The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #17 ~ Sabres @ Canadiens. Monday, November 14th, 2011.

Clues

2ebwltz.jpg

Sabres Website //Canadiens Website

Sabres-Canadiens Preview

Ryan Miller has been one of the NHL's top goaltenders in recent years for the Buffalo Sabres, making his struggles this season all the more perplexing.

Now, he has an even bigger problem than inconsistent play.

After the Sabres announced Miller is out indefinitely with a concussion, Jhonas Enroth is expected to start Monday night when Buffalo looks to beat the Montreal Canadiens for the fifth straight time.

The Sabres (10-6-0) had their four-game winning streak snapped with a 6-2 loss to Boston on Saturday, as Miller allowed three goals on 22 shots before Enroth replaced him for the third period.

Miller, 1-5-0 with a 4.16 goals-against average in his last six starts, initially stayed in the game after a first-period collision with Boston's Milan Lucic, who received a minor penalty for charging.

Buffalo's goalie had strayed from the crease to play the puck, and he was livid with Lucic after the game.

"(Lucic has) 50 pounds on me and he runs me like that? It's unbelievable," Miller said. "Everyone in (Boston) sees him as a big tough solid player. I respected him for how hard he played. That was gutless. Gutless."

The Sabres revealed the nature of Miller's injury Sunday.

Buffalo can at least feel good about turning to Enroth, who has gone 5-0-0 with a 1.75 GAA in seven games - five starts - this season despite allowing three goals on 13 shots in the third period Saturday. The club recalled Drew MacIntyre from Rochester of the AHL to back up Enroth.

Miller made 40 saves in a 3-1 win at Montreal on Oct. 18, part of the Canadiens' 1-5-2 start. However, the club seems to have put those early struggles behind it.

Montreal (7-7-2) has won six of eight since those first eight games, during which it scored one or no goals five times.

The Canadiens have found their scoring touch and tightened up their defense in front of Carey Price, who has gone 5-2-0 with a 1.86 GAA in his last seven starts.

Backup Peter Budaj gave Price a day off Saturday and made 25 saves in a 2-1 overtime victory over Nashville. David Desharnais scored in the first period and assisted on Max Pacioretty's winner.

It was the second straight OT victory for Montreal, which beat Phoenix 3-2 on Thursday.

"It's been a few games now that we've been working really hard around the net but weren't scoring much," Desharnais told the team's official website. "It was great to finally be paid off."

Price likely will be back in net against Buffalo, a team he's performed well against while not always receiving enough offensive support. He hasn't allowed more than two goals in his last 10 starts versus the Sabres, though he's gone 4-3-3 in those matchups despite a 1.47 GAA.

Buffalo's Thomas Vanek, who has three goals and an assist over his last three games, scored the winner against Price in the second period last month.

The Canadiens' Andrei Kostitsyn missed his third straight game with a lower-body injury Saturday, and it's uncertain if he'll be in the lineup against the Sabres.

Buffalo has won three straight and six of the last eight meetings in Montreal.

Preview

Last Games Played

14972p2.jpg

Buffalo - Recap / Boxscore / Video

Montreal - Recap / Boxscore / Video

Injuries

141r1ic.jpg

Standings

33uuy2p.jpg

go Habs go!

Milan Lucic hits Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres at Boston Bruins game on Nov 12, 2011....for those who may not have seen it as of yet........

Lucic received only a minor penalty. Miller stayed in the game, but felt increasingly worse and did not play in the third period. The Bruins dominated the game afterward, scoring six consecutive goals, including the go-ahead goal and a third one just 14 seconds apart in the middle period.

Lucic received only a minor penalty. Miller stayed in the game, but felt increasingly worse and did not play in the third period. The Bruins dominated the game afterward, scoring six consecutive goals, including the go-ahead goal and a third one just 14 seconds apart in the middle period.

Miller has a concussion, will not be in tonight, expect Enroth.

Tim Peel tonight :|

vomit.gif

Buffalo will come out angry and Enroth has been solid.

Agreed on both <_<

Great Game Day thread sorry that i gave it up last minute

Great Game Day thread sorry that i gave it up last minute

Yea,right.;)

Yea,right.;)

Game over.

:(

gatcifhj1.gif

Interesting

Miller won't be in because he received a concussion when Lucic slammed him. Interesting how Lucic received no disciplinary action. Probably because he has no "prior history." I don't think there's one player on the Boston Bruins who has a "prior history."

So it's Tim Peel, eh? Where's my throwup emoticon?

Miller won't be in because he received a concussion when Lucic slammed him. Interesting how Lucic received no disciplinary action. Probably because he has no "prior history." I don't think there's one player on the Boston Bruins who has a "prior history."

So it's Tim Peel, eh? Where's my throwup emoticon?

The proverbial "Clean Slate Bruins"every thirty games the NHL wipes their slate clean,Chara being an honorary member they don't even record his at all.

So it's Tim Peel, eh? Where's my throw up emoticon?

In post #17

NO SUSPENSION OR FINE FOR BRUINS' LUCIC AFTER HIT ON MILLER

Archived