The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tell Us About Yourself

kinot-1

You know my friends (and you are all my friends), that we are what I would call a unique fraternity. We have global members that have one thing in common, the Habs.

We have (for the most part) seen the faces of our members in the "Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves" thread.

Now,,what I am proposing is that we give some more info regarding our lives, and NO, I don't want your pin #, or passwords :lol:

Tell us as much or as little as you wish,,,,,,,, your call.

Here are some examples of what I mean, as far as I know.

archey,,,,,has a horse named Sarge, and lives north of Chicago,,,,that's it.

Clues,,,,,,is caring for a nephew, and goes to school. That's it.

FH 10,,,,,lives in St. John NB,,,,,and works in a hospital (I think).

First Star,,,,,is a tattoo/body modifier (?) lives in Que. province (or near Montreal), I think.

MaddieandMike,,,,,(Maddie),,,she is (I think) British, and older than Mike,,,,Maddie composes the rhymes/poems,,,I think.

So,,,kinot-1,,,,,is 65 years old, retired, after working 31 years at a Ford Assembly Plant,,,,separated, after 33 years,,,lives alone in a 2 bedroom apt. in London, Ont. I have 4 daughters, 4 grand-children, and 5 great-grand children :blink: . I love to travel,,,camp,,,,fish,,,and of course my motorcycle :)

So,,,do you wish to tell the rest of us about yourself? Your call regarding how much or how little you tell us.

Nice idea here Kinot-1....but its very similar to this thread,no?

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

Hi.....they call me Johnny Boy......you can call me FH.B)

Do your Moddy thingy. :P

LOL

it's not that i don't want to answer, but to be fair to myself i'll just say that i'm in love with music and would shrivel up if anyone ever said i should take care of myself like a musician. you know- watch my hands or something stupid like that.

i'm not a hockey player. the guys around my neighborhood would have smashed me. serious. they were some fairly agitatable persons. i wasn't that big either and you could pass a corned beef between my bow legs. i don't have the best on skates balance.

i got a horse about 12 years ago which pretty much changed my life. i found them to be so gentle and smart and so willing to listen and so atheletic i thought i must have died and gone to canada. (lol)

my childhood ambition was to have a wildlife refuge of my own.

i dropped out of religion after reading the material. both my parents were jewish. substitute bison in the torah for cattle and make the rest of the changes needed to live that kind of life in this hemishpere and that is my religion. like my parents wouldn't eat pork i won't eat cattle. (for example)

i play the sax and the guitar.

that's about it.

thanks for asking!!!!

it's not that i don't want to answer, but to be fair to myself i'll just say that i'm in love with music and would shrivel up if anyone ever said i should take care of myself like a musician. you know- watch my hands or something stupid like that.

i'm not a hockey player. the guys around my neighborhood would have smashed me. serious. they were some fairly agitatable persons. i wasn't that big either and you could pass a corned beef between my bow legs. i don't have the best on skates balance.

i got a horse about 12 years ago which pretty much changed my life. i found them to be so gentle and smart and so willing to listen and so atheletic i thought i must have died and gone to canada. (lol)

i dropped out of religion after reading the material. both my parents were jewish. substitute bison in the torah for cattle and make the rest of the changes needed to live that kind of life in this hemishpere and that is my religion. like my parents wouldn't eat pork i won't eat cattle. (for example)

that's about it.

thanks for asking!!!!

Thanx for sharing Archey!

that's about it.

thanks for asking!!!!

You are an interesting guy, archey.

Thanks

Nice idea here Kinot-1....but its very similar to this thread,no?

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

I don't think it's really that similar.. with that thread, it's for new members to tell us about themselves.. where as with this one it's more for regular members.. at least that's how I see it. :)

I think this is a good idea, kinot. I haven't the time right now, but I'll do this soon. I apologise in advance if it turns in to a novel.

I don't think it's really that similar.. with that thread, it's for new members to tell us about themselves.. where as with this one it's more for regular members.. at least that's how I see it. :)

I think this is a good idea, kinot.

OH...its a great idea for sure....like I said,no offense to Kinot-1.....I just see the 2 threads pretty much similar.......hey,what the hell I know,huh? :D

I think this thread is a great idea.

Think about it, some of us have been chatting with each other for years on the forum-yet we know nothing about each other.

Imo it's a great way to get to know our fellow posters. get to know the person behind the nickname.

I'm surprised it hasn't been created before this.

