The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Out of Town Thread 2011-2012

Hotels certainly aren't something missing downtown Montreal, but you cant go wrong with the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, the Marriott Château Champlain or the Hôtel de la Montagne and quite a few others. Have a look on hotels.com or Expedia, you'll should find the one that most suits your price range.

Just a question how is the delta or the super 8 in Montreal?

I was looking at t-shirts on the Canadiens boutique website. 31.99 for a Price t-shirt is a little steep. Is there anywhere else that sells Canadiens merchandise in Montreal for a better price?

Edit: Im not sure if this is an official team stores website

link removed

If no can someone please give info on the store at the bell centre?

I was looking at t-shirts on the Canadiens boutique website. 31.99 for a Price t-shirt is a little steep. Is there anywhere else that sells Canadiens merchandise in Montreal for a better price?

Edit: Im not sure if this is an official team stores website

link removed

If no can someone please give info on the store at the bell centre?

I removed that link HTB because it's not affiliated with the Canadiens in any way. The official Canadiens online store is found here: http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3176612

• 4 weeks later...

I was bored this afternoon so I planned a 82 games attendance season just to see how much such an adventure would cost for two:

Airfare: $30,887

Hotels (walking distance of arenas): $10,680

Ground transportation (excl in Montreal): $3,433

Hockey tix lowest price I could find (including service fees and delivery): $15,305

Hockey tix within 5 rows of the ice, all games (including service fees and delivery): $66,951

Total nosebleeds: $60,305

Total ice level: $111,951

** runs to make retirement plans **

B)

I was bored this afternoon so I planned a 82 games attendance season just to see how much such an adventure would cost for two:

Airfare: $30,887

Hotels (walking distance of arenas): $10,680

Ground transportation (excl in Montreal): $3,433

Hockey tix lowest price I could find (including service fees and delivery): $15,305

Hockey tix within 5 rows of the ice, all games (including service fees and delivery): $66,951

Total nosebleeds: $60,305

Total ice level: $111,951

** runs to make retirement plans **

B)

Add another $30,000 for beer and $10 dollar hot dogs

I never count those for trips because beer and food have to be bought whether on a hockey trip or not ;)

i just read a report about how the us population is going to take the amount of acres available for farming from 1.8 to .6 from now to 2050. And the price of food will go up from 3 to 5 fold in the same amount of time. i also studied the report on dredging and using slurry to move soil around which the state tried north of mattoon here in illinois and believe me with the ogalala aquafer going dry in 40 years- we're in food trouble. so GHC is right and we should all practice paying as little as we can for food cause the crunch is coming sooner than we'd want.

just a thought. :huh:

i just read a report about how the us population is going to take the amount of acres available for farming from 1.8 to .6 from now to 2050. And the price of food will go up from 3 to 5 fold in the same amount of time. i also studied the report on dredging and using slurry to move soil around which the state tried north of mattoon here in illinois and believe me with the ogalala aquafer going dry in 40 years- we're in food trouble. so GHC is right and we should all practice paying as little as we can for food cause the crunch is coming sooner than we'd want.

just a thought. :huh:

sure but whether you're going to a hockey game or not, you have to eat, it wont cost more or less one way or the other

Hoping to get to a game or two over my christmas holidays this year, but there are only tickets available for the 17th of DEC against the Devils and Jan 4th against the Jets. Theres been some talk of myself, my father and my grandfather going to Montreal to see a game. They are doing it just for me as my grandfather is a Detroit fan and father is a B's fan (yuck). As well, I'm going to talk to a few of my friends about taking a trip up there to see a game with them too. Maybe if I play my cards right I can get out for both!!

If even one of these plans really happens, expect me back here asking loads of questions!

Any recommendations for Hotels. We are coming up the weekend of 11/19 for 3 nights. Nothing too fancy but nothing seedy either.

Thanks

The Nouvel Hotel and Spa on Rene Levesque is a good one and your only like a 10 minute walk ( dont know how slow, fast you walk) from the Bell Centre. Lots of places to eat along the way or if you want to go for a drink too.

