The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Game #34 Mon, 19 Dec 2011 Canadiens @ Bruins

Forever_Habs10

What was Vinny saying, sadly my French has increasingly failed due to lack of use :(

A lot of the same things we've been saying. That the coach's priority should be delivering the product on the ice and not speaking the language. He said it's nice if there the head coach can speak French, but that some years the best candidate may only speak English and that shouldn't stop us from hiring him.

Just add root infront of it

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all good. This is the habs official fan forum, it's normal we have to be strict. We do have young members here.

So basically it's a rated "G" forum.

Depends. One is a football forum where everything is accepted. The other hockey forum I visit, they don't mind the accronyms and they don't really give a damn for swear words as long as it's not aimed towards another member, but not may people use them anyways.

A lot of the same things we've been saying. That the coach's priority should be delivering the product on the ice and not speaking the language. He said it's nice if there the head coach can speak French, but that some years the best candidate may only speak English and that shouldn't stop us from hiring him.

I always liked that Vinny D B)

Thanks for the breakdown.

And imagine being a player on the team and knowing that good candidates are being passed over so satisfy language politics over your chance at a Cup. Why would you want to play here?

Alain Crete calls Koivu and Gionta being named captain a "slide that led to this acceptance of a lack of french"... a slide? Crete's lucky he had such a decent human being as Koivu playing for his team. At least Damphousse is talking sense.

Lets just name Leblanc captain already.

Really?

For forwards I think Cole would make a good captain.

I like that one

Really?

For forwards I think Cole would make a good captain. Both Gorges and Gill are very vocal and respected by their teammates.

But... Gorges and Gill... Are they going to even be here next year? Either way, Gionta is captain, so the conversation is moot for another few years. However. Hypothetically. Ugh... Andrei Kostitsyn! :D

Archived