The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Post of the day 2011-2012

Hi everyone,

Since this thread has been a success for two years now, we're bringing it back.

Below is an explanation on what constitutes a "post of the day"

The general thought process behind this is quite simple. There are hundreds if not thousands of posts here daily. There are a few in particular that stand out. Whether it’s a funny post that made you laugh out loud, a witty post, a well thought out post that swayed your opinion on a certain topic or just a well written post that you enjoyed reading.

We often see members that reply to a post saying “QFT (quoted for truth)” or the new trend “THIS” meaning that they approve or share the same opinion. We often see members reply to a post laughing using smilies etc.

What I propose we do is just copy and paste that post from the thread where that certain member made you experience any one of the above emotions. There will be no prizes, no voting on any of this. Then why do it you ask. Just as a simple gesture of acknowledgment towards that individual that brightened your day.

There will be no prizes,

Dammit :rolleyes:

Excellent post by habs_93

Well, I think there's an outside chance we'll contend for division title and claim 3rd. And I think there's a more than fair chance that we rise to 5th and maybe fight for 4th. What makes me slightly hopeful this year is that for the first time in what feels like a while, I can see us fighting to go up instead of hanging on for dear life and trying not to slip too far. Naturally, anything can change overnight. But I look at the teams "ahead" and "below" us in the east, and I think we have a lot more in common with the contenders than the rest.

A whole lot of people (not just here) are overrating teams like the Rangers, Devils, Flyers, Sabres, and Hurricanes. Glen Sather can cut as many gigantic checks as he wants, but it never works. Bure, Lindros, etc. I know Gretzky wasn't his move, but still. The Rangers do not have a good record with FAs. The Devils are not a lock anymore. The Sabres did not make gigantic, earth-shattering moves and Miller is still overrated. The Flyers have made some seemingly positive moves. But it's such a huge shakeup, one has to wonder if it'll work right. And the Hurricanes are on a Leaf-signing frenzy. I don't think they're going anywhere, especially if Skinner doesn't repeat his Calder-winning performance.

There's plenty of room to breathe a little bit and be hopeful and happy. :)

Exactly what I was gonna write.:rolleyes:

Gotta keep up, old man. This is my thread this season. B)

:lol:

Lol....your off to a good start,great post indeed.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From the Gomez thread:

As I've always said, fitting salaries under the cap is the GM's job. But once the players are in the line-up, you don't bench a guy just because he's scoring less goals-per-dollar-spent. Gomez is still the center with the second-best overall game on the team and you don't sit him just out of spite for the money he's making. We're a better team with a healthy Gomez in the line-up, end of story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the

Habs trade Spacek to Hurricanes for Kaberle thread....

Posted Today, 04:06 PM

weepingminotaur, on 09 December 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

I really think we should give this trade a chance before we crap all over it. .

• 2 weeks later...

Matter of opinion. I don't happen to think the refs are out to get us. I do happen to believe that some Habs fans need to watch more NHL games than don't involve our team. You'll see marginal calls all over the place. It is what it is, but IMO it's not a conspiracy, which is just a security blanket for us, so we don't have to accept the bitter truth ... that our team just isn't very good.

I really like Twillightzone's take on the so-called language debate

Followed some of the discussion about this...circus today and can say its beyond belief that some so called educated men and women speak about respect and more or less demands that the coach should speak French to some existent.

Sure its a good thing to speak the language where you work but in the case of hockey that really isn't necessary because English is probably used anyway during practice etc. So why is it so hard for some to live with the fact the rest of the world don't really speak French? Newsflash to all ignorant people respect goes two ways and not being able to let all canadiens fans/potential coaches/co workers and players feeling welcome is far more disrespectful. In my world everybody that associates themselves with a team allegiance/organization etc is of course welcome. Cant say that I have that feeling about Mtl Canadiens anymore, which is very sad indeed.

Another problem is that if you only look at the province of Quebec its the base for the family of the habs but some seems to forget that fans isnt solely in Quebec. They are all over the world (but after this I am pretty sure they feel insulted and may leave). If The brass cares or not is up to them but be very careful for what you are wishing for.....shades of the early 1930's isn't all that far away!

Be proud of your heritage but don't exclude anybody that wants to be a part of your family. You'll live to regret it and be quite lonely when you wake up.

End of rant.

This is more serious than a simple rant though imo.

Seems to many have their own agenda and use the beloved habs to achieve it politically and that's so very sad.

Cheers people.

In the PG thread... exactly what I'm thinking too. People are upset and just looking to blame everyone they can, and the media is propagating this irresponsibly because that's what the media does here.

Honestly, what has "this guy" done as GM that makes you want to fire him? And don't give me one line of tripe about the team not winning enough or being too soft or whatever.

Eric Cole. Too soft? Not doing enough to help? How about Eller? How about Emelin? Gorges? Price? Diaz? And jeeze, what about that Kaberle? That guy's trade was such a terrible desperation move that he's only single-handedly re-ignighted our power play.

Our small, under-performing veterans? Wasn't Gauthier. Spacek's bloated contract on defence? Wasn't Gauthier - oh wait, but he got rid of it anyway! Seriously folks, look past your frustration with how the team is playing and look at what our GM (and not the guy before him) has actually done.

I know that I've made several very similar posts in this thread over the last few days, but it frustrates me to no end to see nobody respond with any sort of argument but then five people write in with short posts saying "we're too soft" and "fire the bum!".

Now normally I don't get too worked up about what people write on a message board. After all, we're all just here to have some fun and maybe vent a little bit; none of it really matters. But in this case these short "fire him" posts are exactly what is being repeated again and again by fans all over Montreal and by a good portion of the media. Many of those writers are people who, in my opinion, don't actually have much of an opinion but just like to parrot back whatever someone else said that they think people want to hear (seriously folks, HOW MANY TIMES did we have to hear about the number of minutes Darche played in his last game under Martin???). And the problem is that Geoff Molson is really just another fan in Montreal who is going to be influenced by the other fans and the talking heads. So yeah, Gauthier probably WILL be fired after this year. And it will be a shame, and it will be to the detriment of this hockey club.

So please, somebody - anybody - tell me what Gauthier has done that makes you think that someone else would do a better job as GM. Just write me an argument! You don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you. I'd just like to see a stop to the endless cycle of posting/speaking/writing out of frustration without actually giving the matter any thought. Because I personally believe that if more people actually thought critically about what Gauthier has done, a lot less people would be calling for his head.

In the PG thread... exactly what I'm thinking too. People are upset and just looking to blame everyone they can, and the media is propagating this irresponsibly because that's what the media does here.

Totally agree PG has done nothing but good for our team as far as I can see,it is not his fault that we have the smurfs nor is it his fault that nobody will take them from us,would you?.

I feel that we are too hard on PG,he is totally tied by contracts not of his making,just because he doesn't like to shout his mouth off,they say terrible things about him,he is just a quiet man.Leave him alone he is doing well for us considering the constraints he has.

GO PG GO :D :D

• 1 month later...

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Hey, it's nice to score. It's been a long time. The most important thing is we got the two points." -- Canadiens' Scott Gomez on ending his year-long goal scoring drought

Archived