The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Would You Want To Converse With?

kinot-1

Guest habs1952

I have always wanted to talk to Karl Marx and Lenin. Just to tell them that their system won't work. It would be interesting to see their reactions.

As we watch the American capitalist system crumble. ;)

I wouldn't mind talking to General Robert E. Lee. I would like to ask him "what were you thinking, when you ordered a full frontal attack (suicide mission), with Picketts Brigade, at Gettysburg, knowing full-well, that your men had to run almost a mile across open ground, and endure heavy cannon fire, grape-shot, and musket fire, only to be slaughtered."

At the end of it all,,,,,,Pickett didn't have a brigade, he had nothing to command.

i'm really working hard on this question kinot. as you might know the sac and fox reservation which was a result of lincoln's only experience as a soldier was home to quite a few refugees from the trans mississippi region of the civil war and the fighting between native tribes which was completely mismanaged by both sides. prior to the fall of vickburg lee might have opportuned for a contest more likely to confer victory for the south, as you know lincoln had so many problems with generals before grant came along and seeing that lincoln called himself a coward for the fighting he did back near iowa lee might have taken the one last chance. not saying he did, but i'm giving it some thought. take it with a grain of salt of course. in any event read up on the native fighting that occured in the civil war around arkansas. its pretty interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

now its andrew jackson. why did he sell out the cherokees? because other than that move he appears to me to have been the united state's greatest president.

that's the problem with study though. ideas change. :lol:

now its andrew jackson. why did he sell out the cherokees? because other than that move he appears to me to have been the united state's greatest president.

that's the problem with study though. ideas change. :lol:

I remember watching a video about him in US history class, after it was over a student raised his hand and said I wish I could be as ruthless as Andrew Jackson :lol:

I would love to talk to Ghandi,Albert Shwitzer,(can't spell it)Mother Theresa,Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King,all people who made great sacrifices with their lives,I always wanted to change the world,but I learned that not everyone can change it in a big way,so I have had to just live and love the best I can,as an example to others,every little bit helps,no matter how small.

Guest habs1952

The Pope, .... and Susan Sarandon ..... in the same room ...... together. :lol:

Ahhhhh......the Nazi and that `nobody cares what you have to say` woman. :lol: :lol:

Marxist-Leninist Communism is far different than post 1924 Soviet Communism

I know. The point is whether or not they could have predicted the way their system would change. Lenin knew that Stalin was a bad dude, but Marx died before any communism took form. Wonder what he thinks about the murderous dictators laying claim to his system.

• 3 months later...

I remember watching a video about him in US history class, after it was over a student raised his hand and said I wish I could be as ruthless as Andrew Jackson :lol:

you'll have to explain this to me because i have the impression now that quite the opposite is true. by deciding that the united states wouldn't be based on property and banks, but in the rights of persons to decide their fate on the power of the vote he made the united states what it is internally and is perhaps the leading candidate for greatest president ever. what ruthless? ( i didn't get to see the video i guess.)

you'll have to explain this to me because i have the impression now that quite the opposite is true. by deciding that the united states wouldn't be based on property and banks, but in the rights of persons to decide their fate on the power of the vote he made the united states what it is internally and is perhaps the leading candidate for greatest president ever. what ruthless? ( i didn't get to see the video i guess.)

1. Ruthless isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bill Gates was ruthless in business, but is the world's biggest philanthropist.

2. Trail of Tears was pretty darn ruthless....

It was basically due to the numerous duels he fought, and keeping the bullet that shot him. as well as being an old man and still attempting to kill a man who tried to assassinate him.

It was basically due to the numerous duels he fought, and keeping the bullet that shot him. as well as being an old man and still attempting to kill a man who tried to assassinate him.

interesting. because in the era of the 1800's, like 1812-1832, the most ruthless, and one who we can easily put the tag on, was napoleon. and jackson was no napoleon. and napoleon is buried in a tomb where you have to bow your head to view the main attraction, as it were.

i'm trying to think if i'd fight a duel. being able to win would be my first thought i'm pretty sure. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Henry V111,another of histories megalomaniacs,if you go to England you can still see the results of his reign,the country is dotted with the ruins of churches, monasteries and abbeys,all because he couldn't get his own way,talk about stamping your foot and throwing a tantrum,but overall I don't think he was a bad king,the people didn't suffer that much when he was king.If you go to the dockyard in Portsmouth,you can see the ruins of his flagship,they raised it from the seafloor,in the eighties I think it was.

GO HABS GO :lol: :lol:

I think you must be bored Clues,you have gone through half the threads in the lounge.

Guatama Buddha

Gary Snyder

Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart)

Lee "Scratch" Perry

Celebrities: Ellen Page, Phil Hartman, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander

Hockey players: Patrick Roy aka my #1 all-time favourite!

Forum people: Clues, FH10, whoever responds to this thread after me :lol:

Why, Thank You thrill. :D

Forum people: Clues, FH10

Well thanks friend. :)