The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#53 Ryan White 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

Glad to see the deal is finally done... just leaves Gorges now. White is one of my favorite players on the team for the style of play and heart he brings. Would love to see some other guys show some of the same commitment to hard play White does.

I think that based on the current projected roster that White will be the 4th line center until Eller is healthy. Nice to have White under contract.

Finally! Ryan White Signs One-year deal. :)

Personally, I'm really glad he's back for another year.

So am I beaubie.

very good energy player that brings it every shift.

+1

He's become, IMO, very overrated in a relatively short amount of time. He's OK, I don't think he's guaranteed any kind of spot right now to start the season and he's definitely a 4th liner, at best, right now.

He's become, IMO, very overrated in a relatively short amount of time. He's OK, I don't think he's guaranteed any kind of spot right now to start the season and he's definitely a 4th liner, at best, right now.

I disagree. He doesn't score very often, but I think he plays his role very well. He sticks up for his team mates and can give us some much needed energy, Best example would be his fight with Stoner and a bruin who nearly gave subban a knee on knee hit.

I think it was a mistake sending him down after his last camp, he showed us he was ready for the NHL

Just to clarify... a one-way deal does not guarantee White stays in the NHL. It just means he gets paid the same thing no matter if he's in the NHL or AHL. The contract does work in his favor to promote his staying here though, which is one reason he may have taken it. If he takes a two-way deal where he makes 850k in the NHL but 100k in the AHL, there is a financial incentive to send him down. This way, the Habs do not benefit by demoting him AND he is a relatively cheap option to plug into the roster and keep us under the salary cap.

Agreed. I don't expect him to score even 20 goals id be pretty happy if he got over 10. But I expect him to go out, work hard, and give 100% every shift, and thats what he does.

Right. Even 10 goals for this type of player is a high-water mark. A great season for a gritty 4th liner is more fights > Points and 2-4 hits per game.

With this stat line:

80gp 8g 12a 20pts 120PIM 250Hits 15+ fights

He would secure a long term contract with the Habs. IMO, Ryan White should try to emulate Steve Ott, they are of similar build and I think if Ryan works hard he could develop a similar skillset.

Archived