The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Famous HAB Fans

Guest Regis2

I don't think he was a Habs fan per se, but he used to wear hockey jerseys in all the NHL towns Chicago visited - the late, great guitarist Terry Kath, a guitar monster if ever there was one. Don't believe? Jimi Hendrix loved him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-LoRtUB510

I'm sure he wore the Canadiens colors whenever Chicago played in Montreal.

Rest in Peace Jack, but keep in mind he's a politician. He wore a Leaf's jersey in TO and a Canuck's one in Vancouver, I bet.

Actually, I thought the same thing. Your post, however, prompted me to do some quick google-searching to see what came up.

"Jack Layton Montreal Canadiens" - plenty of pics came up, most from the "bar photo" that we're all familiar with plus one of him holding the jersey up at a rally, maybe when he first got it.

"Jack Layton Toronto Maple Leafs" - none. The only Maple Leaf with Jack in the pic is on the Canadian Flag. Some gray-haired fellow looks to be wearing a Leafs jersey but it's not Jack. There is a picture about 10 rows down of Jack in a hockey jersey but it's his Habs one. :D

"Jack Layton Vancouver Canucks" - 1 pic of Jack receiving a Canucks jersey. He has an odd look on his face and appears to be holding the jersey as far out in front of him as he can. There were a couple of pictures of Ignatieff in Vancouver blue. Although, I thought I had seen one once, a picture of a picture in a magazine, where Jack had the Canucks jersey on.

"Jack Layton Edmonton Oilers" - none.

"Jack Layton Calgary Flames" - none.

"Jack Layton Ottawa Senators" - none.

Now I'm not trying to say that he never tailored his attire to fit the market he was speaking to but it looks like he never really sold out his love for his Team. Classy guy, Jack. :)

Or maybe Habs fans are the only ones that have figured out how to use the internet. ;)

habs-celebrity-fans-st-pierre.jpg

George St. Pierre looking completely natural in his Habs jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I thought the same thing. Your post, however, prompted me to do some quick google-searching to see what came up.

"Jack Layton Montreal Canadiens" - plenty of pics came up, most from the "bar photo" that we're all familiar with plus one of him holding the jersey up at a rally, maybe when he first got it.

"Jack Layton Toronto Maple Leafs" - none. The only Maple Leaf with Jack in the pic is on the Canadian Flag. Some gray-haired fellow looks to be wearing a Leafs jersey but it's not Jack. There is a picture about 10 rows down of Jack in a hockey jersey but it's his Habs one. :D

"Jack Layton Vancouver Canucks" - 1 pic of Jack receiving a Canucks jersey. He has an odd look on his face and appears to be holding the jersey as far out in front of him as he can. There were a couple of pictures of Ignatieff in Vancouver blue. Although, I thought I had seen one once, a picture of a picture in a magazine, where Jack had the Canucks jersey on.

"Jack Layton Edmonton Oilers" - none.

"Jack Layton Calgary Flames" - none.

"Jack Layton Ottawa Senators" - none.

Now I'm not trying to say that he never tailored his attire to fit the market he was speaking to but it looks like he never really sold out his love for his Team. Classy guy, Jack. :)

Or maybe Habs fans are the only ones that have figured out how to use the internet. ;)

I guess I have to eat crow. Seems like he was a Habs fan after all :)

Sorry, my cynical side showed there :P

• 4 weeks later...

justin beiber is from ontairio says his team is t.o but went for van city last year real hockey fans dont care about any other team then theirs i went for boston actually.. because were saving this country not t.o ottawa winnipeg calgary edmonton or vancouver. mtl is bringing it back and theyll have to accept that.. too bad none of this "fans" show up for a game hahah

Archived