The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2011 - 2012 Forum Hockey Pool

beaubie

23mpszr.png

The Teams

1 Jonathan Toews

F: Steven Stamkos F: Patrick Kane F: Alexander Semin F: James Neal * F: Chris Stewart

D: Duncan Keith D: Nick Leddy * G: Ilya Bryzgalov

* David Krejci, Chris Pronger Injured

2 maddienmike:

F: Corey Perry F: Patrick Sharp F: Alex Tanguay F: Nikolai Kulemin F: David Desharnais

D: Nicklas Lidstrom D: Dustin Byfuglien G: Dwayne Roloson

3 ColRouleBleu:

F: Rick Nash F: Michael Grabner F: Valtteri Filppula ** F: Jamie Benn F: Ryan Callahan*

D: Brian Campbell ** D: Zdeno Chara G: Jonathan Quick

* Jonathan Huberdeau did not make the team

** Scott Gomez, Andrei Markov injured

4 29-Dryden-29:

F: Daniel Sedin F: Jeff Carter F: Mike Richards F: Patrice Bergeron F: RJ Umberger

D: Tyler Myers D: John Carlson G: Antti Niemi

5 Habs_93:

F: Anze Kopitar F: Thomas Vanek F: John Tavares F: Andrew Ladd F: Drew Stafford

D: Kris Letang D: Kevin Shattenkirk G: Carey Price

6 Manatee-X:

F: Jonathan Toews F: Derek Roy F: Jason Spezza F: Danny Briere F: Mike Ribeiro

D: Ryan Whitney D: Sergei Gonchar G: Roberto Luongo

7 hatethosebruins:

F: Jaromir Jagr F: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins * F: Jordan Staal F: David Backes F: Evander Kane

D: Shea Weber D: Alex Pietrangelo G: Henrik Lundqvist

* Taylor Hall injured

8 THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123:

F: Alex Ovechkin F: Pavel Datsyuk F: Patrik Elias F: Ryane Clowe F: Johan Franzen

D: Drew Doughty D: Brent Burns G: Marc-Andre Fleury

9 First Star:

F: Martin St Louis F: Radim Vrbata * F: Marian Hossa F: Milan Hejduk F: Tyler Seguin

D: P.K. Subban D: Brent Seabrook G: Tomas Vokoun

*Jordan Eberle injured

10 EHIW:

F: Mikhail Grabovski F: Jarome Iginla F: Dany Heatley F: Saku Koivu F: Ryan Smyth

D: Tomas Kaberle D: Marc-Andre Bergeron G: Jaroslav Halak

11 dave-habs79:

F: Evgeni Malkin F: Joe Thornton F: Ilya Kovalchuk F: Paul Stastny F: Phil Kessel

D: Mark Streit D: Jack Johnson G: Pekka Rinne

12 jenzed:

F: Henrik Sedin F: Claude Giroux F: Loui Eriksson F: Milan Lucic F: Alexandre Burrows

D: Cam Fowler D: Matt Carle G: Miikka Kiprusoff

13 Nine1One:

F: Ryan Getzlaf F: Ryan Kesler F: Brian Gionta F: Matt Moulson F: Teemu Selanne

D: Sheldon Souray * D: Ryan Suter G: Jonas Hiller

* Lubomir Visnovsky injured

14 BreakAwayGoal13:

F: Henrik Zetterberg F: Marian Gaborik F: Mikko Koivu F: Jason Pominville F: Brooks Laich

D: Keith Yandle D: Dan Boyle G: Corey Crawford

15 beaubie:

F: Eric Staal F: Bobby Ryan F: Shane Doan F: Dustin Brown F: Chris Versteeg *

D: Dmitry Kulikov * D: Michael Del Zotto * G: Jimmy Howard

* Tobias Enstrom, Clarke MacArthur, John-Michael Liles injured

16 Forever Habs 10:

F: Nicklas Backstrom F: Michael Cammalleri F: Adam Henrique * F: Ray Whitney * F: Joffrey Lupul *

D: Dennis Wideman * D: Niklas Kronwall G: Tim Thomas

* Travis Zajac, Alex Goligoski, James van Riemsdyk,Ville Leino,Matt Duchene injured

17 uncivilengineer:

F: Vincent Lecavalier F: Brad Richards F: Patrick Marleau F: Nathan Horton F: Sergei Kostitsyn

D: Kevin Bieksa D: Dion Phaneuf G: Martin Brodeur

18 31Careyprice:

F: Sidney Crosby F: Jeff Skinner F: Joe Pavelski F: Devin Setoguchi F: Patrik Berglund

D: Mike Green D: Alexander Edler G: Ryan Miller

19 Noob616:

F: Zach Parise F: Martin Havlat F: Logan Couture F: Ales Hemsky F: Stephen Weiss

D: Christian Ehrhoff D: Erik Karlsson G: Cam Ward

20 Habs-Rule-Forever

F: Tomas Plekanec F: Erik Cole F: Max Pacioretty F: Andrei Kostitsyn F: Lars Eller

D: Kimmo Timonen* D: Fedor Tyutin G: Steve Mason

* James Wisniewski injured

The Rules

I think we all agree that this was fun last year. Yes, even you FirstStar. The inaugural season went and I think it's safe to say we learned some things. Anyway, to get to the point, here we are again. Starting up a new season. Now let's drop the puck! :P

Participation

Anyone is welcome to participate. I know some have already mentioned so in the Yahoo thread but just do so here so I can make a head count. 15 is a good number but I would not be opposed to taking on an extra few should someone wish to join. Few, being the key word. I'd say 20 is the absolute cut off but I don't think we'd get there anyway. It will be a first come, first serve basis. Once I have all the names, I will literally do a random draw on my end to number everyone. This will be the drafting order.

