The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tickets Thread 2011-2012

• 3 weeks later...

PARTIAL PLANS (5 to 10 games)

On sale September 3 at 10:00 a.m.

Purchase limit: Maximum of 2 tickets for a maximum of 1 pack per client. In other words, you can select only one pack and purchase a maximum of 2 tickets for that pack.

On sale only via Internet on canadiens.com

To access the on-sale, visit canadiens.com September 3 between 9:15 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. to enter the virtual waiting room.

More details here: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53060

-------------------------------------------------

REGULAR SEASON TICKETS – (Individual games)

On sale September 10 at 10:00 a.m.

Purchase limit: One game per person with a maximum of 4 tickets for the selected game

Only one transaction per person is allowed.

On sale only via Internet on canadiens.com

To access the on-sale, visit canadiens.com September 10 between 9:15 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. to enter the virtual waiting room.

More details here: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56633

Those ticket prices have shot up yet again this year, especially for the optimum games. I know the demand is there for Habs' tickets but frankly, the Habs are alienating the common fan with those outrageous prices. It may be good for them to rake in the immediate profit, but it's not going to be good for the fan base long term.

Those ticket prices have shot up yet again this year, especially for the optimum games. I know the demand is there for Habs' tickets but frankly, the Habs are alienating the common fan with those outrageous prices. It may be good for them to rake in the immediate profit, but it's not going to be good for the fan base long term.

How possible is it to get tickets if I try right at 10am on Sept 10th? I know they sell out fast but we are going to Montreal and want to see a game on 11/19 and want to make sure we get tickets. I see on Stubhub they have tickets but they are double the price, also not sure if stubhub tickets are real or not. Does anyone know other places to get tickets reasonably priced?

thanks

How possible is it to get tickets if I try right at 10am on Sept 10th? I know they sell out fast but we are going to Montreal and want to see a game on 11/19 and want to make sure we get tickets. I see on Stubhub they have tickets but they are double the price, also not sure if stubhub tickets are real or not. Does anyone know other places to get tickets reasonably priced?

thanks

The only place where you can have tickets at reasonable price is from the Habs website. Anywhere else, they're sold at a premium. Stub Hub tickets are real, there's no worry to have about it, I use their services quite often and never had a problem. Best advice would be to try your luck on the tickets page of the Habs website (link posted above) Sept 10, log in a bit before 10 am and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work then, I'm afraid you'll have to use online brokers and pay quite more than face value.

The only place where you can have tickets at reasonable price is from the Habs website. Anywhere else, they're sold at a premium. Stub Hub tickets are real, there's no worry to have about it, I use their services quite often and never had a problem. Best advice would be to try your luck on the tickets page of the Habs website (link posted above) Sept 10, log in a bit before 10 am and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work then, I'm afraid you'll have to use online brokers and pay quite more than face value.

I'm really surprised that they're allowed to do this, I take it there must be some agreement in place. Do you ever get touts/ scalpers selling tickets outside the arena? Habsfan40, good luck with getting some tickets, I hope you get to take in a game. :)

I'm really surprised that they're allowed to do this, I take it there must be some agreement in place. Do you ever get touts/ scalpers selling tickets outside the arena? Habsfan40, good luck with getting some tickets, I hope you get to take in a game. :)

Every single game. It's not legal but they're left to do their business. The authorities focus their resources on maintaining peace & order. Periodically there may be 'raids' to stop them but cut one head, 10 more grow back so they don't really bother.

Every single game. It's not legal but they're left to do their business. The authorities focus their resources on maintaining peace & order. Periodically there may be 'raids' to stop them but cut one head, 10 more grow back so they don't really bother.

I've no problem with guys selling tickets outside at face value but have no time for the ones selling tickets outside stadia for profit....it's seems to be the same the world over, the authorities generally turn a blind eye. I'd rather miss a game than line the pockets of these people!!!! On a different subject, I really enjoyed your and your families roadtrip photos, it looks as if you all had so much fun, and met lots of people.....thanks for sharing.:D

I've no problem with guys selling tickets outside at face value but have no time for the ones selling tickets outside stadia for profit....it's seems to be the same the world over, the authorities generally turn a blind eye. I'd rather miss a game than line the pockets of these people!!!! On a different subject, I really enjoyed your and your families roadtrip photos, it looks as if you all had so much fun, and met lots of people.....thanks for sharing.:D

The big issue is that scalping tickets has gone from being a handful of guys standing outside the arena to a huge industry of companies re-selling tickets on the internet for a big mark-up. These websites have automated programs that help them to load up on large quantities of tickets when they go on sale, thus depleting the market, increasing demand, and thus boosting the re-sale value up enormously. It's illegal, yet the police and law enforcement have turned a blind eye to it. But even if you're not buying tickets directly from these places, every ticket's price has gone up several fold because the Habs know they can sell them and they don't care if they're sold to a common fan or a company, so long as their bottom dollar goes up. Sad but true because despite the salary cap, the savings owners are making are not being passed along to the fans.

