The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

22 NHL rookies worth watching

AlexeiEmelin-460x250.jpg

Alexei Yemelin, Canadiens – With the Habs defense corps having lost Roman Hamrlik, James Wisniewski and Brent Sopel, there's a spot available for Yemelin. Drafted in 2004 — ahead of Ryan Callahan and Johan Franzen — he's now 25 and believes the time is right. He had career-high offensive numbers last season in the KHL, but that's not his game. He's a tough customer, a physical and gritty agitator in the Darius Kasparaitis mold, the type of player that Habs fans have cried for annually. Yemelin has been slowed by injuries, including a shattered face suffered in a fight a few years back, but he's now training in Brossard, getting acquainted with his new surroundings, and impressing prospective teammates, including Mathieu Darche, with his skating and dedication. Imagine: Yemelin and Subban on the same defence corps. That's a lot of sandpaper.

and here are the other 21 rookies

AlexeiEmelin-460x250.jpg

Alexei Yemelin, Canadiens – With the Habs defense corps having lost Roman Hamrlik, James Wisniewski and Brent Sopel, there's a spot available for Yemelin. Drafted in 2004 — ahead of Ryan Callahan and Johan Franzen — he's now 25 and believes the time is right. He had career-high offensive numbers last season in the KHL, but that's not his game. He's a tough customer, a physical and gritty agitator in the Darius Kasparaitis mold, the type of player that Habs fans have cried for annually. Yemelin has been slowed by injuries, including a shattered face suffered in a fight a few years back, but he's now training in Brossard, getting acquainted with his new surroundings, and impressing prospective teammates, including Mathieu Darche, with his skating and dedication. Imagine: Yemelin and Subban on the same defence corps. That's a lot of sandpaper.

and here are the other 21 rookies

What's the chances of this boy getting a game.....I certainly like the sounds coming from this article!!!!

By the way FH I like your early morning posts, you're the first Hab stirring, I wait all evening for some signs of life and then you burst into action!!!!

By the way FH I like your early morning posts, you're the first Hab stirring, I wait all evening for some signs of life and then you burst into action!!!!

:D Glad you enjoy the read.

Am I the only one who thinks Yemelin looks like a Russian Crosby? :lol:

If he can play the game like Sid...who cares. :P *yea,I know...He's a D

They do kinda look similar to each other :lol:

yea

Archived