The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Predict The 2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Standings

7th....8th.

but I welcome being proved wrong.;)

Higher would be nice.

we will be fighting tooth & nail for a playoff spot right down to the last week of the regular season as usual.

and I was holding back.....:lol:

we will be fighting tooth & nail for a playoff spot right down to the last week of the regular season as usual.

Oh yeah of little faith can't you see

Just where our HABS are going to be

Right up there at the top

There is no way we are going to drop

Below where we were last season

We have gotten better that is the reason

Our youngsters have some experience now

I think that they will continue to wow

They are not going to let us down

There is no way our team will drown

We need some optimism on here

We are going to win is that clear

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah of little faith can't you see

Just where our HABS are going to be

Right up there at the top

There is no way we are going to drop

Below where we were last season

We have gotten better that is the reason

Our youngsters have some experience now

I think that they will continue to wow

They are not going to let us down

There is no way our team will drown

We need some optimism on here

We are going to win is that clear

Ya, me and Maddie know what were talking about. The habs are gonna be amazing!

Ya, me and Maddie know what were talking about. The habs are gonna be amazing!

Of course they are they are our HABS,we are really gonna stick it to them this season, there was a reason the Nucks didn't win the cup we are the ones who should bring Stanley home it's our cup.GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I'll repost my thoughts from the Florida Panthers thread with a bit more of my somewhat suspicious "analysis", which is in-between Toronto sports radio quality and Sportsnet with a flu going around quality...

Washington (Vokoun allows a more offensive, defensively irresponsible game. They dominate the SE with complete ease.)

Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin healthy again)

Buffalo

Boston (contending for division title until April, unless Timmy gets tooled or the Sabres go flat. At that point, assuming we're in working order, we will probably end up repeating last year... seeming to almost be in a position to take control of the division title, but coming up a bit short.)

Tampa

Montreal (if our lines click and Tampa losing Gagne hurts, it could flip. Or we sink lower. Tampa is a lot like us with goaltending. If their guy doesn't steal games, they drop.)

New Jersey (Still unproven. Brodeur is just getting older and Kovalchuk's very impressive second half was still not enough. I don't believe that their season was a fluke. I think they're just no longer a dominant eastern conference team.)

Rangers

--------

Philadelphia (really close. maybe one of those last game of the season deals, unless Philly's team doesn't work. Then the Rangers compete to knock down Tampa, with New Jersey and the Islanders plus one of the March/April log jam teams fighting for seventh. But you know what happens in Glen Sather's New York: A big name gets signed and forgets how to play hockey, so...)

Islanders (Young powerhouse in the making. They won't repeat last season, unless another Pittsburgh incident happens and they lose some players.)

Winnipeg

Toronto

Carolina (March/April log jam. Carolina is the most damaged of the three, and has a good chance of contending for a lottery pick if Ward performs less than admirably. Winnipeg is still the Atlanta Thrashers who dominated in the first half and stunk up the sunbelt for the rest of the year. If ownership stability turns out to be the difference, they can do nothing but rise.)

Florida (No, nine, they're still not good. :P:lol:)

Ottawa (Last by a long shot. Yakupov anyone?)

That enough words for you guys? :lol:

I'll repost my thoughts from the Florida Panthers thread with a bit more of my somewhat suspicious "analysis", which is in-between Toronto sports radio quality and Sportsnet with a flu going around quality...

Washington (Vokoun allows a more offensive, defensively irresponsible game. They dominate the SE with complete ease.)

Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin healthy again)

Buffalo

Boston (contending for division title until April, unless Timmy gets tooled or the Sabres go flat. At that point, assuming we're in working order, we will probably end up repeating last year... seeming to almost be in a position to take control of the division title, but coming up a bit short.)

Tampa

Montreal (if our lines click and Tampa losing Gagne hurts, it could flip. Or we sink lower. Tampa is a lot like us with goaltending. If their guy doesn't steal games, they drop.)

New Jersey (Still unproven. Brodeur is just getting older and Kovalchuk's very impressive second half was still not enough. I don't believe that their season was a fluke. I think they're just no longer a dominant eastern conference team.)

Rangers

--------

Philadelphia (really close. maybe one of those last game of the season deals, unless Philly's team doesn't work. Then the Rangers compete to knock down Tampa, with New Jersey and the Islanders plus one of the March/April log jam teams fighting for seventh. But you know what happens in Glen Sather's New York: A big name gets signed and forgets how to play hockey, so...)

