The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

#53 Ryan White 2011-2012

ColRouleBleu

I understand he scored a couple more goals. That's now 4 goals in 4 games. Back soon?????

4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. But he still looks very out of shape on the ice. He's not even able to play one shift without looking completely winded and he's not even playing his hard skating game.

4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. But he still looks very out of shape on the ice. He's not even able to play one shift without looking completely winded and he's not even playing his hard skating game.

I would, however, guess that in the NHL, his minutes would be significantly lower than in the AHL. In any case, I think he is allowed to play a maximum of 5 games in Hamilton before he would have to clear waivers, so he will certainly be back up by the time the Habs face Boston Wednesday. And given that it's the B's, that can't be a bad thing to have White in the line-up.

I would, however, guess that in the NHL, his minutes would be significantly lower than in the AHL. In any case, I think he is allowed to play a maximum of 5 games in Hamilton before he would have to clear waivers, so he will certainly be back up by the time the Habs face Boston Wednesday. And given that it's the B's, that can't be a bad thing to have White in the line-up.

I just looked it up and the waiver rule for conditioning stints is 14 days. He was sent down on the 6th, so he has until the 20th before he has to go through waivers. The Bulldogs have 3 more games until then so they'll likely keep him down for the full duration. Unless of course there's injuries.

bona-fide fourth line center, knows his role, embraces that role and is fired with enthusiasm!

I like him better as a wing. Let him play along the boards where he can crash and bang. A center has to be the 1st forward up and down the ice and White's the kind of guy who'll finish his hit in the offensive zone and maybe get caught up a tad late as a result. That's fine for a winger taking a man out of the play, but I'd rather leave the defensive responsibility to someone else and give White more freedom to hit.

This is the exact type of player(s) MTL needs on the 3rd/4th line. His hitting/fight was contagious for the team. One of the better games MTL has played in a very long time, they out hit Boston almost 2-1.

Now PG has to get off his butt and bring up Schultz to add some more spark. Players like this will never give a team an "easy" game.

I really enjoyed Ryan White being back in the lineup, but he did have one brutal turnover while trying to exit our zone last night. It's things like that the coach will remember. Not the inspired fight. I hope he can learn to play a sound defensive game over the next season or two. I assume he's going to be with us for a few seasons and I would really like him to be out there mixing stuff up without being a defensive liability.

I really enjoyed Ryan White being back in the lineup, but he did have one brutal turnover while trying to exit our zone last night. It's things like that the coach will remember. Not the inspired fight. I hope he can learn to play a sound defensive game over the next season or two. I assume he's going to be with us for a few seasons and I would really like him to be out there mixing stuff up without being a defensive liability.

I can almost guarantee that a coach may turn a blind eye to a turnover (especially for a guy who has not played all year in the NHL- and was super hyped), and would glady trade that for a nice fight, or some massive hits & energy.

You have no idea what a player like this does to the others on the bench when they watch him in action. His play becomes contagious for the rest of the team.

This is the exact type of player(s) MTL needs on the 3rd/4th line. His hitting/fight was contagious for the team. One of the better games MTL has played in a very long time, they out hit Boston almost 2-1.

Now PG has to get off his butt and bring up Schultz to add some more spark. Players like this will never give a team an "easy" game.

Amen agree 100%

Guest habs1952

It was nice to see White back with the team. Brings a lot of energy to the 4th line. I don't understand one thing about last night. Why didn't the Bruin player get a game penalty for the jersey coming off? I thought that players are required to tie down their jersey.

Because he is a Bruin.

It was nice to see White back with the team. Brings a lot of energy to the 4th line. I don't understand one thing about last night. Why didn't the Bruin player get a game penalty for the jersey coming off? I thought that players are required to tie down their jersey.

You are required to tie it down but it coming off doesn't automatically mean it wasn't tied down, it can definitely tear and the refs check that.

I like him better as a wing. Let him play along the boards where he can crash and bang. A center has to be the 1st forward up and down the ice and White's the kind of guy who'll finish his hit in the offensive zone and maybe get caught up a tad late as a result. That's fine for a winger taking a man out of the play, but I'd rather leave the defensive responsibility to someone else and give White more freedom to hit.

I agree. I wish in hindsight that we still had Halpern. Darche-Halpern-White or Moen-Halpern-White would have been a great 4th line this year.

I agree. I wish in hindsight that we still had Halpern. Darche-Halpern-White or Moen-Halpern-White would have been a great 4th line this year.

I've always said that your 4th line players don't need to be complete players, but that they do have to fill a role on the team and create energy. White does that. Darche struggled to do that earlier this season, but his play on the penalty kill and his drive have improved greatly of late. I'm not sure he's the answer going forward but I'm not completely opposed to it either. I said before the season that Halpern would be the guy we let go who we'd miss the most and I still believe that. He and White could have given us a nice start to a 4th line, rather than reaching for a guy like Noke, who hasn't quite done the job. I also said that of Gomez, Gio, and White, that White would be the guy who's return would have the most impact on the team and I still believe that too. This team has guys who can score as well as Gio and Gomez, but we've been missing a guy who plays all out and brings the energy that White does. This isn't a knock on Gio's scoring or Gomez's puck-carrying skills because both of those are valuable too, but White makes the rest of the team better outside of what shows up on the scoresheet.

So glad hes back

he has been missed all season

Impressive....agree with ya both

I guarantee White is gonna become much more than just a fourth line grinder with the habs, he has the skill set to be a great third player for years to come. Having him in the lineup makes such a huge impact on the rest of the team. I hope his drive and determination on the ice rubs off on Gomez and Kostitsyn.. You would never see those two get visibly upset and slam there sticks after doing all they could to stop a goal that was caused by Gomez being weak on the puck. Keep it up Ryan

Archived