The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trevor Timmins 2011-2012

BigTed3

Trevor Timmins

trevor_small.jpg

Trevor Timmins is entering his 11th season with the Montreal Canadiens. He is primarily responsible for overseeing and directing the Canadiens’ amateur scouting system, including the annual NHL Entry Draft and amateur free-agent recruitment.

Link: Trevor Timmins, Montreal Canadiens

QUOTE LIBRARY

"There are no perfect hockey players, unless you're picking in the top three of the draft." -- Trevor Timmins, July 2009, on selecting players in the draft

• 3 months later...

Trevor Timmins

trevor_small.jpg

Trevor Timmins is entering his 11th season with the Montreal Canadiens. He is primarily responsible for overseeing and directing the Canadiens’ amateur scouting system, including the annual NHL Entry Draft and amateur free-agent recruitment.

Link: Trevor Timmins, Montreal Canadiens

QUOTE LIBRARY

"There are no perfect hockey players, unless you're picking in the top three of the draft." -- Trevor Timmins, July 2009, on selecting players in the draft

First I want to congratulate you and your scouting team on rebuilding the Habs and the Bulldogs into the competitive teams they are now.This season there are so many close to perfect players its like Christmas,while on that subject here's my list of Habs presents or draftees.On defence RD Cody Ceci on LD Griffin Reinhart,goalie Malcolm Subban,center Grigorenko or Girgenson,RW FRK or Yakupov,LW Bussieres or Galchenyuk.HOn.Ment.Gudbranson,Dumba.Any of these players would make me ecstatic.

• 3 weeks later...

If our team remains in the funk it's in now,we may actually get the right to choose one of the perfect players this season.Go Habs Go!It couldn't be soon enough for me,it's been a long time since the Habs have had the type of player that lifts fans out of their seats like Lafleur,Beliveau and Richard.

If our team remains in the funk it's in now,we may actually get the right to choose one of the perfect players this season.Go Habs Go!It couldn't be soon enough for me,it's been a long time since the Habs have had the type of player that lifts fans out of their seats like Lafleur,Beliveau and Richard.Go Habs Go!

• 1 month later...

I doubt that we'll be able to draft Grigorenko but,the Habs could sign Ludvig Karlsson from Northeastern Univ.Where he leads the team in scoring and plays with Steve Quailer and Chris Rawlings the 6'5 goalie the Habs gave a look at during the Rookie Camps this summer.All of these guys could be good prospects for the future.Karlsson at 6'2 193 lbs,born Jan.6th 1991 is already 20 and a great young player.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that we'll be able to draft Grigorenko but,the Habs could sign Ludvig Karlsson from Northeastern Univ.Where he leads the team in scoring and plays with Steve Quailer and Chris Rawlings the 6'5 goalie the Habs gave a look at during the Rookie Camps this summer.All of these guys could be good prospects for the future.Karlsson at 6'2 193 lbs,born Jan.6th 1991 is already 20 and a great young player.

Just realized the NYI's had Chris Rawlings goaltending for them during their rookie camp this summer also.The way he's playing again this season it may be wise to sign him as soon as possible,Karlsson though is really intriguing.

He's had late picks (let's say round 3 and up) who are playing in the NHL right now, such as :

- Ryan O'Byrne (3rd round)

- Jaroslav Halak (9th round)

- Mark Streit (9th round)

- Mikhail Grabovski (5th round)

- Alexei Emelin (3rd round)

- Sergei Kostitsyn (7th round)

- Matt D'Agostini (6th round)

- Ryan White (3rd round)

- Yannick Weber (3rd round)

Brendan Gallagher was also a 5th round pick.

Only Louis Leblanc has played any NHL games out of the last 4 drafts though. This is something a bit worrying. The Bulldogs are also decimated right now, there's not much left there talent-wise.

He's had late picks (let's say round 3 and up) who are playing in the NHL right now, such as :

- Ryan O'Byrne (3rd round)

- Jaroslav Halak (9th round)

- Mark Streit (9th round)

- Mikhail Grabovski (5th round)

- Alexei Emelin (3rd round)

- Sergei Kostitsyn (7th round)

- Matt D'Agostini (6th round)

- Ryan White (3rd round)

- Yannick Weber (3rd round)

Brendan Gallagher was also a 5th round pick.

Only Louis Leblanc has played any NHL games out of the last 4 drafts though. This is something a bit worrying. The Bulldogs are also decimated right now, there's not much left there talent-wise.

It doesn't help that the team keeps trading away picks and prospects for nothing and it's starting to catch up as there's almost nothing for prospects in the AHL/ECHL.

I'm going to consider Ryan McDonaugh a failed pick as well. Reason: If Timmins REALLY beleived he was a can't miss, there is no way he would have been included in the Gomez trade. There was a failure somewhere between the scout and GM exchange of information that allowed such a good prospect to leave. Either they didn't realize what they had (Timmins fault) or they didn't care (Gainey's fault).

That list starting in 2003, also has to include Andrei Kostitsyn as a failure. Again, not an indictment on AK whom I've grown to like, once my expectations have been lowered but obviously our scout had other talented players that should have been picked instead, a topic that has been to death.

IMO, Trevor Timmins is in his last season here. He's next on the PG odyssey to save his job chopping block.