According to HIO....OPTIMUM GAMES

Here are the games for which a top-price ticket exceeds $400:

Calgary on Oct. 13

Boston on Oct. 29

Pittsburgh on Nov. 26

Washington on Jan. 18

Detroit on Jan. 25

Pittsburgh on Feb. 7

Boston on Feb. 15

Boston on March 3

Tampa Bay on April 4

Toronto on April 7

All three Leafs visits are on the premium list, but the Nov. 21 Bruins game at the Bell Centre will be regular-price (which ain’t cheap, either.)

There were a dozen Optimum games last season, when the top price was $335.

According to HIO....OPTIMUM GAMES

Here are the games for which a top-price ticket exceeds $400:

$400+ is for first row platimum section , not many of those available anyway, usually just a few singles for rows with an odd number of seats where season tix could not all be sold in pairs ;)

Anybody planning on trying to get tickets to games in cities other than Montreal?

I might, if I can convince my cousins to hit up a Habs game again this year...We did the April 2nd New Jersey game last season and that was just too much fun...

I might, if I can convince my cousins to hit up a Habs game again this year...We did the April 2nd New Jersey game last season and that was just too much fun...

How was the atmosphere in NJ? Haven't been there yet but it's close enough that I might venture down one day.

How was the atmosphere in NJ? Haven't been there yet but it's close enough that I might venture down one day.

It was amazing with all the Habs fans there :lol: ... Newark itself is basically Manhattan's diaper ... It's ugly and gross ... The Prudential Centre is actually a really nice rink ... We met a few Devils fans who were really nice at this one pub, they bought us drinks and took our Ole's Ole's and Go Habs Go's with light hearts ... We ran into a few people from Newark (not hockey fans) who well ... Lol you don't want to walk up the wrong street there ...

Anybody planning on trying to get tickets to games in cities other than Montreal?

Me as usual but I have not decided exactly which yet. ON the radar are the usual culprits: Islanders & Devils , Lightning and Panthers, no Boston for sure this year though. I'l looking into maybe the NYR/Caps back to back in March or Maybe Chicago in December or Philadelphia. It will all depend on my daughters' schedules.

It was amazing with all the Habs fans there :lol: ... Newark itself is basically Manhattan's diaper ... It's ugly and gross ... The Prudential Centre is actually a really nice rink ... We met a few Devils fans who were really nice at this one pub, they bought us drinks and took our Ole's Ole's and Go Habs Go's with light hearts ... We ran into a few people from Newark (not hockey fans) who well ... Lol you don't want to walk up the wrong street there ...

That sums it up. I dont know why, I love going there (the arena not the city)

Hello everyone

I want to fly to Montreal (I'm Swiss) to watch a few games in February. And since it is an 8 hours flight I want to make sure that I have the tickets in advance. :-)

So my quesion: What is the best possibility to purchase the tickets? I checked out the Canadiens Homepage and saw that single game tickets are available on September 10 but the buyers are chosen on a random basis.

Are there other possibilities to get some tickets in advance?

Thx for your answers!

Hello everyone

I want to fly to Montreal (I'm Swiss) to watch a few games in February. And since it is an 8 hours flight I want to make sure that I have the tickets in advance. :-)

So my quesion: What is the best possibility to purchase the tickets? I checked out the Canadiens Homepage and saw that single game tickets are available on September 10 but the buyers are chosen on a random basis.

Thx for your answers!

Yes there are other ways but not many tickets are available at this point. I'm always able to get tickets each year from the Canadiens home page. I suggest that you try to get yours on Sept 10 and if it doesn't work, then you can try the other (more expensive) options.

Hello everyone

Thx for your answers!

If you have a browser with tabs, open up several on the waiting room page. When tickets went on a couple of years ago at least 3/4 of the windows I had open (about 10) were able to go in to purchase tickets.

Archived