The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

PreSeason Game #5 - Boston v. Montreal

Flying_Lion

Habs by the numbers.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589799

6:34 – Time needed by Scott Gomez to net his second goal in as many preseason games played, adding to his two-point-performance from Friday night’s tilt against the Sens.

3 – Number of times since 2007 that the Canadiens have faced the Boston Bruins in Halifax for a preseason match-up.

44 – Number of Canadiens players who have taken part in at least one preseason game in 2011-12. Defenseman Morgan Ellis became the latest prospect to join the group, lacing up for the Habs on Sunday night.

0 – Number of games in which newcomer Erik Cole has been held off the scoresheet since putting on a Habs jersey, collecting at least one point in each of his three preseason games played.

3 – Number of times since the beginning of the preseason that a Canadiens skater has invited an opponent to drop the gloves, with Alex Henry becoming the third after trading blows with the Bruins’ Shawn Thornton in the first period.

2 – Number of Canadiens who have played a team-high four preseason games as of Sunday night, with Aaron Palushaj and Andreas Engqvist lacing up more than any other Hab so far in 2011-12.

4 – Number of goals scored by the Bruins special-team units, with two coming on the powerplay and the other two, shorthanded.

4 – Team-high mumber of points amassed by Cole and Palushaj since the beginning of training camp.

Well, JM said there would be cuts after this game. Perhaps he waited this long because those extra spots on the roster weren't definite yet, and he wanted to see them in a real test. I just hope there's enough preseason left so that our actual starters can start to gel and create some chemistry.

Budaj had a rough one. Hope he shakes it off. Actually, I hope he still can deliver the goods even as a backup. I was more impressed with our AHL guy (forgot his name) who got an assist the other night.

Me too, think his name was Lawson.

So not too much in the way of regulars again...

11 GOMEZ, Scott C

46 KOSTITSYN, Andrei RW

52 DARCHE, Mathieu LW

68 WEBER, Yannick D

72 COLE, Erik RW

75 GILL, Hal D

I didn't have time to read much for comments, but I hope not many people were expecting a competitive game. When you only have 4 regular forwards playing which include two chronic underachievers (Gomez and AK) and a grinder in Darche, you're in trouble. Add to that only 2 regular D-men in slow-as-molasses Gill and may-not-make-the-team Weber, you're in even more trouble. As bad as Budaj looked at times, it's hard to pin a loss on a goaltender with a lineup like tonight.

I didn't have time to read much for comments, but I hope not many people were expecting a competitive game. When you only have 4 regular forwards playing which include two chronic underachievers (Gomez and AK) and a grinder in Darche, you're in trouble. Add to that only 2 regular D-men in slow-as-molasses Gill and may-not-make-the-team Weber, you're in even more trouble. As bad as Budaj looked at times, it's hard to pin a loss on a goaltender with a lineup like tonight.

Gomez has probably been our best player next to Pacioretty so far this pre-season, if not our best player. But, you're right, we did lose this game because of the line up. It is the same thing with last nights game too. I hope we get some cuts very soon, I hate seeing this rag tag group play. Although, Boston didn't have its full line up in either and they had their third string goalie playing.

Since I didn`t see the game, I can`t comment too much on it..

But I can`t find a boxscore anywheres for the game, so were we badly outshot, were our D out of position all the time?

I mean the goalie is one factor in this and 7 goals sure is a lot but what did he have for support?

All of it. Horrible defense, horrible everything...Gomez wasn't bad.

Chill dude, relax. ;)

Sorry...lost it there,had a moment.:wacko::rolleyes:

Since I didn`t see the game, I can`t comment too much on it..

But I can`t find a boxscore anywheres for the game, so were we badly outshot, were our D out of position all the time?

I mean the goalie is one factor in this and 7 goals sure is a lot but what did he have for support?

2 of those 7 goals were short handed, this tells quite a lot of the story imo. Actually, RSD summarized it pretty well: horrible

Boodaj has a lot to learn especially playing Boston

I'm not entirely blaming just him on this lose.

2 of those 7 goals were short handed, this tells quite a lot of the story imo. Actually, RSD summarized it pretty well: horrible

Agree

So did the Habs. <_<

There ya go.;)

Since I didn`t see the game,

Lucky you

I'm not jumping ship yet.

Believe friend ,no one here is jumping ship ;).....just disappointed at times here even though its pre-season hockey........either way we look at it,it'll be a long season.

GO HABS!

Archived