The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2011-2012 Forum Yahoo Fantasy League

Hey Everyone,

So I thought it would be fun if we did a yahoo league this year. Registration starts sometime this month and that is when I will register a league and invite those who volunteer to partake. You do need a yahoo email, I made one last year for my league, if you don't have one, its easy to create.

We will either do a live draft or an autopick draft depending on feedback from the people involved. A live draft is when we all log on at a proposed time and, well, draft the players. An auto pick draft requires a user to go through the eligible players list, and select who they want and who they don't want on their team. Then at a set time the league will select your players and your team. We will also follow waiver rules and have a trade deadline. Stats will be worked out later as well as roster size.

I am going on a first come first serve basis here, and will try to fit in as many members as possible in our league, I apologize in advance for those who did not sign up in time.

That should be everything, just come here, say I'm in, and I will give details on registering in the league at a later date and time.

Thanks.

I'm in, but only if it's a live draft. I have terrible luck with autopicks lol. ended up with Spezza, Keith and a whole lot of other busts last year :P you can invite me at hassan.ch97@yahoo.ca :)

Sounds fun... One question though, is this going to be our forum pool or are we having 2 this season?

I guess I'm in... Kinda like our small lil pool last season.

Doing Beaubies league and the Yahoo league

It's separate & I'm out. :(

I'm in for the forum pool we started last year.

You can do both? unless theres a yahoo league Im not aware about <_<

In that case... I'm in for the beaubie one. I'm already busy moderating, starting a new job and the yahoo ones are a lil more complicated. I liked the simplicity of beaubies, sorry HTB.

It's just easier to participate on beaubies when you already have a full plate.

Did you start your thread yet beaubie?

In that case... I'm in for the beaubie one. I'm already busy moderating, starting a new job and the yahoo ones are a lil more complicated. I liked the simplicity of beaubies, sorry HTB.

It's just easier to participate on beaubies when you already have a full plate.

Did you start your thread yet beaubie?

No she hasn't yet FS but I think she will be in the next week or two.

No she hasn't yet FS but I think she will be in the next week or two.

Thanx.

I've done the whole yahoo pools in the past. Was fine when I had the time to participate, but with beaubie's the +/-, hits and stuff isn't part of the pool. Very simple, goals and wins... Pretty much runs itself.

I simply don't have time for the yahoo one, which is why I joined the forum one last season.

Sounds like fun though, wish I had to the time to do both.

Thanx.

I've done the whole yahoo pools in the past. Was fine when I had the time to participate, but with beaubie's the +/-, hits and stuff isn't part of the pool. Very simple, goals and wins... Pretty much runs itself.

I simply don't have time for the yahoo one, which is why I joined the forum one last season.

Sounds like fun though, wish I had to the time to do both.

Its ok, less competition for me to destroy everyone in :)

I'm in for the forum pool we started last year.

Same here...I'll also wait for that one...................................but,neat idea going on here htb,good luck & have fun.;)

I'll be in for the forum pool but not the yahoo one. Have fun those who enter :)

Count me in for both :).

The thing I like about the Yahoo leage is the ability to trade and/or drop players who aren't performing. That just gets waaaaay too complicated for our happy little forum pool :P.

Complexity on the forum's pool lays in the choice of your draft picks. Trades and drops are an easy way out imo :P If it were me deciding, the NHL would also be trade free during the season. Summer is the GM time to build/tweak their roster (and their farm team for injury replacements) for the upcoming season. When the puck drops, you live or die with your decisions, all players on one year contracts **wakes up from dream**

Archived