The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

I'd take the boys bowling. :P

I would try to do a better job of rotating my rookie players into the lineup rather then the long spells of inactivity that seems to be the norm with JM. If they outplay a veteran,, then they earn some of his playing time.

I know of no other coach that changes his lines as much as JM.

I'd take the boys bowling. :P

Montreal+Canadiens+v+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v-m2ZMCAF7ql.jpg

Sounds like everyone wants Guy back...

My first move would be to call Brian Gionta and Mike Cammalleri into the office and tell them I expect more from them as leaders on this team. I'd want to make sure they know we have good depth on offence this year and that they are not immune to being benched or having their PP time cut if they don't supply a good effort every night. I'd stick them on two separate lines and tell them I want to see who can get their line playing better and scoring more goals because those are two guys who can score and who need to carry (more than) their weight to make this team a contender.

I personally wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy with the way J.M. is running the team and so far, we've been on the receiving end of some bad bounces that cost us games. The effort is there, the speed is there and it's only a matter of time before we get on a major winning streak.

I know it's been said a million times, but with a healthy Markov, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Sounds like everyone wants Guy back...

*cough* not everyone.

:rolleyes:

My first move would be to call Brian Gionta and Mike Cammalleri into the office and tell them I expect more from them as leaders on this team. I'd want to make sure they know we have good depth on offence this year and that they are not immune to being benched or having their PP time cut if they don't supply a good effort every night. I'd stick them on two separate lines and tell them I want to see who can get their line playing better and scoring more goals because those are two guys who can score and who need to carry (more than) their weight to make this team a contender.

+1

I personally wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy with the way J.M. is running the team and so far, we've been on the receiving end of some bad bounces that cost us games. The effort is there, the speed is there and it's only a matter of time before we get on a major winning streak.

I know it's been said a million times, but with a healthy Markov, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not JM should be replaced. This is merely asking what you would do as coach of the Habs if you got to take over the team. Debate on how the team is currently being run is being left to other threads!

*cough* not everyone.

Flu season?... I'm with you on that one though. I love Carbo's passion, but we're better off with a guy with a bit more experience.

I tend to agree with this. All summer I was saying we need 1 or 2 experienced 3rd/4th liners. Bring up blunden, acquiring Nokelainen has done wonders. We actually out hit the bruins over the last 2 games. And Cole has been doing what he was brought in to do. Score, hit, crash the net, make room for his linemates.

Since those 2 things have come together (using cole and bringing in an experienced 4th liner) we've been winning.

A few big bodies up front has made a huge difference throughout the whole team.

We're no longer known as the smurfs. Cole is such an exciting player to watch, for a big guy he's very explosive. He can turn it on in a flash and since he's big, he's almost impossible to slow down.

We still have holes (mainly on defense), so lets keep it this way for this year. Next season our vets contracts run out, gomez is in his final 2 years and our young dmen are a year older.

DD is doing great things at centre with his linemates. So, we have the option of burying gomez in the AHL and once the seasons up we can either buy him out or keep him in the AHL.

I'm actually quite happy about the future of the habs... Have some good young players coming along. Leblanc is on pace to be this seasons Patches.

we're better off with a guy with a bit more experience.

IMO...agreed also.

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not JM should be replaced. This is merely asking what you would do as coach of the Habs if you got to take over the team. Debate on how the team is currently being run is being left to other threads!

You're right, I shouldn't have put JM's name in there since that wasn't the question. I wouldn't change a thing, I'd just be patient until we got everyone healthy.

if the answer isn't taking pleks off the point then its animating the PP. watching a few tapes and getting realistic about our decisions on the ice would have to rate way up there.

If were allowed to answer more than once:

Put a pass limit on the powerplay. Its frustrating at the end of a game if were on a PP and the guys just stay in the zone letting the clock wind down, doing 11 or 12 passes before taking a terrible shot, when we had so many chances.

If were not allowed to answer more than once disregard this one!

i'd also probably skate a forward and d man togethor indian file and make them make two good passes as they skate from one end to the other while getting a clean shot away before crossing the goal line.

i hate the way florida's d passes but i love seeing a puck dropped at the blue line by a forward for a d man.

in other words some matching of speed and passing.

our forwards seem to get hit more than other team's forwards and our control of our offensive zone isn't what it should be. gomez to my mind absolutely needs an offensively minded d man, but not precisely the pinching we tried last year, nor like the attempted breakouts of the carb era. just some happy medium.

sue me if it sounds stupid :lol:

i'd also probably skate a forward and d man togethor indian file and make them make two good passes as they skate from one end to the other while getting a clean shot away before crossing the goal line.

i hate the way florida's d passes but i love seeing a puck dropped at the blue line by a forward for a d man.

in other words some matching of speed and passing.

our forwards seem to get hit more than other team's forwards and our control of our offensive zone isn't what it should be. gomez to my mind absolutely needs an offensively minded d man, but not precisely the pinching we tried last year, nor like the attempted breakouts of the carb era. just some happy medium.

sue me if it sounds stupid :lol:

My lawyers are on it, I want the horse :lol:

Today's Poll of the Week asks you this...

If you were named coach of the Montreal Canadiens tomorrow, what is the first decision you would make and why?

The best answer will be selected at the end of the week.

When is the "end of the week? Fri.? Sat.?

Anyway,,,,I would sit down with my assistants and figure out the players personalities,,each of their strengths,,,each of their weaknesses, and how each "gets along" with other players.

Archived