because he was given his spot and never made to earn it? This, right here, is a true example of being given a spot and not being made to earn it. We've had so many injuries that Subban has become a regular on our line. He didn't have to earn it. He should learn how to pick his words wisely. At least he's friends with Price, so he can get some advice.

That's hogwash. Subban more than earned is spot last year AND he spent an entire year in the AHL.

Do you want your top prospect to languish in the minor's after tearing up the AHL and setting goal scoring records and making the all-star team? Yes, this year has been a rough start for him, although if you examine the numbers nicely laid out on EOtP, he is still a leading defensemen for us. He plays against the highest quality of opposition and is the single largest CORSI differential on the entire team. Yes he has had some gaffs, but he's still the stick that stirs the pot here.

That's hogwash. Subban more than earned is spot last year AND he spent an entire year in the AHL.

Do you want your top prospect to languish in the minor's after tearing up the AHL and setting goal scoring records and making the all-star team? Yes, this year has been a rough start for him, although if you examine the numbers nicely laid out on EOtP, he is still a leading defensemen for us. He plays against the highest quality of opposition and is the single largest CORSI differential on the entire team. Yes he has had some gaffs, but he's still the stick that stirs the pot here.

If we had a healthy defense corps last season and this, Subban wouldn't have played nearly as many games as he has. The reason being he's only 22 and he plays like a 22 year old. I'm not against Subban being on the team. I'm just pointing out that the only reason he's played as much as he has for us is because we have no choice but to play him. He played good after JM benched him for a while last season. At that point, we could afford to sit Subban. We can't do that this year, we have to hope that he can play his way out of it. He hasn't just started off the season rough. This has been going on since the pre-season. That's great that he did all that in one season in the AHL, there are many players who rip the AHL to shreds, it doesn't always transfer to the NHL. He did well last season, but he has regressed to start this season. It's not something that should happen, he is still young so there is that argument to it. But, like I said, this isn't his first go. He played a full season minus five games last season and seven playoff games. Add that to his 14 playoff games from 09/10 and Subban is no rookie. He should not be making those kind of plays, it shouldn't even be a matter of "if I make that play and go on to score..." It should be "I should have never made that play, no doubt about it, I will make sure not to do that again." He made a play with no one to back him up. You can't be that selfish, plain and simple.

He's certainly had is troubles, and appears to be performing worse than the 'three rookies'.

That being said, this is truly case of visual appearences are deceiving. Believe it or not, he leads our team in every advanced stastistic, and the only reason that he is a - right now, is that price is posting a save percentage in the 0.860's while he's on the ice.

Absolutely he can be better, but, I think we've come to appreciate him a little to much already. He's playing 23+ minutes against a teams top players, as a 22 year old. Yet, his offensive CORSI numbers still lead the team. Of course he's making mistakes, which need to be shored up. However, saying he was handed the opportunity is just plain wrong. He has taken it, and despite the odd gaffe is performing admirably well for a 22 year old.

He's certainly had is troubles, and appears to be performing worse than the 'three rookies'.

That being said, this is truly case of visual appearences are deceiving. Believe it or not, he leads our team in every advanced stastistic, and the only reason that he is a - right now, is that price is posting a save percentage in the 0.860's while he's on the ice.

Absolutely he can be better, but, I think we've come to appreciate him a little to much already. He's playing 23+ minutes against a teams top players, as a 22 year old. Yet, his offensive CORSI numbers still lead the team. Of course he's making mistakes, which need to be shored up. However, saying he was handed the opportunity is just plain wrong. He has taken it, and despite the odd gaffe is performing admirably well for a 22 year old.

Agree with everything here.

I also thing he'll turn it around fairly soon. Only in montreal can you be crucified after 4 games :P

Dear board members,

Please leave PK and Price alone. They are impending RFA's. If they have off-seasons, maybe we can sign them on the cheap :)

Kidding. PK played well last game. The mistakes were made by the Gorges icing in the first place and AK standing in no man's land instead of covering Vanek or blasting out to cover the pass. PK is right he gets blamed for everything. He had NOTHING to do with that goal and generally played well last game.

Let's move on from him and focus on winning games, powerplay goals, lack of finish up front and whether or not PG needs to make another move.

Dear board members,

Please leave PK and Price alone. They are impending RFA's. If they have off-seasons, maybe we can sign them on the cheap :)

Kidding. PK played well last game. The mistakes were made by the Gorges icing in the first place and AK standing in no man's land instead of covering Vanek or blasting out to cover the pass. PK is right he gets blamed for everything. He had NOTHING to do with that goal and generally played well last game.