Draft

On a specific day (which will be mentioned ahead of time) this thread will be the place to be for the draft. We will follow the same format as last year. The order that was drawn will be the order the members choose their player. After everyone has chosen in the first round, the order will be reversed. Alternating from round to round. You may choose any position in any round when it is your turn. In the end, you should have 5 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie. The thread will be monitored during the draft days so that it can go smoothly and the first post will have an updated roster for each team (Much thanks in advance to those who will help with that!) I'll send out reminder PMs the day before and when needed during the draft for people to make their selections.

If you will be absent during a period of time, you should make an ordered list of players you would like selected and either PM me or someone else who'd you'd like to make the selection on your behalf. (This actually helped a lot at times last year). The draft will conceded when everyone has made their picks. Then it is time to wait.

1 point per actual point earned by the forwards, defensemen, and goalie

2 points per win.

5 points per shutout.

The points will be updated regularly.

Trades

There will be none.

Injuries & Dropping Players

Should a player become injured, you have the option of either dropping the player and picking up a new undrafted player or keeping him through the injury.

You cannot go back to an injured player after he is dropped. This applies to the other teams as well. There are no limits to the amount of roster changes you make. But obviously you must always have the same number of forwards and defensemen at all times.

Once a player is dropped and a new one chosen, you will henceforth be getting any points the new player earns. You will not get their previous points added to your total. I will count all points starting from the time the new player is picked. If you pick a player during a game and he happens to get 3 points, it doesn't count. Sorry.

We were pretty good with updates to injured players in here last year so if you see relevant information pertaining to injury, feel free to post it in here. It wouldn't hurt either to keep yourself updated every now and then on your own team.

Injuries to goalies will be dealt with like this. Each starter will have a backup - the actual backup of the team. The only way that the backup may pick up points for your team is if your starter is not dressed due to injury. If he is sitting on the bench, dressed, it does not count towards your total.

I'd like to point it out now should the issue arise (I don't think it will though) but in the case of two possible backups, only 1 will be counted. For example, last year I had Ryan Miller as my goalie and when he went down for a bit both Enroth and Lalime played as the "backup". Only Lalime's stats counted towards my totals though. Washington was also an example of this last season. Off the top of my head I cannot think of this being an issue but I just want to put it out there to clarify.

Tie Breaker and Update Order

In the case of a tie at the end of the season, goals for will be used.

When listing the teams in the regular updates, alphabetical order will be used in the case of two or more teams with the same amount of points.

If there is anything else any of you can think of or that comes to mind or if you just want to ask a question, make like a mountain and dew it!

Have fun everyone :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure. So long as it's not a Duck. :P

.... nevermind :(

Ithink it would be cool to do a fantasy award

MVP: Player who makes up the largest portion of a teams points

Vezina: Goalie with the most Points

Ouch, My Leg!: Best Injury Replacement

Ouch, My other Leg!: Most unfortunate injury

Ouch, I'm First Star!: Team that gets the most injuries.

Only ones I got so far :P

Your 2011-12 pool winner just arrived folks.B)

FH is in.:D

Lets Do This.

I predict this year's winner will be the person with the largest number in their name.

Dammit

.... nevermind :(

Ithink it would be cool to do a fantasy award

MVP: Player who makes up the largest portion of a teams points

Vezina: Goalie with the most Points

Ouch, My Leg!: Best Injury Replacement

Ouch, My other Leg!: Most unfortunate injury

Ouch, I'm First Star!: Team that gets the most injuries.

Only ones I got so far :P

I like that idea too. Fantasy awards at the end of the season - it's in.

Everyone in the pool 0511-1010-0623-3339_Cartoon_of_a_Red_Haired_Boy_Jumping_Into_a_Pool_clipart_image.jpgHockey pool that is....damm,before we no it,its hockey time again.:D

and that pool will be frozen over.

good thing you wear a safety helmet.<_<

You don't mind do you?

If its not copyright (CRB) ....I don't mind at all. :P:lol:

are you CRB's spokeperson or something today? :D

Yes sir.

I know thank you. It's called archiving or something like that. You don't mind do you?

No it's OK. I was just wondering where that thing ended up. I went and checked the original on my computer and saw that I made this in December 2007 :lol:

are you CRB's spokeperson or something today? :D

Absolutely not! :o:D

Yes sir.

Umm... you may want to review your answer :P

Archived