The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Trevor Timmins 2011-2012

BigTed3

Everyone was talking about the leafs prospects last season, but hab prospects aren't anything to laugh at. We have some promising blueliners coming up, mainly Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis.

TT may have dropped the ball with AK, but imo has done very well since... AK and/or Fisher (I believe) were one of his first acquisitions. MB saw all the work TT has done for the habs, main reason he wasn't let loose after PG and BG left. How many teams are kicking themselves today for letting PK slip through their fingers in 08.

Going to be years before we see the extent of the "new" habs. I still have a very positive feeling going forward.

Mb is such a classy guy, knew that TT had put a lot of work researching the draft and let TT make the 1st over-all pick. Something that most new GM's would've done themselves, specially when it's their first time managing a team.

Where PG was all about glorifying himself (even at the expense of others), MB couldn't be more different. First thing he said after being introduced by Mr Molson, was that he was only a piece of the puzzle.

Our only questionable move so far is MT, but then again, he went out and bettered himself after his time in Montreal. So, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Haven't been this excited for a season to start... Just hoping the CBA doesn't get in the way.

So Im glad that MB got the devlopment staff larger, gives Timmins more time to work with scouting. I heard we cleaned up and were one of the better organizations at the draft. I think thats completely true. To go with this youth movement I would also consider moving some current players for picks and prospects...Kaberle and Desharnais (though maybe wait a few years on DD). As for kaberle I think he could fetch a 5th rounder or lower which may not be much but Timmins seems to be good at picking in the later rounds.

So Im glad that MB got the devlopment staff larger, gives Timmins more time to work with scouting. I heard we cleaned up and were one of the better organizations at the draft. I think thats completely true. To go with this youth movement I would also consider moving some current players for picks and prospects...Kaberle and Desharnais (though maybe wait a few years on DD). As for kaberle I think he could fetch a 5th rounder or lower which may not be much but Timmins seems to be good at picking in the later rounds.

Are we hoping to make the playoffs this year or are we tanking for McKinnon?

If'we're harboring playoff dreams, we should keep Kaberle and DD.

And either way, Zidlicky, who is inferior to Kaberle, got a 2nd and 3rd rounder at the deadline, so we can do better than a 5th for Kaberle.

There's a rumor on the intenet that Timmins' number 2 choice after Alex Galchenyuk was Teuvo Terevainen. I think the info is from RDS. We can use this information to better eveluate Timmins a few years down the road, as fans.

For example, in 2005, if we had not picked Price, we would have picked Marc Staal. From that we know that our good fortune was not purely due to "luck".

There's a rumor on the intenet that Timmins' number 2 choice after Alex Galchenyuk was Teuvo Terevainen. I think the info is from RDS. We can use this information to better eveluate Timmins a few years down the road, as fans.

For example, in 2005, if we had not picked Price, we would have picked Marc Staal. From that we know that our good fortune was not purely due to "luck".

god didn't gainey want brule?

There is also another rumor that Mr Timmins had a compleatly other guy at nr 2 on his list and that he actually got him too, just saying. Dont belive everything you hear on internet ;)

Archived