Islanders (Young powerhouse in the making. They won't repeat last season, unless another Pittsburgh incident happens and they lose some players.)

Winnipeg

Toronto

Carolina (March/April log jam. Carolina is the most damaged of the three, and has a good chance of contending for a lottery pick if Ward performs less than admirably. Winnipeg is still the Atlanta Thrashers who dominated in the first half and stunk up the sunbelt for the rest of the year. If ownership stability turns out to be the difference, they can do nothing but rise.)

Florida (No, nine, they're still not good. :P:lol:)

Ottawa (Last by a long shot. Yakupov anyone?)

That enough words for you guys? :lol:

FLorida is still better than toronto, and winnipeg.

Guest Regis2

Pretty much and if the current D stands as it is and there are injuries ....... :(

Pittsburg , Washington, Boston, Tampa .....I figure should be the same , unless there's a letdown with the Bruins or Timmy T reverts to two years ago

Buffalo, Rangers and ..............Toronto should, on paper , be better

Philly .......lots of changes ,Carolina, NJD I don't what to expect .

Florida, OttawA and Islanders should still s*ck

HABS ....D is mediocre IMO .so i guess we'll see

I think its still a little too early to say. We're still not certain how Gauthier will round out the team. Its also very difficult to say how players like Yemelin will fit in and if any young players can make the squad.

Imho, baring injuries and assuming Gauthier still adds a top 4 defensman and decent 3rd line winger, we could finish as high as top 4 in the conference. I think this is a team that could possibly score by committee (we have up to 6 or 7 players who could all get 50+ points, although not many who will go beyond that).

Obviously, a great deal of our season is going to hang on Price's play once again. A repeat of last year & we should certainly be good enough for the post season, regardless of what else happens.

Tell that to 10. :P;)

UH-HUH,,,,,skeptic,,,,,,,,,,,, B)

2e735d384c1f66812fa748b385b01b7af8f.gif

You're gonna have to come up with something better than that.;)

This is a very premature prediction of the Eastern Conference final standings. I will put a point prediction also just to express my feelings about how close or far teams will get spotted.

1. Washington Capitals 119 pts.

2. Pittsburgh Penguins 106 pts.

3. Boston Bruins 99 pts.

4. Montreal Canadiens 98 pts.

5. New York Rangers 96 pts.

6. Buffalo Sabres 96 pts.

7. Tampa Bay Lightning 94 pts.

8. New Jersey Devils 93 pts.

9. Philadelphia Flyers 93 pts.

10.Carolina Hurricanes 91 pts.

11.Toronto Maple Leafs 91 pts.

12.New York Islanders 91 pts.

13.Winnipeg Jets 84 pts.

14.Florida Panthers 81 pts.

15.Ottawa Senators 78 pts.

1. Washington

2. Boston

3. Pittsburgh

4. Buffalo

5. Rangers

6. Tampa

7. Philly

8. Toronto

-----------------

9. Carolina

10. New Jersey

11.Panthers

12.Islanders

13.Montreal

14.Senators

15.Winnipeg

1. Washington

2. Boston

3. Pittsburgh

4. Buffalo

5. Rangers

6. Tampa

7. Philly

8. Toronto

-----------------

9. Carolina

10. New Jersey

11.Panthers

12.Islanders

13.Montreal

14.Senators

15.Winnipeg

:lol: Any comments you wanna add to this list Kinot-1?

133 is just going for the drafting order next year. B)

Oh aren't we on the ball today.:rolleyes:

I picked the Habs 13th the year they finished 1st in 2007-08, figured I'd go back there see what happens. The unfortunate reality is that the 2 teams right below us got better (as did we) but it will be tough to finish higher than 6-7-8 again without even more dramatic Carey magic and Markov actually playing 60+ games.

Oh aren't we on the ball today.:rolleyes:

that be me. :) On the ball as usual. ;)

I picked the Habs 13th the year they finished 1st in 2007-08, figured I'd go back there see what happens. The unfortunate reality is that the 2 teams right below us got better (as did we) but it will be tough to finish higher than 6-7-8 again without even more dramatic Carey magic and Markov actually playing 60+ games.

You had better be right!!!! :angry:

:lol:

You nearly got me upset until I read this,if they win when you pick them 13th you can do that all you want,every one is talking about who got better and all the new players that have been added to different teams,but new players don't always fit in straight away,and sometimes never gel,at least we have the same core and as long as they don't spend 11 minutes of a period on the penalty kill,we will be a lot better,that was the reason we didn't score much last season,it's hard to score on the penalty kill.

Archived