Last time i was in Montreal my wife and I stayed at the Hotel Kutuma on St. Denis St. It's more geared towards long term stays (mini fridge, stove etc) It sits on top of a Ethopian Restaurant ( food wasn't bad but not to die for) and your only a few minutes from the nearest metro station. Less then 10 minutes to get to the Bell Centre via the metro. One of the stops puts you right under the Bell Centre. Up a couple sets of stairs and your right there :)

Hi, I am hoping to get some information about making a trip to the Habs vs Carolina game in February. I am a Canes fan, as I live in NC, but every year my sister and dad and myself make a road trip to see the Canes play. We have been doing this for 7 years now and are eventually going to make it to all the arenas. This year Montreal is our target!! So, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a couple things. One, tickets. I know they give out more tickets a month in advance, but I didn't know if I should count on that or try another ticket website and hope I'm not paying too much. Two, I am interested in knowing some must eat at places or must see places? I've been in many websites researching as we always do before a trip but I'm having a harder time finding stuff. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Hi, I am hoping to get some information about making a trip to the Habs vs Carolina game in February. I am a Canes fan, as I live in NC, but every year my sister and dad and myself make a road trip to see the Canes play. We have been doing this for 7 years now and are eventually going to make it to all the arenas. This year Montreal is our target!! So, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a couple things. One, tickets. I know they give out more tickets a month in advance, but I didn't know if I should count on that or try another ticket website and hope I'm not paying too much. Two, I am interested in knowing some must eat at places or must see places? I've been in many websites researching as we always do before a trip but I'm having a harder time finding stuff. Thanks for any help you can give me!

The ticket sales are unfortunately already done for the year, although the Canadiens will put a few seats on sale on the 15th of the month or two prior to the games (for February that would either be Dec or Jan 15th). You can find that info on the Habs regular website under the tickets link. Otherwise, there are many sites offering re-sale of tickets at more expensive prices and you'll find info about some of those in our tickets thread in this forum (just scroll down).

There are many excellent restaurants and things to do in Montreal. A lot depends on what you like to eat and do. I'd personally recommend not spending money at the actual arena because of the prices, but you can find a lot of places nearby downtown. Let us know if you have some type of place or food in mind specifically.

Hey there, just got a few questions about some NHL shops in Montreal. Would you recommend me to buy some things in these shops or online? But please consider that there will be great shipping costs to Europe.

A friend and myself are going to visit Montreal in february and we both look for some fan products. I guess it's easy to find some Canadiens stuff for me but he is searching for Boston :rolleyes:

Another question is, what are the places you HAVE to visit. It's my first time in this city so I don't know very much about it... Maybe you guys could give me some hints or websites?

Sorry if it's not the right place. Couldn't find another thread. :)

Moved this post to here if somebody wishes to reply. ;)

what hotel are the lowest price around where the area is because im going to the home opener

You can do a quick and easy search on hotel.ca . Type in where you want to go (Bell Centre Montréal, QC), enter the date of your stay, adjust the Price range to what you're ready to pay and sort the results by proximity to the destination. There are A LOT of options and the Bell Centre is very easily accessible from anywhere downtown either on foot or with the metro. Once you've set your sights on a couple of potential choices, it will be easier to give you an opinion :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reposting this from the "You went to a game? Come in and share your experience" thread

Good News - Long time Habs Fan from the Southwest and I am coming to Montreal for my first Canadiens' game on October 29th against the Bruins. Very excited to see the centre and Centennial Plaza and just experience Montreal.

BAD NEWS: I am joined by my best friend and a long time Bruins' fan. I don't hold it against him.

Any information you locals have for us would be much appreciated. I am picking up plane tickets now and a hotel.

We are mid 30's and we like clubs and bars. We will need a good spot to watch the Canadiens @ Bruins game at a "locals favorite sports bar."

