Game #40 Winnipeg Jets @ Montreal Canadiens

kinot-1

WED., 7:30 AT THE BELL CENTER

TSN, AND RDS

RADIO TEAM 990

Winnipeg-Jets-Concept-Logo.gif

images.jpg

GAME PREVIEW

With his team coming off the best month in franchise history, Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel thinks the club can keep up that pace on the road in January.

Facing the slumping Montreal Canadiens could help the Jets open their four-game trip on a positive note.

Winnipeg looks to match a season high with a fourth consecutive win Wednesday night when the Canadiens take the ice for the first time following an eventful start to the new year.

“We really played well through the month, and we have to carry that through,” Noel told the league’s official website. “… We’re playing with some real passion, and we’re doing some really good things. I don’t see it changing on the road.” The Jets, though, are just 5-8-4 on the road, and they play 15 of their next 21 away from the MTS Centre.

We all know about the Habs woes, both on and off the ice <_< , so I won't go over them.

Montreal is 13th in the EC with 35 points, eight back of Winnipeg. Montreal plays six of its next seven at home, so they had better get their act together.

kinot-1 GDT score 0-0-2

Best GDT I've seen in a while....looks like a winner to me. B)

They better not screw up and start winning.

Agreed, I've heard others say it and i agree fully.. if we end up battling and end up between 10-7 well be gone in the first round and get a middle pick... eventually we have to rebuild. May as well be now, I'm sure it's not just me whos fed up with being a meidocre team

They better not screw up and start winning.

That's my fear.

Honestly, I'd rather finish around 13th-15th (in the east) than to squeak into the playoffs at the 8th spot.

Have a fire sale, get rid of Cammy, Gio, even Gomez if possible and pick up draft picks. A playoff team looking for help on the back end may be willing to take Gill. For some reason I see him joining the coaching staff. Someone may take campoli for a pick.

Get rid of all those players, then let nature take it's course. Bring up some kids, let them gather experience while we head for the basement. Even let Budaj play and earn his 1.5 million. Giving Price a much needed rest, has played a lot over the last few years.

And Team Canada about to take the ice!

Go Canada!

That's my fear.

Honestly, I'd rather finish around 13th-15th (in the east) than to squeak into the playoffs at the 8th spot.

Have a fire sale, get rid of Cammy, Gio, even Gomez if possible and pick up draft picks. A playoff team looking for help on the back end may be willing to take Gill. For some reason I see him joining the coaching staff. Someone may take campoli for a pick.

Get rid of all those players, then let nature take it's course. Bring up some kids, let them gather experience while we head for the basement. Even let Budaj play and earn his 1.5 million. Giving Price a much needed rest, has played a lot over the last few years.

And Team Canada about to take the ice!

Go Canada!

I agree 100%. Go Winnipeg Go, do they habs a favor and beat them.

Archived