The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #2: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 Canadiens @ Jets 5:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US

Forever_Habs10

in all my days i dont think i have seen the league try to hand a team a win as much as tonight, the calls against us were a joke and that goal they score they had to push Carey through the net to get it in and there was no call. the league is just a laugh

Yeah the refs were against us big time in this game and that Jets goal was ***** shouldn't have been allowed. But on the bright side we actually scored some goals in this game and beat the crap out of a very bad team :lol:

Nice to bounce back from a shutout with a commanding win.

Nice game for Plekanec.

Yes HABS seem to be prone from time to time - bad luck ? . :(

Whatever it is, we don't like it... we seem to be snake-bit when it comes to getting thru a season with a majority healthy squad... but I do like how the team stepped up after Jaro and Cammy were down.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Every betting site had the Habs as underdogs today.

All the hype an excitement of a new team in Winnipeg has clouded the minds of some people and overestimated the Jets, they are after all the Atlanta Thrashers who missed the playoffs last year by 13 points.

In most sports, the away team is the underdog by default unless there is a huge disparity amongst the teams playing.

Yeah the refs were against us big time in this game and that Jets goal was ***** shouldn't have been allowed. But on the bright side we actually scored some goals in this game and beat the crap out of a very bad team :lol:

I just thought the refs were plain bad. The better team still won. Byf didn't deserve his first penalty, and the second one was a make-up (I think) because Gionta had just had his stick held at the other end of the ice, and he was telling that to the ref on the way up the ice. The one-from-each side call against PK was entirely phantom as well. Never did anything.

I just thought the refs were plain bad. The better team still won. Byf didn't deserve his first penalty, and the second one was a make-up (I think) because Gionta had just had his stick held at the other end of the ice, and he was telling that to the ref on the way up the ice. The one-from-each side call against PK was entirely phantom as well. Never did anything.

Yeah they were. I thought they really tried to influence the game in the Jets favor. Really makes you wonder sometimes why we get so many questionable penalties.

I'd agree with this assessment whole-heartedly. The second Buff call was essentially 2 minutes for being bigger than Gionta. It ended up being pretty significant as thats where Weber scored which opened the floodgates for the Habs, but in the end they were the better team anyway. Winnipeg looked very nervous (ahem... Johnny Oduya), but it was to be expected; playoff atmosphere, first game of the season, playing against a team that was hungry from already having a loss, etc. But I didn't understand the call on PK either, unless he did something in the scrum while the CBC cameras were pointing somewhere else. Either way, I wouldn't say the reffing particularly favored one team or another. I've read and heard a lot from both sides (being stuck in the middle loving both teams) saying the exact same thing, that the refs favored the other team. I think it was just one of those games where some bad calls were made or missed and both fanbases picked up on the ones affecting their team but turn a blind eye to the others.

Archived