I'm going to consider Ryan McDonaugh a failed pick as well. Reason: If Timmins REALLY beleived he was a can't miss, there is no way he would have been included in the Gomez trade. There was a failure somewhere between the scout and GM exchange of information that allowed such a good prospect to leave. Either they didn't realize what they had (Timmins fault) or they didn't care (Gainey's fault).

That list starting in 2003, also has to include Andrei Kostitsyn as a failure. Again, not an indictment on AK whom I've grown to like, once my expectations have been lowered but obviously our scout had other talented players that should have been picked instead, a topic that has been to death.

IMO, Trevor Timmins is in his last season here. He's next on the PG odyssey to save his job chopping block.

Timmins was actually quite angry when Gainey traded McDonagh.

• 3 weeks later...

ya just scrap the whole season tell price to go on vacation and put budaj and lawson in for the rest of the games hahah. but even if we had the first pick i wouldnt pick nail, too small and we dont need that atm.

i agree with ak being a failed pick in the position he was picked, but hes not a bad player and timmins has done much better then alot of other people would when it comes to the 4th round picks

No way! Yakupov! :P

Well Yakupov apparently blew a knee against Sweden, so let's see how that turns out... and before we decide who we're picking, maybe we should see what pick we end up with first. I'm not convinced we're going to have a top 5 pick to make that choice, so we'd likely end up with neither Grigorenko nor Yakupov.

Hi Trevor I don't know if you ever get a chance to read these postings but,there is a player at Northeastern University that turned 21 on Jan.6th.His name Ludwig Karlsson he stands 6'2 and weighs 193 lbs.and plays a great two-way game.A fast skater with a good shot,defensive game and can playmake.In other words our type of player and he hasn't signed with anyone or been drafted.Just an early Christmas present from Sewden to the Montreal Canadiens,bye for now Steve.

Well Yakupov apparently blew a knee against Sweden, so let's see how that turns out... and before we decide who we're picking, maybe we should see what pick we end up with first. I'm not convinced we're going to have a top 5 pick to make that choice, so we'd likely end up with neither Grigorenko nor Yakupov.

You're probably right. :lol: I doubt we'll end up with a top-five pick. I suppose the more likely scenario is drafting somewhere around 10? It's just nice to dream about acquiring a highly touted, good, young forward. Man... It'd be something to excited about!

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably right. :lol: I doubt we'll end up with a top-five pick. I suppose the more likely scenario is drafting somewhere around 10? It's just nice to dream about acquiring a highly touted, good, young forward. Man... It'd be something to excited about!

Even if we do get a top 10 pick,,,,we could/maybe trade up to get a top 2-3 pick, and for heavens sake,,,pick the top player you need,,,not the "best player available". That hasn't been working.

Even if we do get a top 10 pick,,,,we could/maybe trade up to get a top 2-3 pick, and for heavens sake,,,pick the top player you need,,,not the "best player available". That hasn't been working.

On edit,,,,,it only took like 4 min. to post this, because of the usual hiccup at this time. :angry:

I hope we clean house on management (excluding Gauthier) at the end of the year. Keep Timmins but have him scouting for later rounds (4-7) where he excels in finding us good players. Hire someone else PLEASE for earlier rounds. Timmins is getting better, but we can probably find someone who can get us the BPA for OUR team

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who the whole scouting staff is,,,,but it would seem to me that "someone" is not doing their job. I want the scouts to recommend players that have heart. I want players that will "go to the wall" to win games.

Those players win games

Markov, Plekanec, Subban, Price, White, Pacman, Emelin, Desharnais... all guys on our team who give a good effort just about every night. All guys we drafted. Add in McDonaugh, who Timmins selected and advised BG not to trade.

We do have some good home-grown players here, if you're talking about heart. We don't have top-end scoring, which is harder to find with mid/late 1st-round selections. And we haven't made good use of our cap space when it comes to free agents and trade acquisitions. But I'd hardly put any of that on TT. The mess we're in falls mainly on BG and partly on PG for lacking foresight in how this team was built. But I'll maintain that the home-grown young core we have here is not the problem.

Markov, Plekanec, Subban, Price, White, Pacman, Emelin, Desharnais... all guys on our team who give a good effort just about every night. All guys we drafted. Add in McDonaugh, who Timmins selected and advised BG not to trade.

We do have some good home-grown players here, if you're talking about heart. We don't have top-end scoring, which is harder to find with mid/late 1st-round selections. And we haven't made good use of our cap space when it comes to free agents and trade acquisitions. But I'd hardly put any of that on TT. The mess we're in falls mainly on BG and partly on PG for lacking foresight in how this team was built. But I'll maintain that the home-grown young core we have here is not the problem.

Im starting to wonder if I should rescind my comment on Timmins not being a 1st round guy.

Hes busted on Fischer. That was about it.

Several other teams also passed up on giroux, and other teams passed up on Milan Lucic before we did and took maxwell.

Chipchura wasnt great, higgins wasnt great Perezhogin left for the KHL.

Komisarek was never the same after his injury.

All of this wasnt really Timmins fault except maybe higgins and chipchura. Its not his fault players got homesick, hurt, or traded before they had their chance here.

Archived