The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Michael Cammalleri

I always wonder about this. He seems to prefer wing but his two best years have come from center and he's great in the circle.

I think the ship has sailed at this point, but the off season we picked him up I actually wanted him as our #1 center. (This of course before we acquired Scott).

We actually got Scott before Cammy ;)

Just get me a lot of points Mikey boy.;)

We actually got Scott before Cammy ;)

Ya I wasn't entirely clear now that I re-read. What I meant was in that offseason when we were discussing acquisitions of potential UFAs we wanted, my pick for our new number 1 center was Cammy. After we acquired Gomez, obviously that train of thought stopped making sense and I was very surprised when we still went out and got Mike.

Ya I wasn't entirely clear now that I re-read. What I meant was in that offseason when we were discussing acquisitions of potential UFAs we wanted, my pick for our new number 1 center was Cammy. After we acquired Gomez, obviously that train of thought stopped making sense and I was very surprised when we still went out and got Mike.

Ah! ok I get it now :)

cammy is much better in the circle then pleky when it comes to winning the draw and pleky could just skate into center i just want to win more draws

anyone is pretty much better in the circle than Pleky<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, just read that. Lets hope its right.

Considering where it looked like he was cut (large muscle mass just above the knee) I was expecting about that sort of healing time. Lets hope its accurate. It could have been a heck of a lot worse than that, cut by skate is always a scary prospect.

Glad to hear it is most likely fairly minor.

Just our luck. I'm glad to hear it wasn't too awful, these injuries are always scary.

I always wonder about this. He seems to prefer wing but his two best years have come from center and he's great in the circle.

I think the ship has sailed at this point, but the off season we picked him up I actually wanted him as our #1 center. (This of course before we acquired Scott).

I guess I just mean in our team's situation. Cammalleri is a good centre too, but on our team, for the style we play Plekanec is a better centre. Cammalleri isn't even close to Plekanec as a two way player, Plekanec is arguably the best defensive forward on the team.

Yeah, just read that. Lets hope its right.

Considering where it looked like he was cut (large muscle mass just above the knee) I was expecting about that sort of healing time. Lets hope its accurate. It could have been a heck of a lot worse than that, cut by skate is always a scary prospect.

Glad to hear it is most likely fairly minor.

Yeah, we know all about how cuts to the leg can cause major injury. :unsure: I, too, hope that report is accurate. Two weeks is nothing compared to what I thought it might be.

Yeah, we know all about how cuts to the leg can cause major injury. :unsure: I, too, hope that report is accurate. Two weeks is nothing compared to what I thought it might be.

On Faceoff.com they were saying 2 months... must have been a typo. At two weeks he could miss 4-5 of the Habs next games. A call-up required?

I don't think so. Isn't Eller supposed to be ready for action soon?

Cleared for contact... but that doesn't necessarily mean he is ready to play.

Check the schedule... 5 games over the next two weeks. Flames, Avalanche, Sabres, Penguins and Leafs (rematch).

On Faceoff.com they were saying 2 months... must have been a typo. At two weeks he could miss 4-5 of the Habs next games. A call-up required?

That's what it says on TSN's Ice Chips as well (probably 1 site regurgitating the other). At that point he hadn't seen the doctor yet, he's supposed to see him today. It's pretty hard to imagine info changing without a doctors report. We'll have to wait and see.

Cleared for contact... but that doesn't necessarily mean he is ready to play.

Check the schedule... 5 games over the next two weeks. Flames, Avalanche, Sabres, Penguins and Leafs (rematch).

Martin had said before they were targeting the home opener vs the Flames as a return date for Lars. Assuming everything goes well, we might see him on Thursday.

RDS just confirmed 10 to 14 days for cammy and 2 to 3 weeks for spacek

All things considered, thats not too bad.

My guess is that Cammy will simply need enough time for the muscle to repair enough to not re-tear, so 2 weeks likely is about as bad as it will get.

Archived