The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Preseason Game #7

HabsRuleForever

image.gif

Last home exhibition game for Habs

The Canadiens play the Tampa Bay Lightning Thursday night at the Bell Centre the last of five preseason games the team has played in front of its adoring public.

Theres a good chance well see more genuine NHLers in the lineup plus training camp phenom Brendan Gallagher.

Head coach Jacques Martin says that Lars Eller is not likely to be cleared for contact by Friday's game in Quebec City. - TSN

Thursday's Projected Lines vs. Lightning

Forwards:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gallagher

Kostitsyn - Desharnais - Gionta

Bournival - Engqvist - Blunden

Darche - Eller - Palushaj

Defence:

Campoli - Gorges

Yemelin - Subban

Gill - Diaz

Spacek - Woywitka

Goaltenders:

Price

Budaj

As the regular season inches closer, the Tampa Bay Lightning pay a visit to the Bell Centre in Montreal to face off against the Canadiens.

The Canadiens, who have dropped three straight pre-season contests, will ice a lineup comprised of a majority of their opening night roster to face the Lightning.

One of the players still trying to earn a regular season spot is 19-year-old forward Brendan Gallagher. He has impressed during camp and will skate in tonight's game on the second line with Max Pacioretty and Scott Gomez.

The Delta, B.C. native told a Montreal newspaper that he feels playing with NHL-caliber players has already had a positive effect on his game.

"I think the best way to develop is to be around the best players," Gallagher told the Montreal Gazette. "For me to get better in this organization, there are a lot of role models here. Being here, I feel I'm developing. Just since the start of camp, I feel I'm a better player."

The club has until the end of their training camp to sign him to a contract.

Veteran defenceman Chris Campoli will make his Canadiens debut in a defensive pairing with Josh Gorges.

The 27-year-old Mississauga, Ontario native signed a one-year deal with Montreal on Monday.

Ryan Malone will also be making his pre-season debut for the Lightning.

The 31-year-old rugged forward played in 54 games last season finishing with 14 goals and 24 assists.

The Lightning won their last pre-season contest Saturday night against the Florida Panthers.

P1010043.jpg

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

canadiens-fans.jpg

Nice GDT HRF,

+1

Great GDT HRF let's see if this ones a winner,I see Tampa has a line with Connolly,St.Louis and Stamkos.Their front nine are pretty good too,its their defence I wonder about are they as good as their playoff record insinuates?I guess we'll get a birds eye view tonight and Friday night.Go Habs Go!

Great GDT HRF let's see if this ones a winner,I see Tampa has a line with Connolly,St.Louis and Stamkos.Their front nine are pretty good too,its their defence I wonder about are they as good as their playoff record insinuates?I guess we'll get a birds eye view tonight and Friday night.Go Habs Go!

whats the tampa d line up. ohlund, Hedman, and Brewer are really good imo (prone to some mistakes) Marc Andre bergon is a stud on defense.

whats the tampa d line up. ohlund, Hedman, and Brewer are really good imo (prone to some mistakes) Marc Andre bergon is a stud on defense.

I don't know their whole defence lineup but they will have to deal with the Habs top twelve.Bournival with Engqvist and Blunden is a pretty solid fourth line.All of our rookies are pretty good,Diaz,Yemelin,Gallagher,Campoli and the 4th line.Should make for an interesting game and I forgot Budaj so there is eight new faces in our lineup.

I don't know their whole defence lineup but they will have to deal with the Habs top twelve.Bournival with Engqvist and Blunden is a pretty solid fourth line.All of our rookies are pretty good,Diaz,Yemelin,Gallagher,Campoli and the 4th line.Should make for an interesting game and I forgot Budaj so there is eight new faces in our lineup.

oh yeah, their team normal defense is kubina, hedman, ohlund, brewer, are a solid top 4

Woo hoo, finally get to see one on TV!

I really cant wait until my service provider offers RDS - they say less than 1 year now (ive been waiting 5!!!) :P

you need 10,000 posts first. then you can complain. :P:lol:

Excited to see Yemelin and Subban together

DROP THE PUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Finally getting to see a more complete lineup.

OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

28722_1246078006083_1653408635_574069_5616545_n.jpg

Lets getter onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If we don't win tonite, You'll be getting slapped. B)

:lol:

Archived