Well done Kinot.

I think this thread is a great idea.

Think about it, some of us have been chatting with each other for years on the forum-yet we know nothing about each other.

Imo it's a great way to get to know our fellow posters. get to know the person behind the nickname.

I'm surprised it hasn't been created before this.

Well done Kinot.

Thanks FS, This is what I had in mind when I created it, that we don't know too much about each other. I feel it makes us "more" of a family. :) There are other aspects to our lives that may be interesting to the rest of us.

OH...its a great idea for sure....like I said,no offense to Kinot-1.....I just see the 2 threads pretty much similar.......hey,what the hell I know,huh? :D

No offence taken friend, in the introduce yourselves thread, I took it to mean that it was for newcomers, and not so much for us oldies-but-goodies. B)

No offence taken friend, in the introduce yourselves thread, I took it to mean that it was for newcomers, and not so much for us oldies-but-goodies. B)

well....ya did good.:D

Thanks FS, This is what I had in mind when I created it, that we don't know too much about each other. I feel it makes us "more" of a family. :) There are other aspects to our lives that may be interesting to the rest of us.

exactly.

We basically watch the games together, be nice to know a thing or two about our fellow posters.

FH 10,,,,,lives in St. John NB,,,,,and works in a hospital (I think).

Pretty close....Employed now for some 25 yrs in the health care industry (in one of Canada's largest nursing home complex)

http://www.lochlomondvilla.com/

Utility Worker

FH Here (John)...Maritimes #1 Habs Fan,( Saint-John,N.B.,Canada )...have been a die-hard habs fan since birth,joined this forum few yrs back now & I've meet some very nice friends on here along the way....cool place to hang out in & catch up with all the day-day wheeling & dealings with our HABS & through-out the league.

Have ventured up to the Bell Center twice now....coming back up next yr.

On a personal note...Married to a wonderful loving wife (18 yrs in :D ) with 3 teenage young lads.

Favorite all-time #1 rock & roll band...STONES

rolling_stones_band_close_up.jpg

GO HABS!

I enjoy true crime mysteries shows....also,messing around with my acoustic ;enjoy listing to classic rock & the blues...

The Stones-Lynyrd Skynyrd-B.B.King-Eric Clapton-Stevie Ray Vaughan-The Doors/Jim Morrison-Jimi Hendrix-Johnny Lang-Grateful Dead-Neil Young-James Taylor-Koko Taylor-Etta James-Buddy Guy-The Band-John Lennon,to name a few of my favorites...its all good.

also.

when i was young boy scouts was huge, but i was only a cub scout. if i did the things for an arrow i put it down as done. i didn't do it special for the scouts. i had just done it so i counted it. i think it was all right. i had 7 silver and one gold arrow.

i probably still should be shot for it. i don't know. i don't even think i care anymore. :blink::lol:

Pretty close....Employed now for some 25 yrs in the health care industry (in one of Canada's largest nursing home complex)

http://www.lochlomondvilla.com/

Utility Worker

FH Here (John)...Maritimes #1 Habs Fan,( Saint-John,N.B.,Canada )...have been a die-hard habs fan since birth,joined this forum few yrs back now & I've meet some very nice friends on here along the way....cool place to hang out in & catch up with all the day-day wheeling & dealings with our HABS & through-out the league.

Have ventured up to the Bell Center twice now....coming back up next yr.

On a personal note...Married to a wonderful loving wife (18 yrs in :D ) with 3 teenage young lads.

Favorite all-time #1 rock & roll band...STONES

rolling_stones_band_close_up.jpg

GO HABS!

I enjoy long walks on the beach, braiding hair....also,messing around with my acoustic ;enjoy listing to classic rock & the blues...

The Stones-Lynyrd Skynyrd-B.B.King-Eric Clapton-Stevie Ray Vaughan-The Doors/Jim Morrison-Jimi Hendrix-Johnny Lang-Grateful Dead-Neil Young-James Taylor-Koko Taylor-Etta James-Buddy Guy-The Band-John Lennon,to name a few of my favorites...its all good.

:P

Just a suggestion, to get more participation couldn't this be moved to the General Habs discussion, kind of like the Putting a face to your username thread? Or maybe not, I don't know. Just a thought.

With all due respect Clues,,,I felt that the "introduce yourselves" thread" would only apply to the new members.

This thread would apply to all members,,,,new and old. :)

:P

funny guy you.

Archived