The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#67 Max Pacioretty 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

#67 Max Pacioretty

8474157.jpg

QUOTE LIBRARY

“I like that title [power forward] because there aren’t too many guys in the league that play like that. That’s what makes a power forward so valuable. I know I’m capable of being one and I’m doing everything I can to become one.” - Max Pacioretty - canadiens.com February 3, 2011

Patches your season was in ruins

All because of those b***** Gooins

But this season I am sure

You will play even harder,be even more mature

You just have to put the past behind

Forget about Chara and his kind

Come out and play like you know you can

Co's this season your a man

The growing up was at quite a price

To see you well will be very nice

GO PATCHES GO :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to see him back to his old form this year. It would be nice for 30 goals, but I would be happy with 20-25.

Good luck Max.

30 goals would be, IMO, a great year for Max. However, it might be a little out of his reach. Especially missing a significant chunk of time last season and coming back from a neck injury. I would be more than happy with 20-25 goals, and I believe that is definitely an obtainable goal for Max. Let's hope he gets it done!

Max played in a charity game with StLouis for neck and back injuries,he scored a goal and had a few assists,I guess he was cleared to play in this game by the HABS,he said that it felt a bit weird,but he felt stronger now than ever,as he had so much time since his injury for training.Great to see him so confident,can't wait to see him skating again.

GO MAX GO :lol: :lol:

Max played in a charity game with StLouis for neck and back injuries,he scored a goal and had a few assists,I guess he was cleared to play in this game by the HABS,he said that it felt a bit weird,but he felt stronger now than ever,as he had so much time since his injury for training.Great to see him so confident,can't wait to see him skating again.

Hockey I/O has a nice little write-up on the event. Looks good for Max!

Ahh nice to see he can still score the points, cant wait for the season

Nobody else concerned that post concussion symptoms will hamper his development? Coming from somebody that isn't an expert on concussions but is very afraid and contemplative when he sees a players head go hard to the ice, I'm a little worried that he's gonna be a little hesitant to play his game driving the net the way he was doing before he got injured last year. And weather the concussion affects his game or not, its not in the Canadians or Pacioretty's favor that he's already suffered one extreme injury to the neck/head.

Nobody else concerned that post concussion symptoms will hamper his development? Coming from somebody that isn't an expert on concussions but is very afraid and contemplative when he sees a players head go hard to the ice, I'm a little worried that he's gonna be a little hesitant to play his game driving the net the way he was doing before he got injured last year. And weather the concussion affects his game or not, its not in the Canadians or Pacioretty's favor that he's already suffered one extreme injury to the neck/head.

Im a little worried he will be hesitant, he said he won't be but saying something and doing something are 2 different things. However he hasn't had any post concussion syndroms since like right after he got hit, they went away pretty fast.

The only place you might see him hesitate,, is trying to beat a guy to the inside. He might think twice about it the first few times he's in that position, but i don't think it will affect his game much. I guess we'll see.

Im a little worried he will be hesitant, he said he won't be but saying something and doing something are 2 different things. However he hasn't had any post concussion syndroms since like right after he got hit, they went away pretty fast.

I know exactly what you're saying, but - call it a hunch (as I have no basis for this) - It seems to me that he is the kind of guy who wont be hesistant. Its just the type of game he plays. He's not a skilled player who occasionally plays physical, he bases his game around being physical. I think that having a whole summer to come back (vs getting right back on the ice if we had had a deep playoff run) will help a lot too.

I know exactly what you're saying, but - call it a hunch (as I have no basis for this) - It seems to me that he is the kind of guy who wont be hesistant. Its just the type of game he plays. He's not a skilled player who occasionally plays physical, he bases his game around being physical. I think that having a whole summer to come back (vs getting right back on the ice if we had had a deep playoff run) will help a lot too.

Agreed. Remember when he got hit in the ribs by that blast from the point while he was standing in front of the net trying to screen the goalie? (I think maybe it was that 'blowout in beantown' game, can't quite remember). Well I was worrying about his ability to keep up with the tip-ins in subsequent games, but he showed no hesitation whatsoever.

Agreed. Remember when he got hit in the ribs by that blast from the point while he was standing in front of the net trying to screen the goalie? (I think maybe it was that 'blowout in beantown' game, can't quite remember). Well I was worrying about his ability to keep up with the tip-ins in subsequent games, but he showed no hesitation whatsoever.

I think that was the Barfalo game where him and Cammy both left, maybe Halpern too. Pacs came back quickly with a broken rib and stood infront of the net no matter what.

Reffing was apparently brutal in that game too

I think that was the Barfalo game where him and Cammy both left, maybe Halpern too. Pacs came back quickly with a broken rib and stood infront of the net no matter what.

Reffing was apparently brutal in that game too

Yep, you're absolutely right. All I could remember was that it was a game where a few different key players went down and also one with bad reffing :P.

But yeah, that's what I was saying about him going back to playing his brand of hockey. I know that a concussion is worse than a broken rib, but a rib is apparently one of the mnost painful bones to break so if that didn't faze him hopefully this won't either.

Yep, you're absolutely right. All I could remember was that it was a game where a few different key players went down and also one with bad reffing :P.

But yeah, that's what I was saying about him going back to playing his brand of hockey. I know that a concussion is worse than a broken rib, but a rib is apparently one of the mnost painful bones to break so if that didn't faze him hopefully this won't either.

It is, you also can't put a cast on it which im assuming would help the pain. My uncle broke one in Karate so he was giving me the run down.

You're right dude... I've broken and bruised ribs. One of the things that makes it painful is that it hurts to breath, which is why I was so surprised to see Patches back after taking the shot in the ribs. Think about it, hockey players are flying around the ice at top speed, breathing heavily.

When I broke my rib, it even hurt when I slept cos we breath differently.

He must've been numbed cos he didn't show any signs of pain, even when he skated. Remember when he got the shot in the ribs, he went to the 1/2 boards and collapsed, probably cos he couldn't breath.

I read on HIO that Patches was a newly wed,but I have seen nothing about it any where else,but if that is the case Congratulations to you and your wife Max,I can't wait to see you back on the ice.

GO PATCHES GO :lol: :lol:

Yes he did get married,Subban just got back from the wedding,they should have had something on here,so again all the best we have 2 new husbands now,must be something in the air,good on you boys.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived