The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Poll of the Week

BigTed3

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players will finish the season with the most goals?

• Andrei Kostitsyn (10 goals to date)
    • Travis Moen (9 goals)
    • Michael Cammalleri (9 goals)
    • Tomas Plekanec (8 goals)
    • Lars Eller (8 goals)
    • Brian Gionta (8 goals)

Lars Eller just got back into the goal race and the Habs now have an abundance of players with 8 goals or more. Could they end up with 8 guys scoring 20 goals or more? All we'd like to know for now is which of the players with 10 goals or fewer right now will end up with the highest tally at season's end.

I had to go with AK, if only because of the process of elimination. Moen, won't be playing on the top 2 lines when Gio/Gomez come back, Cammy is too streaky for me, Pleks is more of a playmaker, Gio will not get too many goals (just a hunch), and Eller although he tries hard, won't get the goals needed.

JM2C

Where is Cole?...Pacioretty?...From the above i would go with Cammalleri. He is doomed with a hot streak. I predict that if he gets too hot, with Cole as a linemate, we would actually make the playoffs...

The question is not who is going to lead the team in goals, only which of the players with 10 goals or less at this time (which excludes Pacman or Cole, both of whom have more) will finish with the most.

The question is not who is going to lead the team in goals, only which of the players with 10 goals or less at this time (which excludes Pacman or Cole, both of whom have more) will finish with the most.

Sorry, but where is the original question written?

I went for Cammalleri. You have to figure he gets hot at some point in the back half of the season, and when he does, he'll be a scoring machine in a short burst. If not him, it'll be Gionta.

Yup. Cammy is the safe/smart bet. I would say that if everything stays as it is, Cole or Patches should still be most likely to lead the team in goal scoring. Based on the rest (people with 10 goals or less, as indicated by the poll) I would rank them in this order:

Cammy

Gio

AK

Pleks

Eller

Moen

Cammy and/or Gio will get hot I think & when that happens they will score at a much better rate. Likely wont overtake Cole, but even that is possible.

AK & Pleks are pretty consistent & should break 20 but I dont think either will challenge for the lead.

Eller is an interesting variable. Was wednesday his "coming out" party? Will he now pull a patented "Plekanec 2nd half" and come on strong? or was that just a Jan Bulis V2.0 "blip" on the season. It is possible he could be in this race - especially if Gauthier decides to move some vets for pics at the deadline. Cunneyworth seems to have made it clear that if you're hungry & work hard, you will get ice time - and eller is both of those things.

Moen, I expect, will drop off a bit.

Archived