The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #4 ~ Avalanche @ Canadiens. Saturday, October 15th, 2011.

Clues

Nothing to be ashamed of in this one. PK and Price didn't have great games BUT Price also made some big saves and PK still ate 25 minutes tonight. I am very hard on the team but they played well tonight and Carey Price is not going to let 5 goals in often, the young defence was actually pretty solid and yet again we lost the PP battle.

Positives, I think the entire forward group played well.

Erik Cole had 6 hits. Many positives to take out of this game and I must say the Avalanche are a very good young team. I'll take the point, its still a loss but I'm not embarassed like after the last 2. These are the ones I can live with.

4 games into the season. 3 of those games the other teams goalie was better then ours. our number one deeman played like a bottom bottom 6 and our top 5 goaltender played like a bottom 5 goaltender....

On a bright side, our forward are actually playing well.

I said after 30 or 40 games Emelin would be our second best deeman, he seems to be rounding into form, he gets the puck up the ice in a hurry, slick skater, and adjusting to the quicker bigger forwards in the NHL.

After watching Subban this season so far Emelin may end up being our number one :)

Anyway this loss was not as disapointing as the others. Colorado looks reely good, strong goaltending and great group of forwards with size, tenacity and skill, they are still weak on the back end but certainly the best team we have faced this season so far.

It's nice to see how some of the other guys have looked but we're not going to win many games without PK and Price at their normal, high levels. I'm not overly concerned long term on either but with how tight playoff races are we don't exactly have 20 games for either guy to figure it out.

I think we played a solid game. Patch has impressed me a lot. I hope he sticks with us for a long time. Pleks looks like he is going to have a good year. I would WAY rather lose a game where we can score 5 goals against a good team than be shut out by the laffs <_< we can't be too hard on Subban. Yeah, he made a bad play, but he has a ton of pressure on him for his age, his potential and because right now he kind of HAS to be good. Think about the game we played tonight, + Markov, Cammalleri, Campoli, Spacek, and a little more determined price. Thats deadly right there ladies and gentleman. It'll all come into place, give it time.

Habs played really poor defensively but I found they played really well in the offensive zone and the power play looked a lot better tonight. Price was not on his game and this will happen once and while, if anyone has the right to take a night off its Price, he is always on even when the team leaves him out to dry. I can't even remember the last time Price had an off night but I liked how the team rallied around him and gave him the goal support he needed tonight. We had a chance to win tonight with Price playing poorly, this almost never happens.

Lastly, a big thanks to the refs once again for helping the Avs tie up the game. That call on Diaz was horrible, I couldn't tell while watching the game if Diaz had actually deserved the penalty but after watching the highlights on TSN and I saw a different camera angle, he definitely did not deserve the penalty. That was huge and the refs screwed up.

so...Who do we play next?

The Buffalo Sabres are in Montreal on Tuesday night before the Canadiens head to Pittsburgh to take on the Penguins on Thursday.

No walk in the park here folks. <_<

You can't score five goals in your own barn and lose. What is this, the Islanders or the Senators, no offense. I really don't want to blame anyone for the lost. It is a team sport, they win and lose together. In the offseason, i predicted in a post, that in the first 6 games, our record would be 5-0-1 (11 points) with the OT/SO lost to BYF. Man i was wrong. The thing is that we blow up a very decent opening scedule, in which we should have gained at least 6-7 points. I hope this doesn't hunt us down the road. Now BYF, PIT and the Leafs in a row. Bring up the heat...

You can't score five goals in your own barn and lose. What is this, the Islanders or the Senators, no offense. I really don't want to blame anyone for the lost. It is a team sport, they win and lose together. In the offseason, i predicted in a post, that in the first 6 games, our record would be 5-0-1 (11 points) with the OT/SO lost to BYF. Man i was wrong. The thing is that we blow up a very decent opening scedule, in which we should have gained at least 6-7 points. I hope this doesn't hunt us down the road. Now BYF, PIT and the Leafs in a row. Bring up the heat...

Your correct in saying we win as a team,we lose as one.

And yes,we better start correcting our problems here & fast.....allowing 2 pts to continually slip away early on in the season can most diffidently come back & bite us at the end of the season.

IMO, this loss is much less worrisome than the 4-1 stinker against the Flames. If the offense is going to generate that many chances consistently and the defense continues to hang on for dear life, Carey will be better on 95% of the nights and we'll win a lot of games. The Habs earned that point tonight and considering that Goaltending is the strength of the team, on almost every other night 5 goals is going to get you 2 points.

At least the Habs earned a point on the deal. i just hope they don't spend the year bouncing between 1 goal games and 5 goal games.

It's nice to see how some of the other guys have looked but we're not going to win many games without PK and Price at their normal, high levels. I'm not overly concerned long term on either but with how tight playoff races are we don't exactly have 20 games for either guy to figure it out.

Exactly. PK and Price have become the habs go to guys and they have to play that way each time there in the lineup.(realistically I know everyone has bad outings)

We have a good core of forwards and it showed last night...Ad Cammerelli back to that group and i really believe were ok.

PK and Price are the only two things that can hold us together at a high level on the backend we need them playing top end not bottom end like last night.

I think most of the goals were five-hole on carey... it wasn't the greatest game for him.. but he will bounce back. Also P.K is also feeling the heat, as his plays have not been stellar since the beginning of the season. That is why he needs to be more simple at times, other then trying to deke everyone out. In that turnover, he should've known there was nobody on the back-end, so should've passed it. But things happen. Lets hope habs bounce back and win some games, or else it will get ugly pretty quick.

dont discount some dude named crosby...

There are lots of guys who have had to come back from concussions. The only thing in Crosby's favor is that he's a higher-profile player. Pacioretty's injuries were far more severe... not only career-threatening, but almost life-threatening/paralyzing according to the doctors (Dr. Recchi's opinion not included). Pacman has been a beast thus far.

There are lots of guys who have had to come back from concussions. The only thing in Crosby's favor is that he's a higher-profile player. Pacioretty's injuries were far more severe... not only career-threatening, but almost life-threatening/paralyzing according to the doctors (Dr. Recchi's opinion not included). Pacman has been a beast thus far.

Nominees this year should be Crosby Pacman perron...maybe teemu selanne?

I understand that perfectly but still, Crosby will get the favor, he's too important to this league

Nominees this year should be Crosby Pacman perron...maybe teemu selanne?

Crosby should get consideration, but I don't see how anyone could be considered above what Pacman went through. I'd throw two other guys we know into the mix of potential nominees though... Markov, if he ever makes it back, and Souray, who may be resurrecting his career in Dallas.

Good comeback HABS!! Better luck in the next game! :)

minus 2pts badly needed...not good enough <_<

Better luck in the next game! :)

Buffalo.....*sighhhhh*

Archived