The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mathieu Darche

Meh. Another contract at league minimum is fine to have him as insurance in case of injury. He's a fan favourite, is a perfectly capable bottom 6 forward, and if we need to shake up the PP he's always an option there for the 2nd wave. That being said, I really don't care. It's not like with Moen where he provides a ton of value on the PK, Darche can kill penalties but if we don't sign him it's just meh.

• 1 month later...

I know Darche's role, but hope he battles to stay on roster, if not I hope he can be an assistant on Bulldogs. We can make arguements that he only made it here because of the team's lack of depth but it was him and not somebody else. I find him a great inspiration and a good leader. the 'dogs with at least 3 rookies on D and F each need good role models. Hope Darche stays in organization.

• 2 weeks later...

Mathieu Darche ‏@matdarche52

We can now jump to conclusions. It seems like I won't be back next year. #verydisapointed #itisabusiness

I like Darche, he seems like a good guy. But I think the timing was right to move on. It could also mean we're close with moen.

Mathieu Darche ‏@matdarche52

We can now jump to conclusions. It seems like I won't be back next year. #verydisapointed #itisabusiness

He was great for the Habs and i'll miss him but I think it is time for him to retire and follow a career in coaching and hockey administration.

Apparently offered a two way deal by the Habs. I don't know if he'll get a chance to reconsider should he not receive another offer but, wishing him well regardless.

Guest habs1952

Thank you for your services Darche Vader however we must move on. There are so many other players he is taking up a spot for.

I wonder if this opens the door for either Galchenyuk or Gallagher. Or both.

Thank you for your services Darche Vader however we must move on. There are so many other players he is taking up a spot for.

Yeah, I liked Darche as he represented the average Joe, but time does go on. Thanks MD.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...