Canadiens de Montreal

Game #33 Sat 17 December, 2011 7pm Devils @ Habs

THEBIGGESTHABSFAN123

2ev9qg9.jpg

PREVIEW

DEVILS (17-13-1) AT CANADIENS (13-12-7)

TV: CBC, MSG PLUS

LAST 10: New Jersey 5-5-0; Montreal 3-3-4

Season Series: The teams are meeting for the second time this season, and the second Saturday night in a row. The Canadiens came to New Jersey a week ago and left with a 2-1 win.

Big Story: The Devils have won three in a row and are on a 5-1-0 roll after Friday's 6-3 victory against Dallas at the Prudential Center, but they'll be trying to avenge the one loss in that span as they go for their seventh consecutive win in Montreal.

Team Scope:

Devils: The best news for the Devils has been the re-emergence of Zach Parise as a premier player. He and linemates Adam Henrique and Ilya Kovalchuk ruined the Stars on Friday -- Parise had a goal and three assists -- including one each on goals by Henrique and Kovalchuk.

After missing most of last season with a knee injury that required surgery, Parise is healthy and confident again.

"I think his timing is coming back," coach Peter DeBoer said. "He's getting to the right places as the puck is getting there, which is what he's good at. Two weeks ago he was there a second early or a second late. I can't explain it, but I know speaking to him he feels like he's back to where he should be and it couldn't come as a better time for us."

Canadiens: Montreal has struggled to win at the Bell Centre, going 5-6-6 at home including a 4-3 loss to Philadelphia on Thursday. The highlight for the full house of 21,273 was seeing 2009 first-rounder Louis LeBlanc score his first NHL goal -- the crowd erupted when the Quebec native score during the second period.

"At times the atmosphere around the team and what the fans create is unparalleled. It's unbelievable to be a part of," forward Eric Cole told the team's website. "With Louis' goal I thought that was something awesome. It was exciting for everyone involved - everyone on the ice was excited for that moment. Just seeing how the fans can really drive the momentum and drive up the atmosphere has been fantastic."

Who's Hot: Parise's four-point night against Dallas was his first since Jan. 29, 2010. He has five goals and 16 points in his last 11 games after getting just 11 points in his first 21 games. … Cole has goals in four straight games and leads the Canadiens with 12.

Injury Report: The Devils are playing without defenseman Andy Greene (broken foot) and forward Josef Jacobsen (broken clavicle). Center Travis Zajac (Achilles tendon) made his season debut Friday. … Montreal lost forward Travis Moen with a foot injury this week, and is already without captain Brian Gionta (lower body), center Scott Gomez (groin) and top defenseman Andrei Markov (rehab from knee surgery).

Stat Pack: If the game goes to a shootout, the Canadiens figure to be in trouble. New Jersey has a League-leading seven wins in the tiebreaker this season, losing only once. Montreal has won just once in six shootouts and have dropped all four at home.

Puck Drop: Barring injury, Martin Brodeur always plays for the Devils when they come to his home town, and Saturday should be no exception. Brodeur has a 7-8-0 record and a 3.09 goals-against average this season -- but he's 5-0-0 in his last five visits to the Bell Centre, allowing just five goals in that span, and 40-18-5 lifetime against the team he grew up rooting for.

"Marty's a great goalie; he's got the most wins, the most shutouts - you just have to say 'Marty Brodeur' and everyone knows what you're talking about," Montreal goaltender Peter Budaj told the team's website when asked about the winningest goaltender in NHL history. "I think it's special for him to come back home and play here, no matter how many times he's done it in the past 20 years. It's a good challenge for us but we were able to beat New Jersey in New Jersey, so hopefully we'll get back on a winning streak starting with tomorrow's game."

103bu60.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL– The Canadiens announced Saturday that Jacques Martin has been relieved of his duties as head coach of the Canadiens and that assistant Randy Cunneyworth would take the reins of the team through the end of the 2011-2012 season.

