The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Post Game Reaction

HabsRuleForever

Fair enough. Cole has yet to impress me, though. I hope he gets going soon.

That was Cole's best game so far, although I think that could be said for almost all the forwards in the other teams zone. Full marks for jumping in for Plekanec and for his 6 hits, I'd say he was certainly very noticeable out there compared to the first 3 games. Even Enqvist and Palushaj were decent, I saw them ragging the puck a few times.

Bottom line: Carey Price is the only All-Star on the team, he didn't have his best game and we still managed to get a valuable point. Considering our number 4-5 defenceman have a combined 7 NHL games played now, our number 6 defenceman was a forward last week, our list of injuries and general inability to comeback on most nights, I would say a 6-5 SO loss after trailing heading into the 3rd period is just fine. It's not good but it's not a 2-0 or 4-1 embarrassment.

If this team is able to get more than 3 goals on a consistent basis, I like our chances long-term with Carey Price as our goaltender...we're still not built for a cup though :lol:

i'd hate to be in subban's shoes, but i'd let carey shoulder of the blame. that mask was downright news. kids. what do they know about the reality of such things?

as to the rest of the game:

i think we're struck a bit with an injury psychology, but i just have to say: cole does NOT belong on the PP contrary to a certain opinion expressed during the game.

the lines were obviously better i will say to my credit, but the one thing about montreal is that one doesn't see individual play as much as with other teams, and i do have a blind spot to the partiality (or gamble- take your pick) of benchings during a particulrily indecent showing. i think we could come around on this with experience, but don't expect it from jm i don't think. it's really the whole debate about getting a specifically defensive coach. so-- here's hoping we get a better d corps. think markov and even spacek at this point.

Overall this should have been a WIN against the Avs but below average goal tending cost us - Price has to be sharper - Sabres are next .

and plus this defense is PUTRID, teams get easy looks at Carey every single rush

VS. the Penguins...

It is obvious that Dan Bylsma, with a team depleted of its stars, had a game plan to physically punish and pressure the Habs at every turn... the Habs were unable (and not equipped) to respond with the current line-up.

Enough said.

VS. the Penguins...

It is obvious that Dan Bylsma, with a team depleted of its stars, had a game plan to physically punish and pressure the Habs at every turn... the Habs were unable (and not equipped) to respond with the current line-up.

Enough said.

VS. the Leafs... Wilson and repeat :(

seems to me that with martin you get the heel of the bread allllll the time so to speak. i've pretty much had it. enough crust. throw something else in already. pfft.

Hi everyone, I'm bringing back a popular thread from last season. Yes I know we already have game day threads for every game. When they get closed as the next game approaches this is a place to come & continue the discussion.

This thread is for indepth analysis of the Habs play from game to game. There are several great hockey minds here so let's put our team under the microscope here.

I hope you enjoy the thread but to quote CRB from last season:

"However, if this thread becomes just a general melting pot of comments that could have been posted in other threads, it may be closed then."

Bumping up the first post. Note the highlighed red text. Many posts are straying from the initial purpose of this thread.They will be removed from this point forward.

Thank You

I've been delighted to come home and hear the results of the last two games. Having watched the highlights on NHL.com, why is Bergeron credited with the goal when the puck clearly comes of Pleks stick? Also, what in your opinion is the main reason/s for the turnaround in the Habs fortunes over the last two games?

I've been delighted to come home and hear the results of the last two games. Having watched the highlights on NHL.com, why is Bergeron credited with the goal when the puck clearly comes of Pleks stick? Also, what in your opinion is the main reason/s for the turnaround in the Habs fortunes over the last two games?

In answer to your first question - he was the closest Bruin to the puck at the time of the goal.

Firing Perry Pearn. lol. Cole has come up BIG for us this last few games.

In the absence of our veteran D-men,,,i've been pleasantly surprised by the game to game improvement from our young D. These kids are proving to be more then capable NHL players. After this season is in the books, i would expect one or more of them to be able to step into the lineup on a full time basis next season. Takes some of the pressure off PG using hit or miss UFA's, and gives him a bargaining chip with the ones he decides to retain (if any).

Last two games have been a pleasure to watch. A few bounces and we could be talking about the last 4 or 5 games ( minus the Pittsburg fiasco ).

in no particular order:

increase in self reliance with gomez out of the lineup- not pearn gone

spacek back

being able with experience to muster a compound thought

carey getting rid of the mask and getting his 100th behind him

we have a tendency to be over coached. less coaching (read increase in self reliance)

cole coming around after finding out what the habs a truly about (read toronto game)

fed up with losing. (read hate boston)

better conditioning (no fault)

pacman taking leadership role

gill getting babies out of his system

in house meeting

probably more but i need some coffee.

thanks for asking. this was good fun :lol:

in no particular order:

increase in self reliance with gomez out of the lineup- not pearn gone

spacek back

being able with experience to muster a compound thought

carey getting rid of the mask and getting his 100th behind him

we have a tendency to be over coached. less coaching (read increase in self reliance)

cole coming around after finding out what the habs a truly about (read toronto game)

fed up with losing. (read hate boston)

better conditioning (no fault)

pacman taking leadership role

gill getting babies out of his system

in house meeting

probably more but i need some coffee.

thanks for asking. this was good fun :lol:

good summary archey, the item in bold made me chuckle. a bit of forewarning though, pleki will have a baby to get out of his system in a month or so too :lol:

good summary archey, the item in bold made me chuckle. a bit of forewarning though, pleki will have a baby to get out of his system in a month or so too :lol:

you haddddddd to mention this. :lol: :lol:

With last nights WIN against Boston ( Sweep ) :D - My thoughts are with one less coach behind the bench has actually helped to improve the team - myself I would'nt want 2 guys trying to bend my ear at the same time . :lol:

The things is, with Pearn, we had 3 assistant coaches. We had Pearn and the two Randys from Hamilton. Now we're down to a regular staff of One head coach, two assistants, one goalie coach and one video coach.

Drew us some important pp's :P

habs-sm_78412.jpg

Archived