We plan to stay in a hotel near the bell centre. Will be checking out the city sights alog with the clubs, and underground city etc. We plan to arrive Thursday afternoon.

Please pass on any tips as to what airport to land in and hotel to stay at. We want to be central.

Thanks all. I look forward to arriving.

Todd A Phillips

todd@toddaphillips.com

Airport: there's only one in Montréal so that would be Pierre Eliott Trudeau Airport (YUL)

Hotel: see my post above, however you cant go wrong with the Marriott Château Champlain, the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or the Bonaventure Hilton, all walking distance from the Bell Centre and everything

Sports bar to watch the Habs @ Booins game: the most popular is always La Cage aux Sports, you can have supper there too but they require reservations for game nights. There's also the Peel Pub and quite a few others but I'll leave it to other members to help you with that one as I rarely watch games in bars

Other bars/ clubs: there are many popular ones on Crescent street and on St-Laurent boulevard

Those infos are for you, now here are the ones for your Booins fan friend:

Aiport: Logan International, Boston MA

... nah... just kidding ;)

Good News - Long time Habs Fan from the Southwest and I am coming to Montreal for my first Canadiens' game on October 29th against the Bruins. Very excited to see the centre and Centennial Plaza and just experience Montreal.

BAD NEWS: I am joined by my best friend and a long time Bruins' fan. I don't hold it against him.

Any information you locals have for us would be much appreciated. I am picking up plane tickets now and a hotel.

We are mid 30's and we like clubs and bars. We will need a good spot to watch the Canadiens @ Bruins game at a "locals favorite sports bar."

We plan to stay in a hotel near the bell centre. Will be checking out the city sights alog with the clubs, and underground city etc. We plan to arrive Thursday afternoon.

Please pass on any tips as to what airport to land in and hotel to stay at. We want to be central.

Thanks all. I look forward to arriving.

Todd A Phillips

todd@toddaphillips.com

Col -

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to this trip. It's actually a bet we made prior to game 6 last year. If Montreal would have lost, I'd be traveling to Boston for the Thursday game.

I am in Phoenix (but from California) and he is in California. Our game 7 bet was to attend the winner's teams trip to the West coast with Games in LA and Anaheim, so I will be cheering on the Ducks and Kings for a couple games this year.

We are arriving Thursday at 4:45 in Montreal. Please, everyone feel free to meet us at the airport and BOOO his arrival since he is a Bruins' fan. Gotta make him feel welcome and all.

Thursday night we'll be watching the game somewhere and looking for some bars, clubs and other entertainment for the night, Friday night, and Saturday after the game. Any and all recommendations are welcome. We want to have a ton of fun and stories from this trip.

Day time, we'll definitely be touring Centennial Plaza and anything else Les Habitants related. What recommendations do you all have for sight seeing. Underground City area? Historic Districts, etc. I am a photographer (well I'm a Realtor doing fix and flip Real Estate here in Phoenix but a hobbyist photographer) and would love to come home with some great shots of the city and of course the game.

tickets are in section 111 row J - so I should be just above the glass and away from the netting.

Todd Phillips

todd@toddaphillips.com

If you want to see all things Hab, on game day you may want to visit the Hall of Fame located under the Bell Centre.

Most of the underground is metro (subway), shopping malls and walkways to go from one place to the other. Nothing much to 'see' in there per say. To take pictures, there are quite a few beautiful old churches and cathedrals if you're into that; there's the old Montreal district that is what gives Montréal its European charm... if you're lucky enough to have good weather, maybe you could consider hopping on a double decker tour bus. This way you'd see all the landmarks.

As for your friend, he will most certainly get the "warmest of welcome" at the Bell Centre if he wears anything with a Booins logo on it :D Oh and section 111 is my personal favorite in the building, watched lots of game sitting there. Perfect for pics during the warmup and lots of great shots of Carey Price. Just a note about taking pics at games though, dont bring a reflex camera with detachable lenses, they wont let you use it, specially not in 111 the security dude in that section is rather stiff (to stay polite).

Archived