Pre-Season Game #6 Bruins VS Habs

Forever_Habs10

PRESEASON GAME #6

bos.pngvs. mtl.png

Monday, September 26th, 2011

7:30PM EST / RDS

At the Bell Centre

BellCenter.jpg

5456827-1-285x280.jpg...Last night's tilt was not pretty,Montreal led 1-0 before allowing 5 consecutive goals :angry: in the loss at a sold out Halifax Metro Centre.

Keep telling yourself:

It was only an exhibition game.

The Habs dropped a tough one against the Bruins in Halifax for the first game of their back-to-back series.

No excuses: Whether it's Game seven of a playoff series or just another game on the preseason calendar, Mathieu Darchd still takes the outcome of each and every game played to heart. Even though the six game inseven nights marathon is about to come to a close, No. 52 isn't looking to make any excuses despite having a roster still made up of 44 players.

"Every team is changing their lineup on a nightly basis," pointed out Darche. "We only have a couple of guys playing two games in two nights. There are still teans out there that are changing up their lines every night."

Bright future: Besides being a good moment to take the pulse of the organization's future training camp gives Habs prospects the chance to make some lasting impressions on their future teammates. Two of the Canadiens hopefulls have done just that with center, Scott Gomez.

"Brendan [Gallagher] is getting some great opportunities and creating scoring chances. I can't say what's going to happen but he's certainly making a name for himself. The point of camp is to get noticed and that's what he's doing," praised Gomez who got the Habs on the board early in Sunday's game. "[Nathan] Beaulieu has a brilliant future ahead of him on tbe blue-line. This all really speaks to the quality of this organization and what they have in store."

One to forget: It's a safe bet that Peter Budaj likely envisioned a different outcome for his first full preseason game between the pipes for the Canadiens. But despite a rocky outing against the defending Stanley Cup champs, Budaj remains confident that Sunday night was just a minor speedbump in the road.

"To be honest, overall i 've been feeling really good," explained Budaj." It was a tough night, but i know that i can play better and i've proven it. We do still have almost two weeks until the season starts and we're going to use it to keep working and getting better."

Taking stock: Despite his team's record of one win and five losses, Canadiens head-coach Jacques Martin knows that using the preseason as a prospect testing-ground is the name of the game when it comes to training camp.

"The goal here is to evaluate our people," pointed out Martin. "We're playing five games in six nights and with a depleated lineup it's a good chance to see where our younger players are at."

28722_1246078006083_1653408635_574069_5616545_n.jpg

Let's put yesterday's exhibition behind us.

seal-of-approval.jpg

When will the line-ups be announced?

When they are released,I will post or someone will.

Gee <smacks head> why didn't I think of that.

Go ahead....you tell me.<_<

:lol:

<_<

top_pix.gif

Tonights Lineup: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011010060

Goalies

Price – Lawson

Defensemen

Diaz - Spacek - Tinordi

Gorges - Woywitka - St.Denis

Forwards

Cammalleri - Gallagher - Bournival - Berger

Dumont - Plekanec - Lefebvre - Willsie

Gionta - Trotter - Blunden - DeSimone

Goalies

Price – Lawson

Defensemen

Diaz - Spacek - Tinordi

Forwards

So,,,we have 6 regulars eh? <_<

We're done. :(

I mean sure I enjoy pre season and seein the young kids, but it"s game 6 when on earth are they gonna make cuts to allow regulars to get chemistry together. Sabres have basically been playing all there veterans all of pre-season and mixing in Foligno and Kassian who are top prospects. Time to send down the career AHLers and the young kids back to the CHL minus Gallagher and Bealieau who have looked great so far. Time to start getting some wins and confidence going into the season.

Goalies

Price – Lawson

Defensemen

Diaz - Spacek - Tinordi

Forwards

So uninteresting. I know it's all about talent evaluation, but I really hope they make some roster cuts soon. Bournival, Berger, Lefebvre, Willsie, Blunden, DeSimone, St. Denis, Woywitka, Tinordi, Lawson, and to a lesser extent, Trotter, Dumont, and Diaz are so uninteresting to watch at this point. I mean, sure, Gallagher is impressing people at camp, but are any of these other guys doing anything to attempt earning a roster spot? Do any of them have a chance? Hardly.

Be nice to finish off the night with a win................and finish off those bruins.

I mean sure I enjoy pre season and seein the young kids, but it"s game 6 when on earth are they gonna make cuts to allow regulars to get chemistry together. Sabres have basically been playing all there veterans all of pre-season and mixing in Foligno and Kassian who are top prospects. Time to send down the career AHLers and the young kids back to the CHL minus Gallagher and Bealieau who have looked great so far. Time to start getting some wins and confidence going into the season.

I fully agree 1024,,,,,there should be some cuts tomorrow. Time to start setting the lines.

So uninteresting. I know it's all about talent evaluation, but I really hope they make some roster cuts soon. Bournival, Berger, Lefebvre, Willsie, Blunden, DeSimone, St. Denis, Woywitka, Tinordi, Lawson, and to a lesser extent, Trotter, Dumont, and Diaz are so uninteresting to watch at this point. I mean, sure, Gallagher is impressing people at camp, but are any of these other guys doing anything to attempt earning a roster spot? Do any of them have a chance? Hardly.

It's not all about talent evaluation, it's also about injuries. It's getting beyond ridiculous: Pacioretty has a virus, Moen lower body, cant skate, White wont be able to skate for at least another week and we know already about the others (Markie, PK etc...)

The majority of the guys on the bubble are in on this game... Woywitka, Diaz, Blunden, Gallagher, Dumont, Willsie, Trotter. Engqvist and Palushaj are really the only others who are on the fence but not dressing. tells you JM is using this game to make up his mind about who stays for the last two pre-season games and who's camp ends tonight rather than using it to get his line-up in shape for the start of the year. This is a big game tonight for all of the above so maybe we'll see a gutsier performance.

Be nice to finish off the night with a win................and finish off those bruins.

let's put it this way. dinner is normally at game time or just before for me. today its 3 hours early just in case there's somewhere to go around 7.

just saying.

I hear your frustration, but remember that Buffalo did make more offseason moves than the habs. That being said, I find it normal that Buffalo would play their newly acquired NHLers before their prospects. Montreal only made one significant move this summer and they've been trying him out with several different linemates.

The Habs who needed the icetime got their icetime (Patches, Cole, Yemelin, Gorges, etc...).

Archived