Let's move on from him and focus on winning games, powerplay goals, lack of finish up front and whether or not PG needs to make another move.

Right... he basically took himself completely out of the play and had nothing at all to do with the play ;)

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,72&event=MTL494&navid=DL|MTL|home

Watch the goal. There are only 4 Sabres involved in the play. There are 4 Habs lined up in front of the goal, You're right PK isn't one of them. He IS NOT the one that blew coverage. Between Gorges, AK and Patches they failed to properly rotate, in fact you can tell it was a rotation play because PK immediately skates to the front and gets his body in front of someone.

Not Pk's fault, lets move on. He'll actually make mistakes for us to point out in the future, this wasn't one of them.

I do not watch the Habs play all the time so I do not know the answer to this. A friend and I have our differences. Can you set the record str8?

After a good body check or whatever, did P.K. dangle his gloves from his fingers?

How many other times has he done this?

Will this be his trademark?

Are other players starting to do the same thing?

Thanks, Go Sabres and go Habs. Always a good game between these teams.

Wasn't happy to see him spend all that time in the box tonight, but a lot of that had to do with bad reffing. Overall, I thought he played a great game tonight. He moved the puck. He took hits to make plays. And he handled himself well at the back end. It was not a spectacular performance, it was a veteran performance from a guy who led the D corps with his play tonight.

Wasn't happy to see him spend all that time in the box tonight, but a lot of that had to do with bad reffing. Overall, I thought he played a great game tonight. He moved the puck. He took hits to make plays. And he handled himself well at the back end. It was not a spectacular performance, it was a veteran performance from a guy who led the D corps with his play tonight.

I wasn't too happy about the trade off either. It played to Boston's advantage to have PK in the box. He did make a statement that he's more then willing to defend himself,, but he needs to pick his spot and not do this on a regular basis. Five minutes in the box and risking longer ( game misconduct ) doesn't help with our current depth on D.

An excerpt from the Globe and Mail re the "fight".

All of the old animosity was still there, with Brad Marchand and P.K. Subban the latest to brawl in an Original Six rivalry that's nearly a century old.

“When you are frustrated — and I know I was — it doesn't take much,” said Subban, who played with Marchand in juniors.

“It wasn't Marchand who frustrated me. There was no animosity between us. ... If I was in Montreal and saw him out to dinner, we'd probably hang out together.”

:lol:

I know that PK doesn't fight and didn't want to by the look of it but the look of fear in Marchand's eyes said it all for me.Leave the fisticuffs for someone that knows what he's doing and stick to being professional PK,you're a better man than that.

I know that PK doesn't fight and didn't want to by the look of it but the look of fear in Marchand's eyes said it all for me.Leave the fisticuffs for someone that knows what he's doing and stick to being professional PK,you're a better man than that and way more valuable to the team on the ice.

It seems to me that PK Subban was his best on the PP after Christmas last year. I could be wrong but Subban was on the left point and WIz was on the right point. I think that whoever the new PP coach is should try putting Weber or Diaz on the right point and Subban on the left point. Right this moment it seems like it too easy to cover Subban as there are not two big shots from the point. Maybe even put Max Pac on the point. I am a fan of Pleks but I don't think he puts any fear from the point which allows the PK to focus on Subban. Someone with a big shot from the point. When Markov is healthy his best side is the left side. Based on last season Subban's best side is the left side. Therefore I guess Diaz or Weber will get the chance to become the next Souray / Streit for Markov's passes.

Subban is doing extremely well for his 2nd NHL season. I just seems longer because he played so good 2 years ago in the playoffs. And it is basic math. Your team is losing. Most players have fewer points and worse plus/minus. Things will get a lot better this year for Subban and the team.

I wasn't too happy about the trade off either. It played to Boston's advantage to have PK in the box. He did make a statement that he's more then willing to defend himself,, but he needs to pick his spot and not do this on a regular basis. Five minutes in the box and risking longer ( game misconduct ) doesn't help with our current depth on D.

I think he picked his spot as best as he could. The two were clearly running high on emotions and needed to let off the steam. Marchand is one of their skilled players and cupcake of a fighter. I'd be more afraid if PK were trying to fight Shawn Thornton or Greg Campbell, guys who don't score many goals and are good fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

He's playing decent overall, but the mental mistakes are piling up. Against Ottawa he played a pretty big part in the one goal against by taking himself out of the play despite being the last one back. Against New York he tried to hard to aggravate the opponent and ended up taking an unsportsmanlike penalty just as the Habs were pushing for a goal.

Archived