The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Places That "WOWED" You

kinot-1

Being someone who likes to travel, (but within reason), I was wondering if some of you had any "jaw-dropping, speechless" places that you would go back to in an instant?

Now, being of modest means, I know I will never get to Tokyo, Australia, Europe, or a lot of other places that many of you have been to, but if you are specific enough,,,the rest of us could Google it (either, "images or video", or on YouTube) and see just what it is all about.

Now, some of us (read 123, and a few others) maybe haven't been to a lot of places, but this will possibly make them think about going there.

So,,without further adieu,,,,here we go.

My favorite place to recommend is the Grand Canyon, if only because pictures and videos can't do it justice. You drive to the parking lot (which is in the trees),,,get out and proceed to the rim. As you get closer the trees get thinner and then before you know it, your just in awe of all you see.

If you ever have the chance, go.

:)

I get wowed by Vegas every time i go. My favourite place to go by far. Went to Europe way back in the 70's and left with some good memories. Always wanted to go to Japan. Its on my bucket list along with going to B.C. and Alaska.

Lot of people talk about Niagara falls but i only live 30 minutes away, so its no big deal for me. I guess if you've never been,,,it's worth a look. Huge tourist draw and not the cheapest place to visit.

I was lucky to go Portugal in 2008 and I was even luckier that the friend I went with had an aunt that lived there. I would go back in an instant.

Nazare, Portugal:

nazare-nazarra.jpg

What's cool is where the photo was taken from. Up high on a mountain you could say and there is a little church up there along with this great view. You take a little trolly thing up the side (which is a cool ride in and of itself)to get up there.

I went to many other amazing places in Portugal that "wowed" me and even though they all stick in my mind this was was particularly awesome.

One other one:

The Sistine Chapel. I was a kid when my mom took me to Italy and I admittedly don't remember much. This, however, i do remember. Walking around and just being in complete awe of what I was seeing. Looking with my head up and not knowing where I shoud look there was some many things to look at. Years later, I would actually realise how lucky I was to have seen the things I did when I was there. It's just SO beautiful.

sistine-chapel-404_680767c.jpg

This thread is awesome kinot!

The Bell Center ( along with Firststar's tattoo shop) B)

WOW

That feeling was incredible and it was everything a "wowing" experience would include.

+1

not been that many places :(

It's doesn't always have to be away from home. There are things that I see at home that wow me. Like sunsets at the lake front by the boardwalk. Or just the way some streets or houses look. I guess it all depends on what wows you.

As for Niagra Falls, seeing that in the dead of winter with everything frozen around it and the ice and snow is pretty cool.

Even going ice fishing and seeing the vast expanse of frozen lake with snow and it's freezing yet the sun is so bright you get a tan lol

NYC is where I'd want to go someday...."to be WOWED".

THEY HAVE MONKEYS ON CHAIRS!!!!!

come over here and see them swinging throughout the house. :P

Why am I not surprised? ;)

hello28.gif

A few years ago,,,my GF (at the time) went back-country camping near Peterborough Ont. We had set up camp on a rock on a small lake. We gathered branches and started a fire for the evening and all was quiet, once the sun went down. No loons,,no sounds except for our talking. When it got very dark, (except for the fire), we looked up at the stars (no moon that night), and could see various satellites going overhead. Just her and I. I will never forget that night.

Manotick, Ontario. It's probably not really anything special in the eyes of most people, but my grandparents live in Manotick, and I've been going there ever since I can remember. I love it there, mostly because of a place called Watson's Mill, which we go to visit everytime we're there.

2irx9jo.jpg

126a4wm.jpg

4j9jzk.jpg

2s626ig.jpg

2hpsiag.jpg

vdo7jp.jpg

2crqagy.jpg

I will never tire of coming here.

Manotick, Ontario. It's probably not really anything special in the eyes of most people, but my grandparents live in Manotick, and I've been going there ever since I can remember. I love it there, mostly because of a place called Watson's Mill, which we go to visit everytime we're there.

2irx9jo.jpg

126a4wm.jpg

4j9jzk.jpg

2s626ig.jpg

2hpsiag.jpg

vdo7jp.jpg

2crqagy.jpg

I will never tire of coming here.

It looks "somewhat" similiar" to the old mill (I think) at Elora Gorge. Very nice Clues. Just the building tho,,,not the dam.

It looks "somewhat" similiar" to the old mill (I think) at Elora Gorge. Very nice Clues. Just the building tho,,,not the dam.

There's also quite a few ducks that go there, and you can buy food inside of the mill to feed them. It's actually really fun.

16huluu.jpg

2qxuyyw.jpg

10s7mfm.jpg

It's also supposedly haunted, which makes it all the more interesting (IMO).

I generally dont 'wow' easily but a few places did leave an impression on me:

Niagara Falls in winter

Landing in Vancouver (the contrast of the sea and the mountains is breathtaking)

My first Carabean trip in winter (the contrast of going from a snow storm to humid summer weather is special)

Walking on the London bridge and visiting the London tower (SO much history, you can feel it in the air ... stop rioting you bunch of idiots!)

Anything Manhattan

The beauty of the scenery driving through the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia

Notre Dame church in Montreal

Magic Kingdom in Orlando

As for the Bell Centre , well, it doesn't wow me anymore, instead I go into withdrawal if I dont go often enough :lol:

I'm getting ready for an extended stay in the alley for this, but... Toronto. I've loved all the time I've spent there. I get why people hate it (and its residents), but I don't.

I'm sure its a nice city,

I really can't say i've been anywhere special,

being in the gateway arch was cool.

Archived