The 50-year old Randy Cunneyworth joined the Canadiens organisation in 2010-11 as head coach of the team’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton, leading the Bulldogs to a record of 44-27-9. Cunneyworth, who joined the Canadiens coaching staff in 2011-12 had spent two seasons as an assistant with the Atlanta Thrashers, from 2008 to 2010. Previously, Cunneyworth was head coach of the AHL Rochester Americans for nine seasons, leaving the franchise as the second winningest coach with 268 victories. The Etobicoke, Ontario native played 15 seasons in the NHL, recording 414 points in 866 career games.

Appointed Assistant General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens on July 16, 2010, Larry Carrière will join the Canadiens coaching staff as an assistant to Cunneyworth. Carrière has over two decades of experience in hockey management as General Manager, Director of Player Personnel and amateur scout. The Montreal-born Carrière, played 367 games in the NHL with Buffalo, Vancouver, Los Angeles, Toronto and Atlanta between 1972 and 1980.

Jacques Martin was in his third season at the helm of the Canadiens in 2011-12. In 196 games behind the Montreal bench, he led the team to 96 wins, 75 losses and 25 overtime losses. Throughout his NHL head coaching career, Martin recorded 613 wins, 481 losses, 119 ties and 81 overtime losses in 1,294 games.

There was an article on HIO a couple of months ago where JM said that not every player was going to like his style. It was in reference to one specific player, people speculated that it was Gomez. After seeing how Cammalleri has been playing, I'm kind of leaning towards him. I want to see a break out game from Cammalleri tonight. He's coasted enough, He always misses about 30 odd games a season, so he should be ready to go by now.

There was an article on HIO a couple of months ago where JM said that not every player was going to like his style. It was in reference to one specific player, people speculated that it was Gomez. After seeing how Cammalleri has been playing, I'm kind of leaning towards him. I want to see a break out game from Cammalleri tonight. He's coasted enough, He always misses about 30 odd games a season, so he should be ready to go by now.

JM did an interview with Dave Stubbs. He basically said that he found it hard to coach players that were given to him who didn't share his work ethic and philosophy for the team. I don't recall this being about one player, but I did recall thinking at the time that this may have been a reference to Cammalleri. Maybe there are other guys too though.

Projected Lines vs. Devils

Forwards:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Darche - Eller - Leblanc

Blunden - Nokelainen - Weber

Defence:

Gorges - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Gill - Campoli

Goaltenders:

Price

Budaj

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gifHab-banana-1.gif

GO_HABS_GO_14485-1.gif

Sportsnet is reporting that releasing JM may have come from high upbove....( J.Molson)....if so...if true....sends a strong message to a Mr.PG

Sportsnet is reporting that releasing JM may have come from high upbove....( J.Molson)....if so...if true....sends a strong message to a Mr.PG

I wouldn't be surprised. During the press conference PG kept saying "we" decided then would backtrack and said "I".

I wouldn't be surprised. During the press conference PG kept saying "we" decided then would backtrack and said "I".

PG might just be on a short lease himself here....if this team cannot turn right the ship....no?

Nice seeing Big Bird in the building....

Just About Game Time....Hab-banana-1.gif

are_you_ready.gif

Key players need to start stepping up dammit......and they know who they are...enough is enough.......GO_HABS_GO.gif

i'm ready if you are :lol:

Just expecting our boys too be.<_<

Guest habs1952

PG, Gainey and Molson?

I guess with PG stating the team has been underachieving, even with the injuries, we can expect the Habs to do no less than underachieve under a new head coach, or they can improve at least to a point where they achieve, or they can surprise us and overachieve. :blink:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

28722_1246078006083_1653408635_574069_5616545_n.jpg

PG, Gainey and Molson?

I guess with PG stating the team has been underachieving, even with the injuries, we can expect the Habs to do no less than underachieve under a new head coach, or they can improve at least to a point where they achieve, or they can surprise us and overachieve. :blink:

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

it a combination of gio, cammy and pleks not scoring. and thinking carey isn't ready for the whole truth. it overrode the unjuries thing to the honchos minds. but its by far that carey cannot stop his share of shootout goals though JM was a goalie himself. if i was the jury from what i heard this is my thought.

Archived